1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright Believe Harden Is a Better Player Than Kawhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha

2. likestohypeguy

(off topic)

I used to be able to watch this guy. Never hated him as much as Houston generally did when he was on radio here, apparently, and although he was never handsome much less tv handsome, his face and act had a character that was at least watchable, tolerable.

Then he started changing, personally and physically- his social issues takes have become so canned, predictable, and extreme, you can almost write them yourself before you hear it. Then he started doing this thing, where he'd selectively mimic stereotypical black mannerisms and speech, depending on the guest analyst, usually when punctuating a point or putting down jenna. NOw the final straw, those hair plugs! A receding hairline or bald is not unsightly. Whatever TF he did to his hair, hair plugs, chia hair, whatever that is, is UNWATCHABLE. I can't look at it without my insides turning. It's like women who trade laugh lines for frozen lizard face. I recoil. Have to listen to them on sirius now. Shame, I really liked watching Jenna and CC.

I mean there was zero wrong with this (the nose plays)
    [​IMG]

THen suddenly
    [​IMG]

And now they're styling it every which way in an impossible effort to find some semblance of a natural look:
    [​IMG]

That little stripe of whispy hairs that isn't going anywhere, they either have to hide by combing short bangs down over it which looks bad, or it's exposed like this as he grows it out and combs back. At the beginning, when he first started combing it back those little hairs looked completely alien.

(Sorry this happened in your thread, been building too long)

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If we wanted him, we could have had him. Those were good teams before he got there. I can think of a couple of teams Harden can put over the top too. Same with Clippers. Load management? He hasn't never had to carry a load. Like I said his circumstances were fortunate enough that he can pretend that he did it all himself.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Joan Rivers? Is that you?

Handles, Zboy, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden plays a full schedule and goes hard every single night and is punished by the media when he wears down in the playoffs. Kawhi is a part-timer during the regular season. The NBA should do more to honor players and teams who have enough respect for the league and fans to compete in every game.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow Nick Wright soned this dude like Austin Rivers did to Doc.

I already miss Chris Carter. There was much less combativeness and hot takes and more simple difference of opinions. There was no you take one side and I will take the other. No trying to embarrass the other person. If CC and Nick agreed on something, they agreed.

Is this new guy the new guy? I hope not all he does is talk to get clicks.

7. jowman

jowman Member

Of course he is. You’d have to be brain dead to argue otherwise.

Kawhi is a system player. Benefitting from joining the best run organizations and injuries to other teams.

His offense is not great for a superstar. Booker offense>> kawhi

Hardens offense is stratosphere’s above this whiny diva b****.

Defense aren’t that far apart.

Most other fans outside of rockets fans don’t even watch the games they just follow what the media is saying. They are losers who don’t have a life

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. jowman

jowman Member

This is perfect. The league and media is backwards as always. Glorifying selfish b**** like behavior and eviscerating the working man.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Nick Wright is a genius all other rockets and harden haters can go kill themselves

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hair does not look organic enough, hope his spouse is good with it.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, Nick Wright came through with the 1st round KO on that b*tch Vincent Goodwill...he slapped him around like my mom did me that 1 time when I foolishly told her to shut up when I was 8

Vincent Goodwill is TRASH, and he has a badly built shaped head...I hate that clown

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good god goodwill is insufferable

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden has averaged 30 points a game over the last 3 seasons in the playoffs. He has had some clunkers (so has Leonard) but James has also had double teams at times and had a team entirely change their defense to defend him for an entire playoff series.

Harden just needs to lead his team to a title.

If not for the Warriors, he would have 1-3 titles and would be discussed in the same breath as the top 5-10 players of all time.

15. Nook

Nook Member

HP3 likes this.
  16. Marteen

Marteen Member

This guy also picked the Colts to win the AFC South, so I'm not sure I want him deciding my bets.

D-rock likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I actually find Nick Wright's XM show to be one of the more enjoyable sports ones.
    And I usually like his takes - at least in that they are fairly well thought out.

I agree with him wholeheartedly here.

But it's less an agreement on Harden, and more on Kawhi. Why is this dude all of a sudden super elevated? Because a ridiculously deep and good Raptors team that was better (winning % wise) without him playing last year, and is currently on pace to be even better this year, despite losing Kawhi (and Lowry now), and is currently better than Kawhi's new ridiculously deep team, won a Finals when the other team lost their best player and another key player?

The Raptors around Kawhi were ridiculously better than the Rockets around Harden last year, and the Warriors team they played was worse.

The end.

I'm on Harden for his playoff performance ALL THE TIME. And for his ridiculous attempt at defense. And yada yada.

But I can also call a spade a spade. Harden sucking against the Spurs in 2016... horrible. Against the Clippers the prior year... ridiculous. No doubt. But all else being equal, Kawhi doesn't go any farther than Harden in the playoffs. He probably goes less far, since he can't carry a team to as high a seeding, all else being equal.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah he jumped a level in an inferior conference with a DEEP team against a hobbled af Warriors and still Harden performed better against the Warriors than Kawhi did.... Media manufacturered narratives

Richie_Rich, fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Garbage analysis... Or he has inferior teammates usually going up against a loaded team or one with more stars.... He was the best player in the series against the Warriors, but CP3 had the worst playoff series OF HIS CAREER

D-rock and bacliff like this.
  20. jowman

jowman Member

Goodwill is a joke. He’s also uglier than Patrick Beverley. His life would be miserable if he had to live with a brain.

D-rock likes this.