1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Omg allegedly 1 year over the decades of NBA playoffs, these shadowy figures demanding and/or orchestrating the rig jobs must have extreme patience then.

Look if I was a dude trying to generate money for the NBA by rigging I would rig the lame ass teams over the glamor teams:

1. The lesser known teams are the under dogs, it makes the NBA playoffs more exciting and unpredictable. Why is March Madness and American Football so popular? Cuz nobody knows what will happen Patriots can sweep the season but lose the Superbowl.

2. People bet on the glamor teams, the Mafia will make more money when upsets happen

Rigging games for popular teams like the Lakers or GSW does nothing, those teams already have very invested fans and loyal/cult following who will watch games no matter what. OTH look how energized Toronto was last year or the Cavs were during Lebron's time, those teams generated a ton of $$$ for the NBA. NBA would be better served if these other teams got the lime light and had their games rigged over established teams like GSW who tbh everybody was already sick of watching every year. It was boring and stale for everyone who wasn't a GSW fan, and like I said those fans already bought season tickets and were gonna go to every game anyway.

If anything, we can see how these calls show that there isn't a rigging in the NBA, because for the NBA the "villain" Rockets beating the "play the game the right way" GSW would be a classic heel turn and set up the stage for a rivalry. John Cena and the Rock didn't win all their matches cuz that would be boring.

All the headlines would come alive and the mafia would make a ton of cash like when Pistons beat the Lakers with Malone and Payton. It also sets the stage for Lebron "the King" stealing a victory from the Rockets. Instead we just got another predictable and boring GSW win for like 5 years and the ratings became more and more mediocre.

#1401 roslolian, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Didn’t read anything but the first few words since it doesn’t mean anything to me.

you said rigging only affects the rockets apparently. I merely pointed out that is incorrect.

Nook likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

But you don't really have proof Sacramento got affected, that's just your allegations though. Don't ****ing talk to me if you aren't gonna read my posts.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

hahahaha.
    Sheesh somebody obviously struck a nerve with you hey pal.

let’s play a game. What did you think of the flagrant foul call today against the rockets for kawhi coming down on our boys foot?

isn’t it quite peculiar how in a certain playoff series against a certain team a certain player was not getting that call over and over again.
    Almost as if, dare I say, one team was not meant to win.

I don’t play chess, but I think that’s what Morey calls check, mate.
    And by mate, I mean never my mate.

are you going to chuck another hissy fit?

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Bottom line the Clippers are Doc Rivers team: When things start to go bad they will implode, just like last night with the technicals in a close game. Beverely and Doc. They will also do some super stupid things, like let James walk into 2 3 point daggers. The only person that is clutch is Kawhi and doesn't get caught up in the complaining. Bev, Trez, Lou, and rest of the team are emotional players and get caught up in calls and complaining.

Hippieloser and FrontRunner like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

#1409 Houstunna, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    jcmoon likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Media markets matter more than anything you’ve mentioned. Might want to look into those.

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

having rewatched the game, things i liked and learned:

1) Mclemore is unplayable in the playoffs...His pick and roll defense is bad over and under the screen. Help defense is not good enough and his isolation defense, especially on a guard is bad. Even though he can hit an open 3 three pointer he can't just rise up over ppl like green with a quick trigger....I would rather have green at this point. harkless and Beverley were just driving in for easy layups in the first quarter.....i'm sorry ben but I don't think you're going to cut it.

2) Thabo has proved himself. his defense on kawhi is essential for those ten minutes a game.

3) chander was a huge pickup. Harrell and zubac have been limited to wide open rolls. otherwise they can't work in the post and we will gladly let Harrell shoot all day.

4) its critical that rivers is in the game against any good pick and roll combo..he's our best defender at the initial point of attack and without him in there we are easy to score against....even if he's not hitting his shots.

5) it looks like Clint may be off the trade block now. Keeping him in the paint and letting harden guard the perimeter has been a huge success and his defense and rebounding will be critical against the clippers and lakers….he is hitting his little hook shots and playing up to his contract now.

6) Those refs must not like Westbrook. they don't call obvious fouls but yet if you go near Leonard's hand its a foul. bullshit.

7) When harden drained that wide open 3 in the fourth, jeff van gundy said "you just don't leave the best player on the floor wide open in transition". Props to James....he is indeed the best player on the floor and in the league, obviously better than kawhi who in my opinion is injured or simply overrated....Kawhi's on the ball defense is good but I think Paul George is a better isolation defender than kawhi and he is not living up to the name "The claw".

It was a great win and i'm enjoying it for the moment but when PG13 comes back they will be a much better team. We won't be able to double kawhi as much and George always guards harden well. Having Beverley, pg 13, and kawhi on harden all game at the point of attack and after a switch is going to be a nightmare. I hope Eric Gordon comes back healthy....We are ALL IN this year...GO ROCKETS!

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Never said MDA is the face and icon of the Houston Rockets franchise.
    My point is that to call him 'Dumbtoni' is ridiculous.
    He (and his team under HIS guidance) have outperformed EVERY OTHER team
    in the NBA the last 3 years except for the STACKED GS Warriors with 4 All Stars.
    That includes 28 OTHER NBA coaches. Does that sound 'dumb'?

Are you denying that our coach has little influence over this team?
    Do you remember what times were like under a McHale and JB?
    D'Antoni's system and '7 sec or less' TRANSFORMED this team and made James an MVP Superstar.
    We've set NBA records in 3 pointers made (and missed), gone 7 games in a heavyweight bout with
    'the greatest team ever assembled' (only a CP hammy and ref rigging away from winning), boasted
    a Coach of the Year and League MVP (should have been multiple)

Are you denying that? Absolutely James is an amazing player, but his rise to prominence in the past few years
    can be attributed DIRECTLY to MDA's free flow system setting James up as point guard and facilitating.
    PERIOD
    It's because D'Antoni puts trust in his players and gives them freedom to create and shoot
    that makes this offense work (with the right personnel). But some see it as the coach just 'watching them play'

Just because YOU believe that everyone should be robotic and have to move in certain ways
    and be restricted to set plays doesn't make the coach dumb. His system works and the numbers prove it.

i just think the coach gets a bad rap from the likes of you and other short-sighted observers.
    Because according to your guidelines, ANY coach that doesn't have a ring is 'dumb' or worthless.
    I guess there are a LOT of worthless coaches out there. Which indicates that we could do MUCH worse than D'Antoni.

At least we win 70% of the time with our coach. But yet, SOME people complain about that (looking at YOU).
    Your friend @BasketMAD is a whiner much like you. And he believes Dave Joerger could be a BETTER replacement
    than D'Antoni. DAVE JEORGER! The SAME Joerger who was fired by the Grizz and fired by the Kings and
    has NO rings. LOL

It's obvious that MDA gets very little credit for the good he's accomplished.
    People like you and BasketMAD can only see the bad.

"Two people look out through the selfsame bars,
    One sees the mud, the other stars"

Just depends on what you want to focus on

So, I'll ask YOU the same question I asked BasketMAD.
    You believe our coach is dumb, and does nothing to guide the team and anyone could do better.
    So, who is YOUR dream replacement that can surpass a .700 winning percentage?
    (must be living person and available as a coach)
    I look forward to your response.. . .OUT

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I dunno but I really like that he is taking a support role.

DD

Remlap likes this.
  14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So far it seems like he is. He's deferring to James in the 4th quarter and picks his spots when it comes to taking shots. Especially 3-pointers which he's not very good at, although he is hitting the occasional clutch one late in games like he used to do when he played against us with OKC.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

I have GROWN TO LOVE Tony Brothers! :p

[​IMG]

16. Junebball

Junebball Member

No data to backup this, but it seems finally MDA has abandoned that atrocious small ball line up with PJ at Center. That and making sure Clint spends more time surveying the paint have instantly improved the d.

One other note, Chandler defense is incredible. I know he closed the game last night out of necessity, I won't mind he closes more games over Clint.

17. Victorious

Victorious Member

My favorite part of last night game was when Tyson Chandler got fouled hard by Montrez and you can hear Tyson say, "NOW THAT'S A MOTHERF'N FOUL!" Lol glad to finally have him on this team

BigShasta likes this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I doubt we abandoned it. He used it against OKC when were down....when we need to score threes to come back.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9JA6TK.gif

Remlap likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

only one of them was a real foul.