1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Overlord.

I give this movie a solid 6 out of 20. Turribel. The acting is just so bad.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I agree. It was terrible! My son and I loved the gore though! We saw it when I was visiting him at College Station last fall. Not much else to do up there.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

JoJo Rabbit — 10/10.

amazingly creative, funny, and touching.

sure, a little uneven here and there but an original.

rockwell, Johansson, and all the child actors were perfect.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thanks.

Will check it out.

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doctor Sleep was pretty solid. Fun movie. 7/10.

FranchiseBlade and FrontRunner like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was it the one with Nazis?

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

yeah

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

i thought that movie was dope for what it was. 6/10

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I wish Judd Apatow had made this movie. It's a great story but not as well done here as it should have been.

FrontRunner and Jontro like this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I don't think I've seen a Judd Apatow directed movie other than The 40 Year Old Virgin. (It could have something to do with my wife not liking it.) I could see this being more of a straight up raunchy comedy--nothing wrong with that. I could also imagine it darker and even less comedic. I'm not sure if it's just Luke Wilson but, as it was, it reminded me a bit of Risky Business (not as good, but more fun in general).

We just saw Zombieland: Double Tap
    8/10 -- Deserves to be seen in a theater in my opinion

CometsWin likes this.
  11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

The Lighthouse - 8/10

Big fan of the director's first movie - The Witch - Really enjoyed this, quite the trip, certainly not for everyone but Robert Pattinson is on quite the run. Shot in black and White, Dafoe is great - like an extreme buddy comedy that many will label as horror, but I don't think it is. The black and white is perfect for the film, I laughed pretty hard and frequently - a lot to process but some unforgettable images and two really good wild performances.

12. Nero

Nero Member

DOLEMITE is my NAME!

8/10

This was a great feel-good movie from start to finish. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it.

Eddie Murphy ought to win some award for this - he truly became Rudy, and not once did I think 'Oh that's Eddie Murphy playing some guy from the 70's'. Considering the subject matter, it had lots of heart, despite the language and general raunchy nature of the products they were trying to create and sell.

Also, Wesley Snipes.

13. Fantasma Negro

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

I'm happy that when I started this movie, my woman said "ugh, I don't wanna watch a war movie" and left the room because there would be no defending my manhood the way I cried at the end of this film. Incredible performances from the entire cast including a very subtle Chris Tucker performance where he gave the audience just enough of his humor without seeming silly or unserious. Garrett Hedlund's chops have improved so much, Tron Legacy is one of my favorite movies but he wasn't able to project depth in that movie. In this film, he shows his full range and steals damn near every scene he's in. Vin Diesel, my goodness. Vin has been a favorite of mine since Saving Private Ryan, if you ignore the cash grab F&F movies Vin is an amazing actor and if you doubt me, you need to see Babylon A.D. Diesel put on a performance that moved me to tears, he was only in the film for about ten to fifteen minutes collectively but his impact and presence is felt throughout the film. Kristen Stewart was Kristen Stewart, this chick is simply incapable of a bad performance and she definitely delivers here. Throughout the film you can feel here pain, fear and desire to have her brother back because she may never see him again and all the while the look in Billy's eyes said he was never coming home. Joe Alwyn, Hollywood should be on notice because British actors are taking all the jobs lol. Alwyn was just flat out impressive. The way he was able to maintain that look in his eyes, from the beginning to the end, he brings the audience into his point of view and displays so much vulnerability, he wasn't trying to be a hero, he was just trying to save his friend. Near the end the scene with the cheerleader where he finally exposes himself emotionally and then he realizes what she's really into him for, the shift you see in his spirit is heartbreaking. Super ****ing long winded but this movie really shook me and watching it on veterans day, it just felt heavier. Bravo to the cast and director. It's criminal this film didn't win any major awards

10/10

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ford v Ferrari was awesome - 9/10

mikol13, fattz, GRENDEL and 2 others like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

It's solid, good old Eddie Murphy despite it not being that type of over the top movie to make him shine. I thought Wesley Snipes was a bad choice, even if he had some fun bits, but to me he didn't sell it well and was the only downside. Also it's really a shame Bernie Mac is dead, you know he would've been in this one and just kill it. That's what would've put this movie over the top, another great comedian.

P.S. Just saw they actually made a Undercover Brother 2 with Michael Jai White and Lamar Odom's wife, what the freaking ****?!?!

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

REDBOX

The Peanut Butter Falcoln 9/10

A real different kind of feel good movie, that will stir a spectrum of emotions and probably leave you a little teary eyed at some point. It starts out a little slow, but as the story builds you will not be disappointed.

The Farewell 9 /10
    I really enjoyed this movie. It is a unique and moving story that will make you laugh and pull at your heart. There are subtitles when the family speaks in Mandarin, but some of the speaking is also in English.

whiskeyred and FrontRunner like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, the daughter is one of the most caring people as a movie character and IRL (as this is based on a true story).

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Midway- 7/10

Pretty good cast with Woody Harrelson as Admiral Nimitz, Aaron Eckhart as Jimmy Doolitle, Patrick Wilson, and Dennis Quaid. It wasn't the love story of Pearl Harbor, and I was hoping for longer battle scenes, but overall, I enjoyed the historical aspect, and I love seeing old WWII planes in action. It essentially spans the attack of Pearl Harbor, Doolitle's raid on Tokyo (Badass to see the B-25's taking off of a carrier) , the code breaking, and the Battle of Midway.
    It's a full 2 and a half hours, but it does not drag. It really blows my mind to see the courage and bravery these men displayed flying directly into AA fire..

#8198 Falcons Talon, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    justtxyank, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Angel Has Fallen
    Your generic, predictable run of the mill action movie full of cgi and really cringe-worthy green screen. Not the most intellectually stimulating plot but it kept me entertained

5/10

Gemini Man
    Strangely, even though I didn't see this in a theater, I would've rated it higher if it was a netflix movie. Not to say netflix movies are low quality, Gemini Man is anything but low quality but it just didn't feel big enough for the box office, and the ticket sales show that. My first reaction to this movie was that it was underwhelming but after thinking about it, its exactly what you expect from the films concept. The film comes off as predictable but that probably because there's just not much that can be done with this concept other than what was done. The acting was good, the visuals are breathtaking, the train sniper scene was pretty cool but like I said it is predictable and the very end is pretty cheesy.

5.5/10

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. Nero

Nero Member

Lady & the Tramp ('live action' on Disney+)

0/10

Seriously, can all the people at Disney and wherever else who think they need to go back and make new 'live-action' and CGI versions of beloved animated classics.. can they all just lock themselves in their garages with their cars running please?

What utter, complete, pure, unadulterated GARBAGE.

I couldn't get more than about 20 minutes into this thing.

This crap needs to stop.

I am not even going to bother listing everything that is wrong with this piece of junk - if you start watching it some day, and as you feel your blood pressure rise, and you start mentally ticking off things, one after the other, of 'Why the *%$# did they do that?', you'll know what I mean.

And if this is what Disney+ plans to offer as regular fare, then my Disney+ account will be canceled pretty quickly. They can't make enough Mandalorians and Marvel series to keep me paying for insulting *&%$ like this thing.

whiskeyred and FrontRunner like this.