1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Hong Kong Protest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 12, 2019.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

They do make so called "China's oppression" questionable. These numerous "individual acts" have been going on for 5 months. We still do not see a single death caused by police brutality..... Your MSM propaganda are still calling them fascists cops... Meanwhile, the 'non-oppression', non-warzone USA, the cops have been killing people in the usual hundreds during the same period...nobody cares.

It reminds me the thread tile "BLM are pure terrorists" , who are so 'pure' that no single death are related with them. This whole world is a joke.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you can't win and things aren't going your way, just lash out at the whole world. I understand that feeling.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Yeah I can never win when I am arguing with and seeing some living jokes everywhere and everyday.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, just dump the whole game board over.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Thats just a taste of the American values they longed for.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I’ve been dreading that HK is turning into something resembling a civil war.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

It has been inevitable for sometime. From family there, more and more people are supporting the call for self determination and people are getting more hardened in their opinions.

How the CCP handles this will be interesting. Thirty years ago they could bar/limit the press and slaughter people with little graphic evidence. Now with technology it will be a lot harder. Also, originally the CCP could have limited the damage by reaching an agreement. That is no longer the case as many protesters are absolute in their convictions for self autonomy.

The CCP will have to crush the protesters, but how will the USA and Western Europeans view the inevitable graphic content? Is it enough to start a de facto cold war? No one wins economically but Europe and the USA can weather it far easier and there are other emerging production economies.

What I do know is that the CCP is not going to give the protesters what they want, they are obsessed with state sovereignty.

11. Nook

Nook Member

There is no "cultural misunderstanding" of what they are doing and it is disgusting.

The CCP (and it isn't hyperbole) is a combination or Nazi Germany and Stalin era Soviet Union.

The West is feeding this monster and soon will have to reckon with it when it feels it is on an equal footing with the USA and the potential is there for many millions of people to die. Contrary to the BS spewed by the left (cultural sensitivity) and the right (strong business interests), China is not interested in control being limited to their own borders.

TheresTheDagger and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I think the phrase you are looking for is: "common human decency".....

Also they are calling the pregnant woman a cockroach....... something that has picked up steam in mainland China...... it is the dehumanization of people to make their treatment and extermination easier to swallow. Hitler did it and so did Japan in WWII and that turned out really well.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

CCP could just let this drag on and let a huge recession take place in the city. How many people would turn on the protesters if that happens?

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

Thanks for 'graphical evidence' and There is no "cultural misunderstanding" of what they are doing and it is disgusting.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think that the CCP can put their ego aside to do that. Also a recession is a double sides sword because they risk have the blame falling on the CCP.

There is no easy and clean solution. Both sides are tired and stressed out and things are only escalating.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Do you really want me to post the pictures of the protesters being shot with rubber bullets and tear gas?

Do I need to post the pregnant woman yesterday that was just standing there and had "police" spraying in her face and knocking her down?

There is a reason that so many people are protesting...... that want self determination.... they don't want to be told what to think. They do not want to be at the knee of the evil CCP.

17. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

LOL, you are a living example China harvest human organs. Your brain was probably harvested by China years ago and all you have left is hatred and hysteria.

You neo-con or neo-liberals alike try to promote “freedom and democracy” all over the world but all you create is chaos and turmoil. I don’t even recall even one of those new democratic countries currently live in peace and prosperity. Arab Spring, Color Revolution,etc, everything is an epic fail. People in these countries continue living in pain and suffering and yet you guys act like nothing happened and move on to next target continue to promote “freedom and democracy” regardless how many evil acts happen under the name of it.

I want to told you guys to STFU and leave this world alone but I know it is waste of time. Your job probably is to spit useless sh*t on a message board almost 24*7.

18. Miracle

Miracle Member

While there were police misconducts during the whole process, I genuinely wondered whether other governments could do a better job in a massive, long-lasting demonstration like this. Amnesty International and other media have reported police misconducts in many ongoing protests, including the ones in the UK, Belgium, Spain, and France. What are the differences of police actions in other democratic countries? Is it actually realistic for every police officer to act as constrained as all the protesters in the world want them to, especially if the demands are difficult for the government to meet and the police are tasked to control the situation?

The damage might be controlled had the bill been withdrawn earlier. After the five demands were proposed and the attack in Yuen Long, the protesters seemed to stand firm and had no alternative plans to have a dialogue (they refused government proposals on that), negotiate and find a compromise. I wonder what could the government do to reach an agreement, if none of the demands could be fully met? Some other issues of an unorganized, leaderless protest can be found in the interview that I posted earlier. The whole situation is a deadlock right now, as you have indicated.

#478 Miracle, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Thank you for letting everyone know where you stand.

First Hong Kong isn't a "target", the people of Hong Kong on their own don't want to be ruled under the CCP because they want basic human freedoms and right. Those in the mainland have been beaten down into submission by the very group responsible for putting millions of Chinese in concentration camps and in the past have starved to death tens of millions of Chinese.

There is no financial or military intervention by the USA. I personally have family in Hong Kong right now and have spent a good amount of time there. I have a vested interest because I do not want my family ground up and spit out like the CCP has historically done.

Your country is ruled by a party that was based on the Soviet Union. The CCP has killed many millions of Chinese...... and they suppress the internet and the press because they know if the Chinese see the truth they will not tolerate it either.

Go ahead and call those in Hong Kong cockroaches and belittle them.... the world knows the truth.

20. Nook

Nook Member

It is very difficult for the police to avoid physical contact of a large group of protesters. There is no doubt about that. Also the police in Spain have been worse than those in Hong Kong. The difference is the CCP and their current activities and history make people very suspicious of them. Many people are alive and remember what happened 30 years ago.

In a lot of ways this all was inevitable. Hong Kong went from the UK to being controlled by one of the most oppressive regimes in the world. It was in many ways a culture shock. the CCP wanted to absorb Hong Kong and many in Hong Kong did not want that to happen. They had access and liberties that mainland China did not have and they have been paranoid about losing them.

I have family in Hong Kong and there has been long term fear of the CCP stripping them of their rights. The bill lit the fuse, but we both know once the match was lit it was going to spread.

Miracle likes this.