1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry can't function without All-Star support; May be held out for season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Nov 11, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

he’s good but 18 ppg let’s calm down and I could name ten PFs better then pau easily

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry is a little pacifier sucking child of a man. If he sits out all year it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He sure did alright by himself in the playoffs last season

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I can't wait for the bottom-dwelling Warriors to make their inevitable "Steph's injury did not respond to the surgery as we'd hoped, and he needs another 2-3 months to heal properly" announcement.

5. WestendMassive

A tale of two tweets:

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Gianns should not get MVP. last year, they have Snell to support. This year should not give him

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tyson Chandler was DPOY and an All Star. Caron Butler 2x All Star. Jason Kidd was older but 10x All Star (last all star was 2010, year before championship) and 9x All NBA Defensive Team. Jason Terry was NBA sixth Man. And finally an older Shawn Marion but 4x All Star and was rejuvenated in post season.

Dream did not have that much talent around him his first ring.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

okay, who?

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Mavericks also had higher payroll that season than the Heatles, IIRC

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Pau + Bynum was the best big man duo in the league and Lamar Odom was the best 6th man in the league. Please take off the blinders

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

still needed refs game 1 rig job plus 2 allstars to advance past lone harden he was really the only one who was by himself

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ugh what a wuss.

One of the most unique talents to ever grace the court (Durant) probably the league’s best 3&D player (Thompson) Swiss Army knife Igoudala and dpoy who gets to lambaste refs, scratch and kick opponents...all of whom get to set moving picks multiple times every possession to get the pacifier sucking little brother an open shot...

He’s the best open shot shooter ever, on a team and in a league totally catering to his lone strength covering up the fact that he kinda sucks butts at everything else. Div-3 level defense. No strength, cantrebound anything that doesn’t bounce right to him. Considering the gravity of his team his dribbling and passing is overrated beyond average. But you know what? He’ll hit open 3s.

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Poor curry........Myers needs to get this dude some real help. How can someone expect curry to flourish with only 2 allstars when he returns??

slothy420, deb4rockets and D-rock like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

yeah Bynum absolute legend he became

lamar Odom averaged 14 ppg

dude Lakers team was good don’t get me wrong but it wasn't star studded. The reason and the only reason they won was because Kobe Bryant. There were better teams in the league on paper

any team that wins a chip has to be good but my point still stands that Kobe carried the team with the help of solid role players cuz that’s the kind of numbers his team produced

I’m just saying guys like Kobe and MJ were more capable to carry a team compared to other stars. They wouldn’t of won 6 chips but maybe 1-2 cuz they were that good.

but at the end of the day I agree all stars need other great players to be successful

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How is this GARM?

17. mockster

mockster Member

In no particular order

Karl Malone

Chris Webber

Kevin Garnett

Larry bird

Tim Duncan

Charles Barkley

Kevin McHale

Anthony Davis

Shawn Kemp

David Robison

Dirk Nowitzki

Chris bosh

Rasheed Wallace

I could name more

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope the media reiterates the reality of Harden > Curry.

Needs to be known historic purposes and fairness.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Gasol led them in win shares in 2009 and 2010

Kobe really had a weird career. He was the best player on the Lakers over a long span, but I don’t think he was ever really the best player over any entire year during that span when they won a chip.

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

David Robinson and Larry Bird are definitely not pf’s + Rasheed Wallace, Chris Bosh, AD, and Shawn Kemp are undeniably worse than prime Pau.

I mean, come on. It was well known even at the time that Kobe was an inefficient chucker that needed great teams to win. He was talked about as possibly the greatest player of all time so gullible people would buy Lakers tickets, not because he had a real shot of being better than MJ.

clutchdabear and BigggReddd like this.