1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Had my first one. I'd rate it higher in taste and the chicken was a bigger piece. Loved the sauce that came on it (spicy one, obviously). I was with my wife, and the baby was sleeping in the car seat, so we waited in the drive through. If lines were the same length and moving the same, I'd pic this over chic fil a.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Had my first Thursday. Sidenote: had it at the Popeye's on Antoine where that armored truck guy was killed recently. I work in that area.

Anyway it was ok. I remember my first chic fil a. It was in Austin before Houston. At least my sister brought one back on a trip home from UT in 1986. I was 11

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The lines have finally hit Sugarland, but the wait wasn't long at all. The flavor was still as good as I remembered before and during the hype. Popeye's is better than Chick-Fil-a,

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I went by the Popeye's by my house and there was still a line, so, no... I'll keep waiting. I don't want to get stabbed or body-slammed. :D

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I vote for the place where I am greeted nicely and less likely to get stabbed.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They suckered me into finally going inside today since I only saw about 9 or 10 people. Somehow that ended up being me waiting 45 minutes inside. The sandwich just tasted like one of their fried chicken pieces on buns, although it tasted less spicy than I remember Popeye's being. The sauce was decent. If you've had the butter they put on their biscuits, it's the same stuff they put on the buns, I think, and the spices they use on their sauce and chicken are the same, too, from what I understand. It tasted good, but nowhere near the-hype-good. Would I wait more than 10 minutes in line for one again? Heck no.

7. likestohypeguy

This is the beginning and end of the Popeyes part of this thread.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

they have drive though at popeyes scardy cat.

9. likestohypeguy

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I've never been to a Popeyes that had good customer service.
    I've never been to a Chick-fil-a that had bad customer service.

That being said..I still prefer Popeyes Chicken over Chick-fil-a.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nah I'm good bro. People are bringing guns up there just to get a sandwich. Plus the waffle fries and lemonade beat Popeyes anything any day.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You haven't had the mashed potatoes and sweet tea at Popeyes huh? Might be too spicy for your taste buds though.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Boondocks just repeats itself

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol I like unsweetened and mashed potatoes.... I mean those are good though. I won't argue. I am just amazed at how people are going insane for a sandwich man. We Americans are a weird group. Reeeaaal weird.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

A new challenger has appeared......

#397 TMac'n, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've officially tried it.

The Popeyes breading is better than CFA, but if you want spice you have to get their mayo. I don't eat that crap. CFA wins for spice factor.

I don't like CFA's fries, so on the sides Popeyes wins easily.

Where Popeyes SUCKS is customer service. Man. It's like they TRY to hire the rudest, least educated group of people they possible can.

I've gone twice to get a good comparison and both times the person gave me attitude, made me repeat my order (I mean how hard is "classic chicken sandwich with nothing on it" really?) and then the first time the girl dropped my credit card when trying to hand it back to me at the window and gave me a stink eye and the copped an attitude when I asked for a straw for my drink. Second time it was a dude who literally rolled his eyes after after he handed me my bag and I asked for sweet heat dipping sauce. I might have asked him for it early but when I handed him my credit card he closed the window while I was in mid sentence.

I don't get it. How does Popeyes have these people? They are slow, get orders wrong, give you attitude...it's amazing really.

So verdict?

Popeyes is better texture, better bread but not spicy without sauce.
    Popeyes has better side options.
    CFA better spice without sauce.
    CFA way faster and way better customer service.

19. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

I tried it last Friday. I think the piece of chicken itself was a lot bigger than I've gotten at CFA. I like CFA's breading more. Popeye's used surprisingly good pickles.

I got a classic, gf got a classic with no pickles. When we got home, we had one spicy with pickles and a classic with pickles. So...yeah, not at all what we ordered.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is disrespectful to Popeye's biscuits. Shameful.

justtxyank and REEKO_HTOWN like this.