1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Or Lamar Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, Nov 4, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cleaning up on bad teams really isn't a fair criticism. That being said Baltimore does rely on his legs. He hasn't put up big numbers but he hasn't needed to. He has been efficient. As long as he shows that with his natural ability he has great potential

Definitely not in Watson's league as a passer but i.think he can be

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lamar with the electric TD run. Looked like a video game. Wow

Next week's Ravens Texans game needs to be flexed to SNF

#42 TheRealist137, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bet the browns wish they could have a do over

houston19519 likes this.
  4. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I think both Texans and Ravens are happy with there qbs. I can’t wait for the game next week. Cincinnati is imploding out there now.

pgabriel likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pats and Seahawks wins were great. 4 of the Ravens 7 wins: Bengals (Twice), Dolphins, Cardinals. Their next 4 games: Texans, Rams, 49ers, Bills. We will see.....

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this, easily the best game on the schedule and way better than currently slated Bears/Rams

BigShasta and everyday eddie like this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I actually prefer watching games Sunday morning more than Sunday evening.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I would agree if the Texans didn’t have to play on Thursday night. It would be brutal to have to fly out of Baltimore late Sunday night land in Houston early Monday morning and get ready for a game in 3 days.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No way NFL flexes the Bears-Rams out of the Sunday prime-time spot because of Market Sizes.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

All while Deshaun gets super bowls?

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I actually like Lamar.

I love that he stuck to his guns when teams told him the only way he could play in the NFL is if he moved to WR.

he said no, I’m a QB.

he’s winning games and playing well for what they ask him to do.

my concerns with him is that he runs a lot and he’s maybe better than Vick or atleast on par with Vick as the best ever at the position.

but he’s small..... eventually he’s going to get drilled and injured. If Cam Newton couldn’t sustain that running style of play I have no faith Lamar can.

he has arm strength but his reads are elementary and made because of the defense worried about his legs.

but he is having a very very good year.

with that’s said... really?

watson is so much better than Lamar Jackson. Imo it’s not even close.

Watson on pace for 4800 total yards and 41 Tds

Lamar (prior to this game) 3500 yards and 30 tds.

their is zero comparison.

you can win SuperBowls with Watson and contend for 10+ years.

I’m not sure Lamar will even be in the nfl in 10 years.

plus I’ve seen Watson skill set win SuperBowls. I’ve yet to see a run first mediocre passing QB even sniff a SuperBowl.

Lamar is fun to watch and he has these games we’re the media and fans gush about him but what about the 150 yard passing games he’s has quite often?

Watson is pure he’s a 4000+ yard 30+ td guy with very efficient passing every year that’s rare.

watson by a land slide.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't put him in the same category as Watson. Watson and Mahomes are a class above Jackson, and it is way above his level.

14. Texanstradamus

Nah we play the colts on Thursday night

15. Texanstradamus

Deshaun a better thrower and can move just like him might not be as fast but Watson can extend plays to throw much better

pgabriel likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Jackson is a lot better than Vick as a passer.

It trips me out when people ignore winning for stats. The Ravens schedule is soft but they've beaten two of the top teams.

The goal is winning, not 5k passing yards. He is efficient, you can make him better. Vick needed Andy Reid

His ratimg is 101. You stat watchers dont even understand stats. He isn't Russel Wilson but im reminded of people who doubted he was a top tier qb after two super bowls winning one cause he wasn't throwing for 5k yards

As far as the Cam Newton comparison, Newton relishes contact. Jackson is more like Vick who never broke down from running

#56 pgabriel, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A message for stat watchers

Quarterbacks who are efficient can become better. Throwing interceptions is the red flag in early quarterback play.

Remember way back when, when people thought Brady was just a game manager. Remember when they thought Wilson was just a game manager.

Guys who throw interceptions like Osweiler, tend to tbrow them out of panic, and it seems to go beyond coaching as far as fixing. Osweiler was a head case. Unfortunately it seems Baker Mayfield is a head case also

Jake Tower likes this.
  18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hopefully they can move the Texans Ravens game this weekend to a prime time slot. Should be fun.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/11/steelers-playoffs-nfl-week-10-fmia-peter-king/

Sunday: Baltimore: Texans at Ravens. The first NFL matchup of two of the NFL’s next wave of star quarterbacks—Deshaun Watson, 24, versus Lamar Jackson, 22—very likely won’t be as scintillating as the only previous time they met as starting quarterbacks. Oct. 1, 2016, Louisville (4-0) at Clemson (4-0), seven future NFL first-round picks in the game. Clemson’s Clelin Ferrell sacked Lamar Jackson twice in the game; Louisville’s Jaire Alexander intercepted Deshaun Watson twice. Louisville, behind 457 passing/rushing yards from Jackson, led Clemson 36-28 with 7:30 left in the fourth quarter. In his next two possessions, Watson threw his fourth and fifth TD passes of the game. Clemson won 42-36, on the way to the 2016 national championship. Though Watson won the top two individual quarterback awards in 2016, Jackson beat out second-place Watson for the Heisman Trophy. How interesting would it be—this year or several times in the future—if Watson and Jackson battled for AFC titles and MVP awards?

20. raj87

raj87 Member

Let’s revisit this a year from now. Lamar has only played 16 games.