1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking your stupid big ass truck and backing it in everytime wtf?!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Oct 29, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why do people climb Mt. Everest...?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly most suburbanites don't need 4-wheeled vehicles. You do NOT need all those wheels!!!

74226576_2744399455610102_3897711726249902080_o.jpg

K LoLo, K mf G and Houstunna like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

That tow pin was amazingly strong. Impressive

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Missing a couple of key parts.

[​IMG]

Nook, donkeypunch and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Y'all know damn well a good chunk of people in Houston drive trucks ...just because...
    And don't tell me it's because they can afford it. 7 year loans are on the rise.

On a similar note...why do certain ethnic groups buy trucks and drop it. Isn't one of the benefits of a truck the height?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Never heard of it.

7. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Some people just like the looks. Some people like having a bed to put dirty stuff in.

I work in an office, but drive a truck. Wanted a truck because I would do weekend projects, and they started outgrowing my Honda Fit or Subaru Outback. Especially with two kids, and we can't fold seats flat if we bring them.

Went camping a few weekends ago. All the stuff that the wife made us bring wouldn't have fit if we didn't have the truck.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Speaking of the lanes at a supermarket (30-60 degree type) .. I saw some guy get his Tesla stuck on a landscape island at the end of the parking lot lane trying to come in wrong the wrong way down the lane... I'm not sure why he did it... He like had the entire left mid section of the car land locked with the wheels between the the parking spot and the lane.

I'd have probably helped but too many people behind me and I'm sure he probably didn't really want help. I think he thought he was driving the truck that day... By the time I saw him the damage was done. The low profile design was no match the parking lot island/endcap

Houstunna and Sajan like this.
  9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I know you're just trying to add your 2 cents and be amiable and contribute in a humane way, but that was page 1 or 2 material. We are now at full out war. Either you support truck usage or you don't. You have to declare a side and make the other feel inadequate. Anything else than that can go EAD!

Houstunna, Sajan and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

giphy.gif

K mf G likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Then clearly I wasn't referring to you. You seem like you make use of your truck.

I don't own a truck because
    1. i like to drive a fast/nimble car and trucks are not meant for that.
    2. i don't carry anything in my car, neither am i a handyman. i go to home depot to pick up ac filters or a bag of fertilizer.
    3. they are big and hard to park..especially in these hipster coffee shop parking lots.
    4. gas mileage
    5. they are kinda blah looking. ya the raptor looks mean 10/10 times i would rather own a porsche for the same price
    6. if u you have a truck, people want to borrow it.

Space Ghost likes this.
  12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Tow my boat, get up the beach, haul the kayaks, hunting on the ranch...truck stuff. It's not an oversized truck though, but I do put the MT's to good use as well as it being my daily driver.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I love my big ass truck. Actually, I like it, but I want a bigger 3/4 or 1 ton diesel instead. I make use of it's truck properties, but even if I didn't, I'd still want one. Knowing that it irks some people that I'm out there driving it is just icing on the cake. This thread brings the biggest smile to my face. I'm gonna have to remember to really take my time parking from now on. Really draw it out.........and enjoy every minute of it.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

if its not for work/serious usage , then its compulsive desperation for attention and the best way is to pretend they don't exist, they will lift it , add more chrome and beg for your attention but stick to the plan : act as if you don't see them and the fade will be gone in no time

15. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That goes the same for ricer's with fart cans, those newer raspy x-pipe exhausts, super loud thumping sound systems, low riders, 24" bling rims. The list can go on forever...or you can say..."Hey, it's your money and your car. Do with is as you see fit."

cmoak1982 and Exiled like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Heh. Why do people wreck on the highway? Because it's there, or because they're dumbasses?

Nook likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If you got your wife driving the kids in a small vehicle shame on you. There's too much car bullying in houston for small cars on the streets.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

How about this: Saw a couple probably a decade ago with a stalled truck... the woman was pushing while the dude steered.

19. likestohypeguy

20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Crash test ratings on some of the small ones are just as good as some of the bigger ones.

I drove a Honda Fit for almost 11 years. 5 of those was with a kid.

Still happy I upgraded though.