1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/4/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'll take the W!

Gordon's 3 was still broken but he drove inside the 3 pt line pump faked and got to the line.

The Gordon slam dunk was nice! Nice 3 at top of the key looked crisp - need more of that.

Harden's 3 at last few minutes was sick!

bilaal14, bro2044 and vlaurelio like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden made scoring 40 look bad. This dude playing like **** whole season and averaging over 36 with fg like 30%. Is he even playing for a team anymore?

3. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol poor Jenny Lin fan. Now go log onto you’re other id jw86. Harden had 16 points in the last quarter and carried the teams ass when no one could hit a shot. He hit a huge three to ice it. Go watch jerry in China

#783 Caprah, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah in the 1st half he was a little late on a crowder 3 and he missed salomon hill cutting for a dunk
    https://stats.nba.com/game/0021900093/

all the starters missed or was a little late on their man at least twice in the 1st half as well

Caprah likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im just not a homer with Hardens balls deep down my throat like yall. Amazing he had 16 points quarter against memphis grizzlies. He also put himself in this position to score that much in 4q for rox to win by not playing defense and missing everything before. I hated Kobe game and i hate defense less Kobe game even more. Whats so fun with one guy putting up above 30 isolation plays on 12/28fg with no d, and people say he got out of his slump lol do you really have to be from china to like purity of basketball? Go read my posts about China thing, Harden can **** on your face and you would call it a chocolate. He had 28 last night i guess you are happy with his performance too

6. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol so it was the beards fault that Gordon was sucking for majority of the game or Tucker was sucking and can’t score to save his life or the bench sucked lol ? Dude you Lin fans are out of touch with reality. You clearly didn’t watch the game AGAIN JW86 so stop stat box commentary again.

Tfor3 and vlaurelio like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only Harden gets called out for "only" scoring 28, ridiculous. Every loss is magnified and the standard he is held to is beyond reasonable. Even Lebron and Steph get passes for team.losses, never Harden.

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thabo sucks and Tyson needs to be on load management because hes pushing 40.

Agree on decreasing Tucker's minutes, PJ really should be coming off the bench like EGo.

Houstunna and buffalobills!!! like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I noticed the W.

Would take that over more points and a loss any day.

Tfor3, jcf, vlaurelio and 1 other person like this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Fair but it is because this team relies on hitting dumb shots with no d. Harden has great ability but weak mentality and at this point im affraid it is what it is. Btw Steph an Broń got multiple rings. They were super hated before getting one

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

More beloved than hated. And super teams with rings do not impress me.

Steph with 2 other all stars sucked shyte this season. Steph would die to be doing as well as Harden is THIS season, he got bailed out by a fortunate hand injury because he was being exposed for being the overrated player we've known him to be.

Tfor3, hieuytran, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Steph overrated? You know what happened when KD got injuried vs the full healthy Rockets squad last playoffs? Harden dissappeared and Steph played at all-time level sending us fishing. That's the difference

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that series ended 3:3 you are giving steph too much credit for the job done by the refs
    also remmember draymond trying to poke his eyes repeatedly and klay undercutting him ?

Harden is the goat, its only people unable to form their own opinion and take whatever bs refs and adam silver serve them dont think so

D-rock, Tfor3, jcf and 3 others like this.
  14. vlaurelio

yep trade harden for steph or kd then gsw will at least have same number of years

whil the rockets have glass steph or kd

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, for me both KD and Steph have zero rings
    when they overcome something similar to this to win it all only then ill start counting their rings

D-rock, Tfor3, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

What are you talking about? we lost 4-2 and we couldn't do jack about Steph&Dray pick and roll. Like NONE. They scored every possesion they needed to and I remember in pivotal game 5 Harden wen't like 8 minutes without a shot. How can you call that goat lol.... He played good in g6 scoring 12(with 4 turnovers) in 4q but we still lost... know why? Because Steph scored 23(with no turnovers)

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

truth people here act like harden owes them a ring

even lebron needed 2 other superstars to get his rings
    dwade and bosh
    kyrie and love

D-rock, Tfor3 and Rocket River like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those last two words are the key. We need a star forward big time.

Forwards at the minimum alongside James and Russ = no defense

BaselineFade and jcmoon like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 budyy i am talking about game 1 of that series that the refs stole from harden
    2 with that game counted as a legit rockets win its 3:3 series at the end
    3 do you blame harden for the refs being against him and credit steph for game 1 win?

4 rockets being unable to contain dray and steph pick an roll its a one game sample size..its a definition of luck/aberration and besides that , are we gonna ignore its not hardens fault that he has an inept coach and no star help on defense (and offense btw)
    5 without the refs rigging game 1 its 3:1 rockets lead after 4 games (and 3:3 at the end)

6 harden is the goat because he ALONE, without any stars help(!!) beat a healthy squad of durant steph klay and dray led by kerr in 2018

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at least there were some fun plays in the game. My favorite was the Capela to McLemore to House pass for the basket and the one handed slam dunk by EGO. That dunk was even more enjoyable after watching EGO get blocked over and over trying layups.

Did Christmas come early for Memphis? How about that nice present wrapped in a pretty bow House handed Brooks as he dropped down from the rim after a dunk? That was the quickest 4 pts ever. Oh, and how sweet of Harden to give flopping Crowder a Nutcracker for being a bad boy.

A little fun and a win mixed into a weird night. Its so weird how Capela can get a double double but seem so soft and blah to me. Where's that blocking threat disappeared to? Even House had 3 blocks last night.

Most of Gordon and Rivers' time bored me, but at least James was finally hitting his 3's. Strange how he started hitting his 3's but then missed 5 free throws, after missing only 4 in the first 6 games.

Clemons coming in for a whole 3 minutes and getting nothing but 2 personal fouls didn't help much. Chandler's 7 minutes with 1 rebound and one assist made me yawn. Speaking of 7 minutes, how about Sefalosha? He gets my vote for the man with the most packed into 7 minutes. Drum roll please............... Sefalosha had 3 pts, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and a block in 7 minutes. Yes!!!!!!!!! Go Rockets!!