1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL @ Chef Curry and the Warriors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DrNuegebauer, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Well the good thing about that is hopefully the warriors vs rockets game for Xmas might be cheap AF, anyone down to go to SF for that? Haha

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly why the NBA loses fans and no one wants to pay for tickets. Just look at what the Warriors did this year. They moved to Chase center and priced out all their old season ticket holders. Raised prices on all tickets. Lost Durant, intentionally holding out Klay. Now intentionally holding out Steph. All these people that bought season tickets are wondering what they paid soo much money for. Double the prices for a team that isn’t even competitive and hasn’t won a single game at home... Warriors are gonna have an empty building for a long time...

Mazulis, randerson and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

To be fair, which major American professional team or big time college programs don't do that to a certain extent?

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Do what? Raise the prices and Alienate all your long time season ticket holders the same year they knew they were going to tank? Who else has done that? Some tank, some raise prices but not to this extent.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it really is an extreme case. I was thinking about sneaking into a game (maybe versus the Rox!) and hoping that, since the W's stink to high heaven now, that I could get a decent nosebleed price. Nope. Pretty much everything is $500 (and up, of course). Just... what? Who can drop that on an NBA game, unless you're a tech bro or regularly dining with Mexican industrialists? It's crazy.

Draymond said after the game last night that he wishes the fans would stick with them through bad times, but damn, he should at least acknowledge the pound of flesh Warriors' fans are expected to donate each time they show up at that new arena.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Oakland Raiders?? Actively trying to move the team to LA and Las Vegas and yet went up on their prices.

Miami Dolphins??? A firesale, before the season, look at their ticket prices from 2013, while team has gotten worse.

San Diego/LA Chargers -- Owner moved the team from a mediocre market to prime market, but can't even put 30,000 of their own fans in a soccer stadium. Look at their ticket prices between the last 3 years in San Diego versus LA.

Washington Redskins -- *Facepalm* But, look at their ticket prices versus other teams and increases, yet with rapidly declining fan base.

Oklahoma City Thunder/Seattle Supersonics - 2006 to 2019, much worse than what the Warriors have done in 2019.

Detroit Lions -- No comment.

Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals -- Read what happened from the late 90s until now.

Chicago Bulls -- ROTFL, they broke up one of the greatest sports dynasties in history, because they didn't want to pay them or give them more say in the team. Look at their ticket prices from 1984-2019.

Chicago Cubs - Between the Tribune Company - Ricketts family years.

New York Knicks - *left the chat*

The original Charlotte/New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets -- Read about their history.

Atlanta "Cobb County" Braves -- Hahaha, just look at how that happened and how local commissioners became less "anti-taxes," all of sudden.

Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts -- *has also left the chat* - They moved a whole team to another city overnight with telling, anyone. They were such a bad organization that John Elway threatened not to play in the NFL, if they drafted him. The owner had enough nerve to throw one of its greatest player and arguably the greatest QB ever under the bus. Look at their ticket prices as well.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Notoriously cheap franchise from the day one. Their organization was so bad that they drafted the wrong player.

The "new" Cleveland Browns - *left the chat, re-enter the chat, and left the chat, once Cleveland appeared in the queue.*

LA/ San Diego Clippers - *Atomic bomb drops* Donald Sterling.

Sacramento/Kansas City Kings, Cincinnati/Kansas City Royals - *depressingly left chat*

Atlanta Falcons - Before Arthur Blank bought team and took over, remember the Rankin family. You might be too young or unfamiliar with them. It's ok.

Vancouver Grizzlies - *died in the chat room*

Cleveland Cavaliers - Why do we keep coming back to Cleveland? You don't suck, because LeBron divorced you, twice. Because, you have loosing seasons through the 70s to early 80s, around late 90s to early 2000s and 2010s, back to the basement, after LeBron.

Half of these teams in the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA are anywhere from 20-75+ miles away from their title cities. They charge four arms and six legs for parking. 2 elbows for concessions. And, a quarter of your soul and retirement savings and pension for fan memorabilia and products.

I understand capitalism, and supply and demand, but damn. What the Warriors have done is pretty low on the lolcow-shady scale.

In the midst of all that, some of them can't keep coaches, star players, borderline star players, or GMs. But, continually go up on the prices, while asking for new stadiums and simultaneously threaten to move the team to another county, city, or country.

The Warriors are practically saints, here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We already know what it would look like, curry leaving arena in a wheelchair. Little boy can't carry the load like that.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

In general, I agree.

BUT some people so clearly ask for and deserve it.

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You in the Bay Area, B-bob? If so, I travel there quite a bit (or at least had been).

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yep! Me and the Mrs and the dog live right in the stinky, angry, wonderful middle of SF. Message me if you're going to visit and I would at least have some good recommendations for you. Some of the outlying neighborhoods are really interesting these days, while the tourist areas are worse than ever.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Took my daughter with me on one of my recent trips...she had a good time exploring. Stayed in the Regency down near the Waterfront, and she walked all over, while I spent the day at work (work for Accenture, was in our offices in the Salesforce.com Tower). Then, we'd go do some more exploring and get dinner somewhere at night. On Friday, I took the day off, rented a car, and we drove over the bridge to Muir Woods. She had a really good time.

Will definitely try to let you know next time I'm down in the area!

B-Bob likes this.