1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. JackLordsHair66

Maybe that's been his plan all along ? He seriously looks disinterested and clearly doesn't have much of a plan going into each game other than chucking 3's and not playing defense. practically unwatchable the last several games. Despite barely losing to them, I bet CP3 is enjoying the hell out of this.

jshabang and ak99999 like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Nets are a talented team, but, during the entire second and third quarters, the level of defense being played by both teams was what you would expect in a scrimmage or an all-star game.

#762 DVauthrin, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    ak99999 likes this.
  3. jshabang

jshabang Member

Bro y’all do realize right after we paid Capela And Gordon....... BOTH OF EM BECAME TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are done........ they not gonna get better......... Capela can’t guard the rim anymore........ can’t go up strong anymore and barley rebounds......... all the things that made us pay him he has stopped doing...... Eric Gordon can’t do ANYTHING........ just paid this bum and he can’t shoot not even 20 percent from the field anymore......... THEY ARE BOTH USELESS

4. HP3

HP3 Member

The defense is bad....but when you shoot 20% percent from 3, you are gonna lose most games. Again, its not about you start, its how you finish. Look at the fourth quarter, if they can play defense like that for 4 quarters then we can get a good defense. Or maybe we do have a crap defense, but do you see any key defensive pieces on this team to help Tucker like...AT ALL....do you see them? The most we have is Chandler and he cant stay on the floor cause hes so old.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I’m not surprised at this loss at all. On the road, nets coming into tonight the number 3 scoring team. I had hoped rockets shooting slump was going to be over after last game though. I guess not.

amaru, BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This reminds me of the start of last season. We started awful and played terrible in defense until the end of November. We then improved and started looking like a championship team. The only difference is we're getting close wins.

I wouldn't go into panic mode just yet, because we're obviously going to improve our 3pt shot and our defense. There's no way it stays that bad for the rest of the season. But what we're realising is MDA cannot play any defense and has no other gameplan besides shoot the 3pt until it goes in. If we had a coach with some basketball intelligence, we would be in much better shape.

JazzLakerHater likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's one of the things I was cautious about playing at a much faster pace for this team. what's the point of playing faster if you're not going to take advantage of the opportunity easy buckets. instead we're playing fast just to shoot more 3's on 3 on 2 fastbreaks??. again, I can't stand that kind of basketball. that's the extreme high and lows that leaves a team in such question.

WestendMassive likes this.
  8. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Still waiting on the Harden vs the world offense to win a championship...

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Eric Gordon needs to fire his trainer because whatever they were practicing this summer isn’t working

amaru likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah.

The only problem with Tyson and Thabo, who are also big defense first guys, is they don't play enough. They both play spot minutes and sometimes don't even play a game.

We need another guy that is there night in, night out, stressing it and pushing everyone to get better.

House, maybe he's that 2-3 seasons from now, not right now though and his defense still needs a lot more seasoning before he's a bonafide defensive wing.

YOLO likes this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Got up at 7am on a weekend to watch this game...disappointed that the Rockets can’t at least give the effort they give in the 4th for an entire game. At some point I’d assume it feels better to play while leading instead of trying to come back all the time.

The positive is that I think we started that crazy 17-18 season at 3-2 with the team looking a bit disjointed as well, so it’s not unprecedented for something awesome to happen. Not saying it will..but I’m hoping.

Our guys have GOT to shoot better though. No excuses.

BamBam likes this.
  12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ll tell you what......that upcoming game vs the worriers is gonna be an instant classic!!!
    I just hope MDA and the gang can pull out the W.

amaru likes this.
  13. realonemo

realonemo Member

Mike Brown got fired in like 5 games and Mchale 11 games. Anything is possible.

amaru likes this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

i wanna punch this guy in the face

Dopamine, jboslett and amaru like this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fell asleep at the beginning of the game and woke up in the fourth. All I can say is the Rockets can't hit the side of a barn and can't defend at all. Did they do anything well?

amaru and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, its flat out stupid to think its a good idea to fire a coach in the middle of a season. I dont know how its Dantoni's fault guys cant make open shots.

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

If we lose to this current Warriors team, MDA should get fired on the spot. We shouldn't even concede more than 90 points to them. They have no Durant, Curry and Thompson.

juanm34 and amaru like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Didn’t Blatt get fired when his team had the best record in the conference? Lmao

19. amaru

amaru Member

Yea that would be dumb. Good thing we are only 5 games in.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This is why he should have went in the summer. But now we're stuck with him till probably our season is done.

amaru likes this.