1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry Rockets Fans, Your Team Is Not Going To Do Much--richard jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

He don't got no crystal ball. He should just come out and say that first before he starts doubting teams.

I don't feel great about the defense either. But dude, this team has looked pretty good.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

more clicks this way... their takes are obviously scripted

@tinman am i doin it right?

3. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Predicting one of 30 teams is not going to win a championship is like predicting a coin toss is not going to go heads 5x in a row.

Sure its smart insofar as its not dumb and Bayesianly fundamental but its hardly noteworthy in terms of forecasting acuity.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Love how Rachel used facts and RJ immediately strawmanned his argument. **** outta here

Houstunna and BaselineFade like this.
  6. txn

txn Member

I am afraid that he is right on this. With the defense we played lately, you are not going to make noise in the playoff. With the talent we have on this team, we are definitely capable of playing good D. They said Elston Turner is a great defensive coach, I just don’t see it so far.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

RJ as an analyst is the worst. ESPN just gave him a contract so get used to this stuff. He doesn't even try.

slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He aggressively dislikes the Rockets and I don't understand why.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Parsons denied his advances back in the day

Houstunna, smp and JayGoogle like this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Well he is right with this defense you ain't winning ****, it's still early to tell. But as usual Richard Jefferson is a little b**** and didnt provide a valid argument when Rachel threw the cavs situation back in 2017.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Bingo!!!

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He has a right to his opinion. If we play like we are now in the playoffs then of course we are not going to win anything. It is however the first week of the season. His opinion may change later.

DreamQuake likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Top 10 last season after the All Star break

hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

With all due respect, I cannot take serious the opinions of a man that cannot be honest about his own sexuality to himself and others.

If he cannot even come to conclusions about something so basic, then he sure as hell cannot provide any meaningful insight on other issues.

Jefferson is also the only player I know that played shittier under Popovich. They honored their promise but wanted him gone.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Not the language I would use. As of a few years ago he was still trying to convince himself he was heterosexual and dating women but never having sexual relations if you are to believe what was being passed around the league.

I do not care if he is a homosexual or heterosexual or bisexual. However it is hard to value the sincerity and opinions of a 40 year old man that doesn’t even acknowledge and accept what he is.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. bongman

bongman Member

We picked and traded him during draft day?

17. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Richard Jefferson with a naked female in front of him...not going to be able to do much.

RichieBanks likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yikes. This thread got nasty fast. I don’t agree with him either, but it’s pretty lame to attack his character and lob fifth grade insults at him rather than disputing what he is saying. America in 2019, indeed.

19. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Sad reality is this is the worst defense I’ve seen in the last decade. I don’t knowing it’s MDA in his attempt to speed the game up or what, but this defense won’t cut it. And it’s nit like we don’t have guys that can play defense in CC, Gordon, RW, and Tucker.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Steps to fix the Rockets:

1) Sign Melo

1a) Make Jeff B. an offer he cant refuse and ask him if he would like to make any changes to our current roster.

2) Fire Melo

3) Confirm hiring of Jeff B.

4) Prosper

hakeem94 likes this.