1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Gonna be a fun offseason, Bye Cole...

lw17 likes this.
  2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

True but there losing some key players which will make it that much harder. Yes...loss still stings but what can you do ‍♂️ But move on

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Astros are still going to be a really good team next season. They just picked a bad time to not hit with runners in scoring position at home. An offense with Springer, Altuve, Brantley, Bregman, Alvarez, Gurriel and Correa is going to be just fine.

As for Verlander, you must be kidding? The man had an ERA below three and a whip below one. His only kryptonite is that he becomes human in the World Series for whatever reason. But there are 29 other teams that would love to have him at the top of their rotations. The Astros’ offense gave the pitching staff no margin for error in any of the home games versus the Yankees and the Nationals, and the staff couldn’t be otherworldly in both series to cover for it.

smp and Sajan like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Poor Harris! He deserved better.

5. JazzLakerHater

During this 3 year run, it the “worst team” (‘17) that was the one that won the whole damn thing. Baseball can be so stupid sometimes. Also gives me hope for next year even if/when we lose Cole.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Don't be a shitty fan. Yeah, this sucks bad but it is what it is. They'll be back

raining threes and Sajan like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Hinch yanking Greinke deserves to be criticized. You can blame the lack of offense or the bullpen not getting it done, but if there was a single move you can point to that changed the momentum in G7, that was it. I wish there was a Surrender Index in baseball, because man that would be close to the top.

jklb, DaDakota, lw17 and 2 others like this.
  9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Baseball was kind to me in 2017, so I can't fault it for being kind to another fan base that had suffered a long time as well. Grats to them.

On to the offseason.

RayRay10, raining threes and Sajan like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder if he's pissed he didn't get to pitch.

It has to sting to watch the team give up a lead after Hinch throws in every other reliever ahead of you.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

fk tht . he fkin choked. I dont feel bad for anyone choking

youknowme likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I wanted us to win bad but so happy for the 2017 year knocking off - Boston - NYY - LAD and this season NYY, hahah, that made me feel good, really wanted to win but **** happens.

Nats got hot at the right time, a little luck in the other series but they did it, that's baseball.

smp likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

dude you dont fkin get it. If you were at the game then you would have known he ready to pitch. HINCH FKD THIS UP

lw17 and jcee15 like this.
  14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. The guy’s not even leaving the door ajar.

lw17 and Sajan like this.
  15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So this cements at the Giants as the franchise of the decade (2010-2019) then, right?

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

They played better than us...so yes, I am disappointed that we lost but hats off to them.

I am looking forward to doing this all over again next October. This is not the end of the road of this team. There's another 2-3 years left. I hope.

RayRay10 and CCity Zero like this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Astros still have a window, just need to capitalize on it and win another series

18. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

See ya Cole

lw17 likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's so hard to win a World Series. I re-watched the highlights from the 2017 series and we were on the ropes several times. It took us some clutch hitting to respond. Obviously, game 7 was all us but, before that, we were the ones coming up with the clutch hits to respond when we were down...unlike this series.

Sajan likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Only a true fan can truly hate his team for failing. Love/hate is same level **** bro. Saying “Get em next year, still love my special little team!!!” 2 minutes after what should be a soul crushing loss is closer to indifference or not giving a **** than it is to being a passionate fan. Do you permanently hate Hinch or Verlander or Bregman or the entire team? Of course not. But you might for a few hours and that’s ok. Me, I’m a little different. I will hate the Astros until January or so, and then I will start to come around slowly but very slowly. By April I will be ready to embrace them but if they start out ****ing losing then **** that bullshit!

Cant you tell how much I love My Astros???

WELL???

what?

stop looking at me like that!

lw17 likes this.