1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to the Manimal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DuuMaCuaMay, Oct 20, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Everyone here is harping about Fared’s rebounding when the reason he’s not signed is his defense. He was horrible on that end and can’t protect the rim so he’s Ryan Anderson without a jump shot

Blurr#7 and D-rock like this.
  2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

• First, Caplea didn’t average 8 RPG. He averaged 12.7
    • Second, his Defensive rebounding rate is more important here and it was 27.6%, which was down from 30.8% the year before. Capela needs to get back to that level.
    • Third, I agree that rebounding was one of the top reasons we lost. Maybe top but it DEFENSIVE rebounding that killed us.

RudyTBag and don grahamleone like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sure he did. He played limited minutes because he wasn’t moving the boards needle at all. That 3 defensive rebounds a game wasn’t worth putting up with all of his negatives. He’s a terrible defender. Not worth it. Coach MDmA agreed.

YOLO likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think I understand now. Brodie Likes to pick n roll with active bigs not shooters Harden can do both. But its not just that he is a solid rebounder. we need Faried on this team with Russel. to maximize his strengths,plus someone has to matchup with Montrezz or our bigs are going to get beat

D-rock likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think he suits us, but MDA seems does not like him, maybe he dont defence just grab rebounds and score, but I think it is enough.

7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

maybe Houston does not have money to sign him

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Faried can rebound, better than Ryno. In Ryno's 2 seasons with Rockets he averaged just under 5 boards while Faried averaged over 8 rebounds.

And Faried is easily the better fit with Westbrook. Faried will rim run, rim protect and work for lobs all day.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Yeah sign me up for Faried as a backup 5 over Thabo

charlieaustin and D-rock like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I also liked Faried’s fit here.
    But the fact that he’s not back on the roster means he probably won’t be at all this season so let’s just move on.

D-rock likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Your comment got alot of likes but its pretty stupid to think theres a guy who is great in the pick and roll with harden and can run up and down the floor well and has size but we cant sign him because no one else has. Lets just keep trotting out PJ Tucker at center thatll work. wonder why we keept losing leads.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

When did Faried start protecting the rim? Westbrook needs shooters around him, not rebounders.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Faried averaged almost 1 block a game (0.8) compared to Anderson who averaged .25 a game with Rockets.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can you link Ryno climbing the ladder slam highlights please. Thanks.

15. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

China? $20 million! No less!

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He had a falling out with D'antoni because he couldn't get minutes in the playoffs because he can't shoot or defend (basically same as Ryno except Ryno might be able to shoot in the regular season if D'antoni ever plays him)

Now Faried has realized no other team in the league wants him and it was the Rockets who were doing him a favor by signing him.

I guess he can always play in China, he'd probably dominate there since he's so athletic. Honestly, he should be our small ball center, not PJ Tucker. Then again, Faried is a devout Muslim and I doubt he would enjoy playing in China.

D-rock, Crashlanded19 and Von Rafer like this.
  17. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I'm with you on the defense but he shot 58.7% from the field with 35% from three. I really liked his energy but if you can't switch on D you can't make it on our team.

D-rock and Crashlanded19 like this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's not good. Nobody wants him.

The game is about more than catching passes and dunking. The Rockets were 8th in scoring last year. Better than the NBA Champion Raptors.

We need people that can actually play a good, complete game of all-around basketball, not more niche guys that only somehow fit in here and can only be used as a gimmick.

Guys like Faried usually figuratively vanish with the stakes get high in the playoffs, but in Faried's case, he went a step further and did it literally.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How is that different from the role guys we currently have. You say guys like manimal but we never gave manimal a chance so you dont know that. MDA is good for introducing guys into the system they look good then he axes them. You have other guys who he'll ride with all year who never derserved to be here in the first place.

charlieaustin likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The NBA game changed - if he could shoot the 3ball he would be 20m+ a year.

DD