1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 27, 2019.

?

What is up with Harden's bad body language?

1. Referees not giving him his usual FTs and calling him for offensive fouls

62 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Shooting slump

71 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Feeling like he's owed free throws

24 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Adjusting to new defensive schemes

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Adjusting to new offense / faster pace

27 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. It's always been there, just magnified due to bad shooting

34 vote(s)
    19.9%
  7. Not ready for the start of the season mentally

17 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Thought he or the team could coast through first few weeks

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  9. What bad body language, he's still putting in work (sarcastic)

7 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. No seriously, he's fine.

43 vote(s)
    25.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Refs have made some bad calls, but I dont think that has anything to do with it.

His shot isnt falling and he's feeling bad about it and it shows. He gets frustrated and then the dumb takes over.

Harden is going to get calls his way, but he needs to get out of the habit of looking for them as much as he does and just play ball.

No one said anything about his weight in pre season either. The refs didn't just all of a sudden start Harden hunting. Difference is, in pre season he was feeling good because his shot was falling now that it isnt he's feeling sorry for himself.

He needs to man up and keep playing hard and learn to be relentless even when his threes arent on target. That's all.

topfive, DreamShook and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

yeah we hope so but harden never runs the floor so I doubt that he will change much. When Tillman said that harden and Westbrook can argue with each other and no feelings will get hurt that told me something happen with harden and Paul and with the type of guy Tillman is if this doesn’t work and harden doesn’t up his play in the playoffs I can see him being traded.

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If he's struggling & not in shape, he needs to let WB control more of the game and pick & choose his spots better. Even if WB is off he does so many things we still have a chance. When Harden's off he just doesn't compete hard. MDA needs to let WB start the game handling the ball to set the tone

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I think he’s out of shape + out of rhythm playing that fast and not dribbling for 18 seconds every other possession.

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lol no he’s not. This is the typical poster here.

Elephant810 and tinman like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not one person said bcuz of Westbrook.

For the first time in hardens time here in Houston it looks like he isn’t the best player on the team at this moment RIGHT NOW.

Maybe just maybe
    Westbrook = Alpha

And harden adjusting to that right now.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's just so pig headed that he needs to be the one to score. he knows that he can break out of a slump at any time and its true...but when you see him dribble into double teams and turn it over, dribble into a good defense and then turn it over you know he has issues......if russ did the same thing he'd be crucified....its why ppl don't like playing with harden...he's so fixated on being the MVP, catching kobe and Jordan five years from now that he plays like **** and the whole team suffers.....

did you see that ****ing turnover at the end of the game when russ was running up the floor, but he didn't pass it to him and instead dribbles into a double team and turns the ****ing ball over and they scored? why? you've been off the whole game? he still wants to hit the big shot so he doesn't look bad....he wasn't even happy that we won, he was just pissed that he looked bad....

he's thinking about what the press will say after the game and fans like us.... who ****ing cares? we trying to win the ball game...give the ****ing ball up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Literally nothing to do with it lol.

This will always be Harden's team...he's only missing his jumper, which will be fine once he's adjusted to the pace and he gets his legs back. People love to look too deep into very simple things.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Feels like Harden does this at the start of every season..... He’ll work his way out of it eventually but it would be nice if it started next game..........

RayRay10 and DreamShook like this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

Dude has a pelvic tilt

11. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol the preseason was just a week ago where he dominated, now he’s in a shooting slump and he’s out of shape. That quickly

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Preseason mode. He will be his normal self in a few weeks.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This is far from a perfect comparison, but watching Harden/Russ together reminded me a bit of when LeBron and Wade first started together. Obviously the circumstances and their positions were vastly different, but both pairs were friends with some overlap in skillsets, and both were used to high USG rates prior to teaming up.

LeBron and Harden were the more gifted/efficient ones of the two, but also knocked by the public for their "hunger," while Wade/Russ were the older, less fazed ones (but had more wear/tear on their bodies).

Both Wade (then) and Westbrook had one mode -- and that was go-mode, which made the adjustment less difficult for them. Both LeBron (then) and Harden now are more prone to over-thinking/analyzing, so the adjustment may take some more time.

But like with Miami, Westbrook needs to let Harden be #1, instead of doing the 1a/1b thing that didn't work for LeBron/Wade in their first finals vs Dallas -- as Bron took a step back when the roles weren't clearly defined. But once Bron became comfortable in that #1 spot, the rest became history, and having Wade there definitely helped teach him how to win. Hopefully the same happens with Harden/Russ.

[edit] I will say LeBron developed a strong off-ball game in Miami, which helped him a lot, and it's hard to see Harden doing the same. But with Harden's shooting ability, all is not lost.

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He always starts slow. This year, we have Russ versus a gimpy and over the hill CP3 to take up the slack.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with your assessment of the Russ/Harden pairing except I think Russ is actually letting Harden be a #1 until he has no choice but to put the team on his shoulders when Harden is struggling. If you notice Russ waits until Harden is sitting or the 4th to open the ninth gate.

The biggest runs last night against the Pels came when Harden was sitting and in the 4th.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The level of knee jerk going on around here after 2 games is vomit inducing.

topfive, Richie_Rich and HP3 like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’m not worried about Harden. But last night was an embarrassing performance. Can’t have any of those against legitimate teams.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Need more poll options.

juanm34 likes this.
  19. dejamike

dejamike Member

I have no problem Harden being Harden (offensively). I just don’t understand as a professional (in any profession), if something is not working well in the time being, why not try a different strategy? As talented as he is, he should easily find another way to score instead of of going 2-18 in 3s, you would have thought somewhere 2-12, he would be like “hmmm, I don’t have my 3 point shot tonight, let me try something else.”...... but no.

Red Nation RGV and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

shooters gonna shoot

Mathloom likes this.