1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank God we got Westbrook! I’m so f---ing glad we got Westbrook!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Oct 27, 2019.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A win is a win

jcmoon likes this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

His energy and demeanor on the court is ****ing awesome and you gotta love it. No matter how much we hated him in the past, he always had the "I am going to war" mentality.

RudyTBag, D-rock, Y2JT and 4 others like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

there's a reason he was generally beloved by guys who have played with him and OKC fans

Vivi, CCity Zero, Highlyrated and 3 others like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I guess i didn't have the same reaction everyone else seems to have from watching the Pels game. To me, it was very concerning. This comment is less about Wesbrook (who proved he's still a guy that can put a team on his back and dominate). We are clearly getting what we thought we were getting: a dominant passer, rebounder and penetrator who gets to the rim and plays harder than everyone else on the court.

But the our of defense was just down right scary, as is our lack of size. I still think we have a long way to go to integrate Wesbrook's skill-set into our system. At times we are still relegating him to a jumpshooter and that is exactly what we want to avoid. The good news is that we are only 2-games in and we have time to work this out. But for this to truly work it can't just be that Brodie and James switch off being effective. We need them both playing at a high level together. Coach needs to get a lot more creative about how he is using Wesbrook. So far i see the same ole' system and we are just asking Wesbrook to fit his game into it. I want to see a more innovative approach that utilizes Wesbrook's skills.

Anyway, i'm not trying to pour cold water on anything. Russ certainly had a great night. But i get scared when our tallest guy on the court is 6'6"; that happens a lot.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes the only hope i have for tc and the lower bowl

ryano2009 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but the tallest guy being 6'6 aint WB's fault. thats on Morey and MDA

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Westbrook is so far our best player and even a leader who just wants it more than Harden. Harden is a beta and needed an alpha he respects, Westbrook might be that guy. I don't think Westbrook is even concerned about Harden not having it two nights, he just does what needs to be done to win. I hope he keeps that attitude every single game and Harden finds a way to learn from it. I also hope Westbrook will not take a backseat on nights when Harden is feeling it. Westbrook with the ball in his hands or Harden trying to create with Westbrook ready to go when they're sharing the court should ultimately be unguardable if Harden dedicates himself to making fast decisions, not run out the clock so much and just play the team game and not the me game.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Interesting inquisition even Klay would be out for most of not all this season. But with the way Harden has carried this team through the seasons, he is definitely worth loyalty. He is preserving himself for the Playoffs. Pacing himself carefully it seems.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

good point breh. beard for donkey and the angelo.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Cp was a leader for this team though? It’s like you guys forget we had 65 wins and went to 7 against the stacked Warriors only 2 years ago.

Vivi, YOLO, YaoMing#1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

We were also without Harden. Just saying.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Remember all the playoff games where Harden disappeared, this is where I expect Westbrook to take over...

Highlyrated, smp, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking and Air Yordan like this.
  14. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

A win is a WIn, Suns beat clippers, Heat beat Bucks, lot of teams Defense has been trash so far

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

16. junk151

junk151 Member

And the Clippers lost to the Suns.

The Bucks lost to the Heat who didn’t have Butler, Waiters and Johnson.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. dejamike

dejamike Member

averaging a triple double each of the past three season is not an accident, even if he was stealing couple of rebounds from his OKC teammates. His rebounding ability is amazing because of his aggressiveness, he is so damn focused on the ball coming off a missed shot, that’s why he might have not seen his teammates.

D-rock likes this.
  18. dejamike

dejamike Member

Yea..... that is my only concern so far.....

fryjol7, fattz and Bo6 like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Suns 2019-2020 NBA champs. Why do we even need to play out the season?

Also, Suns didn't have Ayton.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if we don't have WB we get blown out by the bucks and lose this game.

he was EXACTLY what we needed. he gives us buckets/looks/assists in a completely different way than what Cp3 did and his energy is clearly contagious (even harden is hustling up the court at times!!)

Red Nation RGV, smp and hakeem94 like this.