1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook's shot selection this game is exactly how it should be from now on.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Oct 26, 2019.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If he continues to look to set others up first and minimize his chucking nature, I’ll happily keep that energy all season. He’s been much better than I expected so far.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Harden man

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I feel ya!.. But you know a typical WB game is coming... But you know he's gonna with it in other areas...

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hardens gonna have to nut up and play at WBs pace

BasketMAD and icewill36 like this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

High pace is Morey ball

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Every player has off nights. I’m not down on Eric Gordon or James Harden because they are shooting like crap so far this season, nor do I expect Danuel House to shoot like he did tonight every game.

If the energy and effort is there every game, that’s all I ask.

javal_lon likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden should follow that example when 6 guys on the team are shooting better than him.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I dunno. All I know is he plays great and is the MVP that we know he could be. Great great game for Westbrook when harden sucked. His vision was great, rebounding, hustling and attacking.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m with you on that.

With that said

I think this Russ is sustainable. He’s never in his entire career had this kind of space and shooting around him. This is going to be so easy for him to continue playing this way.

Now is he going to hit 55% shooting every night? Doubt it.

But the style and way he’s playing isn’t some fluke it’ll be like this all year imo.

This team and MDA offense is tailored made for his drive and kick plus finishing at the rim.

If he was a better 3 point shooter I’d have him as the odds on fav for mvp because these 25 10 and 10 games will be on the regular I won’t be surprised if it’s what he ends up avg the whole season.

javal_lon and Mr. Clutch like this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He's not back to banging the Kardashians, is he? Those women might as well come equipped with bat wings, smelling of brimstone.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

James continue to warp Morey ball to suit him and the personnel which is fine when it is humming. The analytics supports this.

When it is not working, James should be cognizant and adapt within the game.

What I saw from Russ today was recognition on his limitations as a shooter within the Rockets' system and adapted the system to his strengths.

Hence my comment :)

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

His shot selection has been on point. His playmaking ability is absolutely off the chart. Our defense is horrible though, don't know if it'll get better.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I know it kinda feels like hes down ,im thinking he probably broke up with his girl or something because he seems off .