1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 10/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There you are, right on cue.

2. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

The Rockets coach is still average at best

BasketMAD, raining threes and amaru like this.
  3. realonemo

realonemo Member

James looks way off and it's not just the shot either. He looks like he is playing on heavy legs. Not the same burst I'm used to seeing from him. Also his defense has been disappointing these first 2 games. He is loosing his man far too often while he is caught ball watching.

4. realonemo

realonemo Member

I hate these type of stupid comments but there is some truth here. Just go back to the clippers series from 15 ...he kinda checked out after game 3.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We NEED some length at SF and/or PF on this roster. I know it’s old news but it makes the game harder not having one. A player like that helps on D and can get easy baskets around the paint when 3s not falling.

Harden has to find his stroke soon, it’s a real problem these first 2 games. Westbrook did his thing tonight. Continue building that rhythm with the team and he will be just fine.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's a 6'7 defensive oriented SF/PF named Gary Clark on the Rockets bench and he fits exactly that need, too bad he won't see the court again because he couldn't make some shots in preaseason...

8. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

While you guys complain about Harden, Daniel House has been balling. Played great today. Also I think Dave Joerger would be an excellent MDA replacement.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

God man, its like a lot of you just forget whats happend the past few seasons its incredible. The stupid reactions from a 2 game sample size, jesus, youd think some people would learn by now.

Fire Dantoni, James Harden Sucks....haha oh my god.

don grahamleone, jcf, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clark is 6'6 with 6'10 wingspan. Disappears too often, on offense and defense.

Rather sign Lance Thomas who is better 3 point shooter, beast on D - 6'8 with 7'3 wingspan plus he is a vet so D'Antoni will trust better.

And CFers on game threads are the whiniest b****es I've ever seen. Quitters and Benedict Arnolds galore.

Remlap and HP3 like this.
  11. jboslett

jboslett Member

Clark is not a good basketball player.

ak99999 likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

First 2 games:

1- offense is there, defense is ****.
    2- wb playing well.

ak99999 likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody can tell James anything and our coach does nothing about that BS. I get sick of people defending him taking 18 3's when he is cold as ice. Sure, when he is on fire it's all good, and I am all for it. The problem is that he never learns to feed the guys who are shooting better, for the good of the team. I don't care if he has a bad night, as long as he still doesn't ball hog the shots.

You have an ego problem when you have to score the most points at all cost. When 4 of your teammates are 9 of 15 from the arc there is no excuse for going 2 of 18.
    There is also no excuse for only getting 5 assists when 6 of your teammates are shooting better than you. The final BS flag of just lazy slop effort is 8 turnovers.

Will he ever change? Will MDA? As brilliant as they can both be so many nights, they don't change their worst habits, which CAN get better. That is what is so dang frustrating.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Hmmmm I’m not sure if Clark is quite ready to be what we need. I get the measurables, but his game is not there yet. I hope we can find one soon. I think it would make a big difference out there. I just want some balance to all the 3s.

D-rock likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah but he was preseason MVP

Can't win em all

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rocketeer4Life

I can't believe that Westbrook is making Harden look so bad this season thus far

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Seeing someone with a non-stop motor play next to him all season long is going to have that effect...

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets playing at a faster pace must be affecting Hardens shots. He is soo use to just walking up and down the court that all these extra possessions probably giving him heavy legs.

jcmoon, jboslett, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.