1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like to think people would be more forgiving if he flat out apologized and said he got too drilunk off the excitement and said things that were unprofessional.

They both made it personal, and he didn't realize he had more to lose.

Not smart...

After his firing, just want this issue to die, but the mob smells blood and wants more heads to roll down the Aztec pyramids.

Ofc people want Luhnow to go. He's the man behind the Juggernaut. Just an excuse to expose their knives.

fiersdownbelow and UTSA2step like this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Final game of the World Series could be game 4.

3. AstrosRockets1818

She is an ugly ginger with no soul. Hope she is no longer allowed near the Astros.

4. AstrosRockets1818

I still want to know the words he used that demonstrated he was talking about domestic violence. What was the exact statement?

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... but that wasn't the "initial" response. The initial response was a really bad/false statement issued by the team... likely based on a lie from Taubman... that merely escalated this situation further.

It was personal to begin with... but I don't see where they made it 'more' personal after the initial report, as your post suggests. If the team entrusted Taubman to be honest with them and believed his account of what actually happened (and thus put out that statement), then its pretty clear/cut why he was fired. THAT (lying, covering up, eventually causing more collateral damage to the team/franchise) would get anybody fired, regardless of their initial transgression.

raining threes and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You’re pathetic trash. You look in the mirror and the thing breaks

welcome to the club I call, the ignore list

Major and topfive like this.
  7. prospecthugger

If you don't understand how domestic violence plays into this by now, I'm not sure you ever will. Everyone knows who Roberto Osuna is. Everyone knows what he was accused of. Everyone knows why many journalists wrote negatively about the Astros following the trade. For Taubman to taunt the female reporters by shouting about him at them, he's invoking that history. If he didn't know that was how his comments would come across, he's not as smart as the Astros claim he is.

rpr52121, Joe Joe and SWTsig like this.
  8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Astros look bad in this. As a woman, hell, as a human, Footer sure af is allowed to express her frustration over the Astros trading for a known domestic abuser. If you think otherwise than you’re part of the problem.

But to exasperate the situation by wrongly claiming that the story was completely fabricated and then completely botching the “apology” by taking almost no accountability, showing no remorse, by generally acting like assholes? Be f*cking better, Astros.

Nook, REEKO_HTOWN, rpr52121 and 3 others like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

What was the exact statement that demonstrated Footer was taunting the Astros? What is so bad about tweeting a Domestic Violence hotline #? Are you against people knowing that number? Why?

#589 Major, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  10. Major

Major Member

Osuna didn't lie to his employer. Generally, that's a fireable offense - even moreso when you're a generic and easily replaceable employee. Taubman and Osuna have nothing to do with each other.

Nook likes this.
  11. raining threes

Feelings> Free Speech

#METOO

fiersdownbelow and cardpire like this.
  12. raining threes

Way to deflect from the point of his post.

Good job, spoken just like a lawyer.

13. Major

Major Member

Actually, I'm demonstrating the fundamental flaw in his post. He's complaining about the very thing he's engaging in.

14. raining threes

This I can agree with.

But free speech is dead.

15. raining threes

Again, tell me exactly what's wrong with the statement of

I'm so glad Osuna's on this team? Yes he yelled this to reporters that happened to be females. But remember how loud the clubhouse was at the time.

BTW, I agree with him. I'm so glad Osuna is on this team. Fire me.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

Tell me what the problem is with tweeting out a domestic hotline #?

Did I miss something? Did the government prevent Taubman from saying anything? Was there a time when people were allowed to say anything they wanted with no consequences from the public or their employers?

Nook, prospecthugger and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually don't.

I think it was a tad tone deaf and maybe a bit strong but I don't think it was from arrogance.

I think it was premature and they were leaning on the story presented to them from in house employees.

I think they are far to smart to think this would go away they were just trying to back an employee.

That's just my opinion.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's how I saw it.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Do you really not understand what he did wrong?

It isn't the statement...

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What can she be sue them about?