1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin predicts Houston won’t even make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cerophilik, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

"Nook predicts that Colin's own mother knows he is a douchebag"

BigDog63 likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

And we should care what Colin says because?

Sports commentators and weather reporters...you just take what they say with a grain of salt. Their predictions are good for about 24 hours.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Westbrook could be the worst nightmare any of us ever expected and we would still make the playoffs as long as Harden plays.

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

If the Rockets don't make the Playoffs, blame a foreign country. Got it.

5. txn

txn Member

Colins show will become #1 sports show in China, because he hates Rockets :)

6. alethios

alethios Member

Another bandwagoning talking head bandwagoning. It takes very little balls to hate on the Rockets these days.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think harden playing himself vs 5 throughout the season can finish as the 8th seed.

Reeko and clos4life like this.
  8. plee

plee Member

Stop worrying about "predictions", if someone would track at the end of the year these I would be it would 80% wrong! Why we play the games.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's just a prediction. He could be right, or he could be wrong. But, he has succeeded in getting people in Houston talking about Colin Cowherd. Which was the purpose of the prediction all along.

By the way. If the Rockets beat the Bucks on Thursday, then Colin will probably be predicting the Rockets to win it all.

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This guy is the National Inquirer of sports reporters

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You don't know Colin.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Remember the 2012 OKC team that lost in the NBA Finals in 5 games? Now take Kevin Durant off that team. Not that great, right? I could envision Houston not making the playoffs but I could envision any teams outside of the Clippers to miss the playoffs. Darkhorses like CP3OKC, Dallas, and Minnesota may mess up a lot of teams' plans.

13. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Colin predicted Lebron and Lakers an elite team in 2018/19.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Whenever these talking heads make these outrageous proclamations, I ask if they'd like to make a friendly wager on it.

None of them ever take me up on it. They don't want their bloviations from the past being brought up in the future.

Did you know Cowherd is I think the highest paid sports bloviator out there? Now THAT is SMH worthy.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

At least he is consistent with his hate for WB. A lot of these other media personalities turn on a dime and act like they were always right all along.

17. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

So Lebron didn't make the playoffs last year and they added AD. The same AD who he (Colin) just got through saying "he didn't make the playoffs in New Orleans" and he has the Lakers finishing 5th? Interesting take.

Like others have said - Harden hasn't missed the playoffs and even in his first year took a much worse team into the playoffs. So yeah, Dallas, San Antonio, Portland, Lakers all finishing ahead of us.... :rolleyes:o_O

18. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Show me how much money he put in them not making the playoffs and I might have some interest in taking some of it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Colin be Trolin'.

20. likestohypeguy

LeBron is google, James Harden is Netscape. Okay? LeBron is google. Idk about you but give me google (looks at Joy, chuckles). I mean where's Netscape these days? Where is Netscape?! Google's everywhere; google is everything. Total domination. Give me that. James harden hasn't won anything. (Ten second pause). Idk I like LeBron, I like google, am I crazy? (sarcastic shrug) I like total domination, I don't know.

Joy with the news.

JW86 likes this.