1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Profiteering G-7 Summit To Be Held At Trump's Miami Golf Resort

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Do You support Trump funnelling events to his properties to make money?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    97.6%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What government events has he funneled to his properties? Foreign dignitaries can stay where they please.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He often visits and works at his own properties, bringing staff and security with him. He calls Mar-a-Lago the Winter White House. He meets with officials in his own government and in foreign governments as well at his private properties. And these foreign leaders bring their staff and security to those meetings too. Besides that domestic (like Mike Pence) and foreign (like MBS) leaders have been encouraged to go to his places even when he's not around.

But, that's beside the point anyway. Even if none of the innumerable emoluments and conflicts of interest scandals hadn't already happened, this arrangement was still self-dealing. He proposes to be a vendor responding to an RFP in which he himself is also the decision-maker. If he were any government official aside from the President, it would be illegal. No professionally-run corporation would tolerate it either. I'm sure your local neighborhood association even would get suspicious if its president said the next meeting be held at his own restaurant. It's pretty textbook business ethics.

RayRay10, joshuaao and Deckard like this.
  3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I imagine they'd be pleased to stay at the properties owned by the most powerful man in the world as a way to sway favor. This is perhaps the simplest concept of all the simple concepts you claim to not be able to grasp.

Oh, and Trump just called the Emoluments Clause "phony" today.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thats their choice

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Nothing gets by you. Well, except just about everything.

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no stay no favor

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you think Trump gave away national secrets for a few hotel stays?

What went by me?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So moving goal posts from favors to national secrets now?

Rocket River and Andre0087 like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Goal posts remain at who gives a flop about some dignitaries deciding to stay at his hotel

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think so, RR. I think 30 years from now, trump will be looked at far, far worse by historians of the period than he is today. People studying about it at school will wonder how in the hell the fool was able to get the support, even if by a minority of the people, that he managed to obtain, not matter what he did. They will be astonished at the foreign interference in our elections, asked for and received by the candidate of one of the two major parties, trump. Solving it, to a large degree, would be relatively simple. Paper ballots backing up the computer software. They will wonder why that wasn't a national policy. They will be astounded by the utter ruthless corruption of men like McConnell. No, history won't treat this period well at all, not in my opinion.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The lawsuit about the hotel stays was thrown out. It has gone to appeals court.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I cant find any official meetings held at Trump properties.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That meeting never happened. A much overblown subject

He heard the discontent about the G-7. He hasnt hidden anything on this issue.

15. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's right. It's phony (not real) until it's enforced.....

16. DaDakota

The dude is profiteering every time he goes to one of his golf courses, he has all the secret service with him, he has many of his cabinet, and their families....all getting rooms and food on YOUR TAXPAYER NICKLE.

He is a walking talking thief, stop making excuses for this TURD of a human being.

DD

Deckard likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I said that was all beside the point, but you come back to argue about definitions. I remember what might have been the first of these scandals, when the Prime Minister of Japan met with Trump for meetings at Mar-a-Lago maybe a month after inauguration. Is meeting face-to-face with a Prime Minister not "official"?

But again, not the point. It doesn't matter how many previous infractions he has. It's still self-dealing the first time he does it. If I declare I'm going to sleep with your wife, are you going to be placated if I tell you I had no prior "official" copulations with anyone else's wives? I can just say I was going to do it as a favor to you, but if you're going to make a big deal about it then just forget it. And you'll just forget it?

RayRay10, vlaurelio and DaDakota like this.
  18. DaDakota

Not to mention this whole booking blocks of rooms and not using them bribe that is now under investigation.

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is stupid nitpicking.

Maybe he should be charged witb cheating golfing on the home field

#119 pgabriel, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its not happening. He floated it honestly. It got backlash. He decided against. What's corrupt. Shouldn't some level of corruption be trying to hide it?

Nothing happened.Excuse me for focusing on if a crime happened with the c word thrown around