1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Thanks for showing us the REAL truth. :rolleyes:

You evangelical Christians have no credibility left so I don't even know why you're bothering.

You two are a great example of why our country is screwed.

2. CometsWin

We're going to need 7 or 8 congressional investigations first which your boy can stonewall with the entire executive branch like no other President in the history of the country.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member

Lol repugs moving goal posts...thinking its cool to withold money due to expectation of 'deliverable' of a foreign state for help in an election.

lovely

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, original thinking... surprised you didn't resort to a "I am rubber you are glue." Though maybe that would be a grade or two above you...

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Liberals supported Bill Clinton, who did far worse. None of your four points above are proven.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Far worse? Like what?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

extramarital sex! Cigar vandalism! Oh and maybe maybe not murdered a million witnesses but thankfully not the ones who reported on it

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ask Juanita Broaddrick, who said in a sworn statement that Bill Clinton raped her.

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's actually been the president's recent strategy w' the Speaker of the House. "I didn't melt down! She melted down!" He tends to do this with women, I've noticed.

But in other news, I think y'all do @TheresTheDagger a disservice, and the dialogue a disservice, by lumping him in with generic "Trump supporters" and insulting him. But whatever. Tribes gonna tribe, I know.

justtxyank and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Gran her by the p***y vs bite her by the lip

11. CometsWin

Wut? What's far worse than abusing your Constitutional duties?

Trump has been accused of sexual assault by 20+ women. Stop your trolling. It's so 2012.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. CometsWin

He's actually worse than a generic Trump supporter because we all know he's intelligent enough to know better. The TDS response from folks like him to every attempt to hold the President accountable for his actions impacts the integrity of our Republic. If the President cannot be held accountable by Congress because of lock step politics and cannot be indicted (multiple claims of obstruction in this case) because of stupid DOJ rules then we have a rogue executive branch and that should scare the hell out of everybody. Do we even know when and if we've crossed that Rubicon of dictatorship? Did anyone know when it happened in Germany or Italy or any other country? When the President can continue to obstruct justice, obstruct oversight, intimidate diplomats, inject politics throughout the bureaucracy, regularly promote baseless conspiracy theories, lie with impunity, and basically do whatever he likes then where is that line and how close are we to it?

This Presidency is not normal and nobody should pretend this is politics as usual. What is happening is unprecedented and dangerous.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow! I knew you were a SJW wingnut but this post borders on pure psychosis. You truly need to step out of the echo chamber you are so immersed in and seek some therapy.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your TDS has you in an echo chamber where you go to sleep every night believing your politics is that of freedom, Democracy, and the American way.

I’m here to tell you that you are blind to what is really happening with your support, and sycophancy. The least you could do is say “I still support free and fair elections so the people can have their say and replace Trump if the majority disapprove”.

However the subject that animates you guys more than anything is the subject of free and fair elections because your true belief is the opposite of that. The truth is you have done everything but admit that cheating and subverting democracy is the only way Trump can win and you obviously support that. You have him publicly asking China of all countries to interfere to help him win, and dead silence from you. Not just silence but then you have the audacity to point the finger at folks like myself who dare question the supreme leader to express concern. Then you go further to bully and call them mentally challenged with “psychosis”.

So no... you are the one with TDS, and have openly chosen to support a major shift to autocratic norms in order to maintain political power of the policy of race baiting, deficit explosion, anti environment, embraced corruption, anti women’s rights, and... anti democracy.

Look in the mirror for a chance at your own TDS.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

One good turn will deserve another.

Dangerous times in politics.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we can read and it's right there in the transcript. When President Zelinsky ask about purchasing Javelin missiles for defensive purposes Trump ask him for a favor regarding looking into the Bidens. As Cohen said under oath that Trump doesn't ask for things directly and Chris Christie pointed out when Trump "ask for a favor" that is putting pressure on someone and has Mulvaney said, before frantically backpedalling hours later, that is a quid pro quo..

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I do wonder if Repubs really have the foresight to think of the precedent they're setting when Dems become majority and have the ability to do the exact same thing. I wouldn't be for a Dem doing it as these type of actions from our government officials weakens us a nation, but if Trump is the result of Obama, Repubs should fear the result Trump will yield for the next eight years. If this is Trump supporters vision of America for less than 4 years, you're gonna be in for a rude awakening the following eight when Dems are the majority.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. dobro1229

I honestly think they see a power grab that will definitively weaken the Democratic party for good. Maybe they believe that there is a chance the Democrats can hold the House every once in a blue moon, but with a completely partisan Judicial branch, they'll always get their way in rulings if the Democats ever tried to do half of what Trump is doing.

That's why Kavanaugh is such a lightening rod issue to them. They are actually excited that they have someone on the bench taking over Kennedy's swing vote who Trump has leverage over. They know he'll be forced to be loyally partisan & that's why they'll fight tooth & nail to defend him. They think they own him in a way they'd never own someone that was nominated after he is removed. That power grab excites them like nothing else.

But no I think they believe they have a chance right now to solidify their power in a way that the Democrats will never recover from. I don't think for two seconds one single Trumper has second thoughts about their Party taking autocratic measures to subvert democracy & power grab. In their world, the Democrats are an existential threat to their lives & are happy that they have a cleric who will break the law on their perceived behalf to make sure the Democats never get the same power they had prior.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. dobro1229

The big question is.... if Biden or Warren manage to win, Trump is able to be ousted out of the building, and the Dems gain significant seats to take over the Senate & keep the house.... .What do the Democratic voters want to do in retribution to their fellow Americans taking a swing at autocracy to subvert their rights & voices??????

I think alot of Democrats out there will be tempted to return the favor, but I think the most important thing the party can do is focus first and foremost on securing the democratic process by:

-Sweeping anti-corruption laws passed
    -Fix the voting process (gerrymandering, etc)
    -Create more fail safes for separation of DOJ/FBI & Executive Branch (Bill Barr should be held up as the principle example of the justice system gone wrong)

The Trumplican party has blown a hole in our Democracy, and we won't be able to fix everything overnight. The one thing you can do is make sure that you first address the loop holes in our government that allowed Trump to come into power in the first place.

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. CometsWin

Where is @dachuda86 with his support for impeachment? Was he kidnapped by Antifa terrorists? o_O

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.