1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA wants precise age & height

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 26, 2019.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I can see saying you are taller than you really are, but isn't it dumb to say you are shorter than you really are. That could make you drop in the draft because you would be as undersized for your position.

Hakeem was one I always heard fudged his height. They said he was 6"11 when he first got to UH, but they said he was 7'0 when he finally started playing and then right before the draft word was he was only 6"10 but I never heard anything official.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It depends on the player/position. Guards, mostly never. Bigs, if they appear pretty skinny...can be an indication of if they will get abused in the paint. Some, on the other hand, may have more bulk than you would think looking at them, and that would indicate it might not be a concern. You could probably also find out that some (perhaps even including guards) are carrying too much weight, and that will be a problem. That doesn't seem to be as much a concern as it used to be, though. Players mostly come into camp in shape, and stay that way year round.

But, other than situations like that, yes, agree.

I don't know why teams do this. I played some small college football. Not only were our heights and weights exaggerated, but they seemed to change with each week's program---I would only assume to better match up with )the lies) the other team was showing.

To this day, due to that, I don't really know my own height. I can only say it seems to be between 6'1" and 6'4", depending on the day. :)

Maybe its because I played football, and not basketball, at that level I also look at weight?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ow-the-Rockets-measure-up-really-14542154.php

With the NBA requiring teams to report accurate heights, measured with shoes off, eight Rockets players are now listed as shorter than in previous seasons.

That list does not include star guards James Harden or Russell Westbrook, who were listed as 6-foot-5 and 6-foot-3 and still are. It does not include 6-10 center Clint Capela.

Most of the changes are modest. Danuel House Jr. and Gerald Green, instead of 6-foot-7 as previously listed, are actually 6-6. Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers, long listed at 6-foot-4, are 6-3. None of that comes as much of a surprise. Center Tyson Chandler, who had been considered 7-1, remains a seven-footer, but at just 7-0, meaning that he and 7-0 Isaiah Hartenstein will have to similarly duck under doorways.

While they are the tallest Rockets players, rookie Chris Clemons remains the shortest at 5-foot-9, just as he had been previously listed. Rookie Shamorie Ponds is a bit closer, however, with his height adjusted from 6-1 to 6-0.

Forward Gary Clark’s height was trimmed the most, dropping him from 6-foot-8 to 6-6, giving him the award for the greatest exaggeration or highest heels on his basketball shoes.

As for Tucker, known for playing bigger than he is since his days at Texas, his ability to battle in the land of giants could be even more impressive with his listed height dropped from 6-6 to 6-5.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great. We can now officially play a 6-5 center.

malakas likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How many times did we hear in Harden's 1st 2yrs here, "Klay is 2 inches taller." lulz

Now they are officially the same height.

[​IMG]

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

KD not even 6'10????

jevjnd likes this.
  8. Lovemachine2000

The league couldn't stop KD from slouching.

GotGame15 and don grahamleone like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

throwback thursday - When announcers would drool over KD, look at this 7 foot guy with handles and a shot.

[​IMG]

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

once again MDA and Morley on the cutting edge with playing small ball. you magnificent bastards!

#111 Os Trigonum, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I knew that already. That's exactly the kind of player Morey has been looking for. :D

Lovemachine2000, malakas and J.R. like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

@J.R. are all of these somewhere for us to look at? Was looking for the newly updated heights of the Cavs and Raptors and can't seem to find them.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure the team roster pages have been updated...

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Rockets legend K-Lo is really 6'ft which sounds about right.

McCaw and Cameron Payne shrunk two inches.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

So in reality Ingram is an undersized PF how did he ever not get acquired by Morey.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

because morey didn't have the correct stats on him, now he does and morey will be trading himself for ingram

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What i do not understand is how many players have the same height. I thought that this would be barefoot and the previous was with shoes. How does 50% not decrease in height when not wearing shoes?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How many of them were wearing double socks?

DD

omgTHEpotential likes this.