1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Im reading that now. They also think theyre getting Lindor. HAHAHAHA. To be a entitled yankee fan wih pipe dreams..... Id just off myself.

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Game replay is on MLB Network right now, in the 6th inning

3. donkeypunch

Just like umps, but that seems game to game. The love affair of the yanks in this entire series by smoltz and buck was pretty evident to me.

Smacktle and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. donkeypunch

Post updates. I dont have mlb network.

Sajan and jcee15 like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Once.

There's only been 2 walkoff HRs in the same series 5 times: '81 NLDS (Ashby and Vukovic), '95 ALDS, '04 NLCS (Kent and Edmonds), '14 NLCS

tehG l i d e and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

Hah, I didn't see the giant glob of streamers that got caught on the net in the other shots. That's hilarious.

jcf likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

Those aren't streamers. They are ginormous genetically engineered tinsel.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

A guy from Michigan and a guy from St. Louis have no reason to "love the yankees".

The reason why everybody thinks the opposing announcers are always against them is that baseball is extremely local... where almost all of the 162 games are broadcast by the local announcers, which is what the fans get accustomed to. Contrast that with football (no local announcers) and the NBA (where if you're good, 20+ games are on national TV with non-local announcers), and you don't perceive as much "bias".

But when you go from a mostly homer crew to anything else... its going to seem extremely skewed, even though its basically down the middle.

There's also a natural tendency for some announcers to get behind the underdog... which was the Yankees this entire series. Granted, I only heard them on the games in NY, but both sides were getting plenty of attention.

Patience, RasaqBoi and kaleidosky like this.
  9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I heard them on all games, and I'm with you

Patience likes this.
  10. phasors28

phasors28 Member

This may have been brought up already but if Gardener had allowed that ball to hit him during the 9th (like Biggio) this game may have turned out different. I know, I know, you are supposed to get out the of the way but there are situational times as well. I still remember Carl Everett against Rocker in the 99 NLDS almost getting hit right before the Weiss play.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Joe Bucks call on the Brantley double was very legendary. Grandkids will hear that call in the future.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I love being in the AL. I really hated the move at first ... loved cubs n cardinals series, but it’s all worth it to piss these Yankees fans off.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just in case you were wondering. ;)

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...I just didn't hear anything one way or the other favoring either team. People were even complaining about Buck Thursday night when he wasn't even there.

Smacktle and Patience like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last night after the game I want to an Irish bar where some friends were playing they let me take the stage for one last song. I was wearing my orange Altuve Jersey (for those who don’t know orange isn’t a color you’re supposed to wear at most Irish bars). I sang Turn out the lights the party’s over for the Yankees.

Smacktle, CometsWin, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It’s not completely neutral but a lot of my Twins fan friends were also saying they felt Buck very biased towards the Yankees.

Smacktle and donkeypunch like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

My understanding of the rules is that you're supposed to attempt to avoid getting hit and it's the ump's discretion if they feel you didn't. I remember there were some people who criticized Biggio as deliberately taking hits.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I loved Big, but yeah, he would deliberately take hits. The topper is that I can't remember an ump catching him doing it.

Smacktle likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I remember one....so, his percentage was really good.

Smacktle and Deckard like this.