1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center needs to be like this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 18, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Yeah maybe cuz the Astros are like the warriors. And the Yankees are like the rockets. In 2019

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I use to go to as many games as I could and when I started making more money I started getting lower level tickets. Honestly Toyota Center has a huge problem. Upper atmosphere is way better with the true fans, but terrible view. Lower level has better view but you sit with corporate snobs that tell you to sit down when you cheer for your team. Unless it’s playoffs there is really no good seat at Toyota Center.

Not to mention tickets prices are crazy nowadays. And they charge you by tiers so you pay extra to see a superstar only to find out he’s resting for “load management”..

Lastly after paying a ridiculous amount to see game 7 of WCF only to witness one of the worst rig jobs in NBA history. I vowed never to give NBA my money again, as much as I love the Rockets I truly question the integrity of the game.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

MSG is the biggest dump of any professional sports stadium I have ever been to

4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Houston is a baseball and football town first.

5. rockets13champs

Disagree. Who has won a championship first and been most consistent for last 35 years? It’s a rockets town first.

tinman likes this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He just said that she is overrated. He never once said he wouldn't "hit it".

rockets13champs likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Small market teams like New York always have crazy fans.

malakas likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We sold out the summit during clutch city
    When we weren’t pandering to corporations and china

smp and rockets13champs like this.
  9. rockets13champs

This China thing is good. We can make Toyota Center the summit again

smp and tinman like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They're just all owned by companies. They get given to employees who may or may not attend and don't care as much because they're free.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's crazy talk. I never have seen people wearing Rockets gear like they're currently wearing Astros gear. Never. Not in the Championship years. Never. I also see at least 10 Texans stickers on cars for every 1 Rockets.

I wish you were right. I love the Rockets and literally do not care about baseball or football, but I don't see it. Even when the Rockets won 65 games a few years ago it didn't feel like the whole city was excited about it like it does when the Astros are good.

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman died for our sins

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, huh? U are way off. Houston isn’t close to being a Rockets town first.

Texans...Astros...Rockets...that is the order, and there is really no debate

Texans way above the Astros, and Astros a significant amount higher than the Rockets

I can only imagine what would happen if the Texans were a legit Super Bowl contender

Astros and Texans could never be as good as a team like the 17-18 Rockets and still have trash home atmospheres

14. rockets13champs

I kinda feel like Texas being a red state has a lot to do with it.
    Nba culture doesn’t seem to match up to them old redneck conservatives. Which Houston has a lot of

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

When Dream ruled clutch city
    It was
    Everything was so pure

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutch city brought the city and fans and team together
    It was perfect and the love absolutely pure

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How involved are fans when those teams are losing? Texans perhaps, Astros not so much (if you remember all the empty seats during the bad years). The Knicks product is abysmal and their atmosphere is better than the Texans atmosphere when the Texans have sucked. New York City is one of a kind when it comes to basketball -- they have a lot of tourists there but they also have their share of passionate fans who haven't really seen a decent team (I don't count the Melo/Amare teams because they were never really that great) since 1999.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Summit was very similar in 93-94 and 94-95 to how Minute Maid Park is right now. The problem with the Toyota Center is the design. Other than the Red Rowdies, the majority of the loudest Rockets’ fans are stuck in the upper bowl, which is a terrible place to sit for two reasons. One, you pretty much need binoculars to see the players, and, two, the Rockets made the upper bowl stairs as narrow as they possibly could. It’s simply not a comfortable seating area.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.... Houston is as front-running a town as there is.

Problem is, the Rockets have been winning as well.... and yet still aren’t getting that sort of passionate following. It’s not just in attendance or game participation. It’s the pulse on twitter, social media, sports radio, local news, national news, and even in pockets of this rockets-centric bbs.

The Rockets unfortunately do not have a “connection” with this city minus the fact that the play in this city. I know that sounds strange, but it is what it is. People are not living/dying with their wins/losses... and that translates to the passion you have at the arena.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah I agree with that. It's weird because in the 90s this team had all the passionate fans behind them. Once they turned the page from that era, the fan support and connection hasn't been the same even with the good teams that they've had. You could say the Texans have played a bit of a part in that as well -- you see the support and the connection that they have with fans and they seemingly disappoint every year.