1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Our performance against TB's bullpen day makes this worrisome...especially with NYY's bullpen. But hopefully the home field advantage provides a nice enough boost to get it done tonight.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wish the Astros offense would just step up and seal this deal instead of everything riding on Cole. There is no reason the Astros offense can’t step up and get it done. Forget about what has happened previously and get it done!

lw17, everyday eddie, awc713 and 3 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A couple of meatball sliders have really hurt JV's postseason starts thus far. Hope they can find something on video that helps correct that.

#6984 desihooper, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah. The ones that happen to just hang a bit too long with 0 movement seems to be the pitch hitters just happen to take advantage of on occasions

desihooper likes this.
  6. CinematicFusion

Yuli might be the unluckist hitter I have seen in the playoffs. It seems like every at bat he makes solid contact. It's either inches foul, solid hit right to someone.
    You think he has to be due for those ball to start finding the gaps.

Runner up is Bregman, he's making solid contact also....just right to people.

Left 10 runners on again last night.... we are going to find away to get those guys home.

Hope we win tonight but I still think Astros in 7 is how it's going to play out. Yankees won't beat Cole at home.

Tonight I'm assuming Peacock, Urquidy to start. You don't want Urquidy going up against the top of the order to start out. Peacock is the guy.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Letting the Yankees back in it is worrisome. Cole could get blown up just like Verlander did, and our hitters can't drive in runs to save their lives. Batting averages are so low, runs are precious. Here is the deal, if the Astros can't close it out in three straight games, the Yankees deserve to go to the WS. Simple as that. I just hope that doesn't happen. It would be a choke job on the order of Oilers vs. Bills.

Houstunna likes this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would sit him and bring in Diaz as the DH. It is like he has never batted before. Just awful.

lw17, jcee15 and SemisolidSnake like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We should cross that choke if we get to it, but even so, I don't think that would be Oilers-Bills level.

Coming back from 3-1 isn't that unusual in baseball, and the Yankees have been on the wrong end of choking a 3-0 series lead.

The Yankees are a good team at the plate and it's of course hard to put them away. Have no idea what's really up with the Astros offense though.

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I said 7 before the series started. I agree, I have a gut feeling it's going to come down to that. Would love to be wrong ….

CinematicFusion likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

... but not on the level of Yankees-Red Sox in 2004?

12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I suggest many of you go smoke a blunt, relax and get ready for the Houston ****ing Astros

Smacktle, jcf, lw17 and 8 others like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yuli see

DreamShook and Swack like this.
  14. SemisolidSnake

Watching Yuli smoke the ball into Yankee gloves has been the single most tragic thing to watch in this series.

That slash line is not from a physically injured team or an outmatched team.

They tell you from tee ball that "the majority of the game is mental," and they're absolutely right. They ought to have therapists and a psychiatrist on the training staff right alongside the physical trainers, but no professional sport has figured that out yet, as far as I know.

15. CinematicFusion

Me too! Hope I’m wrong as heck and we win going away tonight 11-4

BruceAndre likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

i'll donate to the tip jar if we win but i just dont feel good about this one..

we lose 10-2

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

How much did you donate to the tip jar after you said this before game 3? Worried you're going to go broke with how often you bet against the Astros.

tmoney1101, Roc Paint and BigShasta like this.
  20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You'd expect them to be crushed at this level, and the Rays and Yanks sure have been on them.