1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Andrew Yang for President 2020 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Feb 18, 2019.

1. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

What a cool idea by the yang gang

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

When I was a kid I had to help a cow with a prolapsed uterus. Quite dirty and resource intensive for a kid. Just sayin'

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Up to 8% in one poll (Emerson)

I think hes going to make moves at the October debate

Hakeemtheking and ThatBoyNick like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Came here to talk about this, that's a crazy polling number for him. Beating out Pete by 2 points. Doubling Kamala's 4 points, and beating out O'Rourke/Booker/Castro/Gabbard/Klobuchar/Bennet/Steyer all COMBINED by 2 points.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He said something in a interview once along the lines of ,” I think I’ll win once Americans understand that a vote for me is a vote for you to get 1k a month. “ lol

I think he’s gonna win. He’s still getting his name out there and once people hear him , they tend to like him . Once the field narrows more and more he has a chance to have more time in the debates and in media coverage.

I think he’s actually at his best in longer form interviews and if he gets more opportunity to show people that side of him , I think he will sway voters quickly.

As for the poll , I believe it had an online component (which helps explain the 8%) But you could argue that having not just landline calls is actually more representative of America as a whole. Still , it’s one poll. He’s got a ways to go , but I think the momentum is gonna start building soon

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is.... a president? Beautiful girl on him though, that his wife?

[​IMG]

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Makeup...

8. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

You know that most politicians that appear on tv wear makeup right? :p

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He’s hosting some sort of massive 10 hour ama today on his website

Also , I’m curious what y’all think about his Candidacy/ campaign.

Automation was actually talked about at the last debate so I wonder if that will boost his profile. I’m a huge fan so I can’t be unbiased.

For those of y’all who didn’t take him seriously before , do you now ? Do you think he has a legit shot ?

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I want him to do well but some people are narrow minded and don't see or even understand the big picture down the road.

jiggyfly and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I respect the fact that he went all out.

That would be the least of my issues with him.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No and Nope.

He is currently poling at 2 % on average.

I respect his ideas but I just don't see why he would make a good president, it takes more than ideas.

Just take a look at Obama and I am a huge fan.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think I already took him seriously. He has some good ideas, and some stinkers. But I don't think he has a shot. And, as much as how I like how he thinks about solving things I'm not sure I believe that makes him the best candidate overall. Honestly, I think he fits better in the Senate.

16. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

No. I was an early supporter as I'm very much a supporter of some of his ideas and his demeanor. However, his debate performance has been disappointing to put it mildly. While I recognize the debate format sucks and you can't really sell new ideas through it, he has said a few things that aren't very smart IMO. The last one is:

"We have to let Russia know, look, we get it. We've tampered with other elections, you've tampered with our elections. And now it has to stop. And if it does not stop, we will take this as an act of hostility against the American people. I believe most Americans would support me on this."

People can read that as an excuse for Russia to interfere in our election and with a condition on us for it to stop - we stop, then you stop. That's just a naive view IMO.

This is one of a few example where I don't think he thought through the policy - at least foreign policy. He's very weak there. While I'm okay with it (for other reasons), this American public isn't.

17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

He is getting the Ron Paul treatment.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I consider him an issues candidate who needs more time as a civil servant to carry more weight behind his ideas.

He might be smart, but he's like a consultant who parachutes into a shitshow, diagnoses all the problems without any skin in the game. I'm not saying he'd leave halfway with others eating the bill, but that's the script. More experience and more struggle will earn my respect. It's a pretty large and complex issue he's trying to solve.

I like the main themes of his platform, so I would pay better attention to any of the larger candidates who agree with/commit to his niche proposals in principle.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If a larger candidate agreed with it , why would you trust someone who adapted the position and not the guy who diagnosed the problem and found the solution ?

personally i want the guy with the best critical thinking skills calling the shots.

I agree lack of experience is scary , but he's not in congress having to know how to twist the arms. I think he can find creative ways to wield political capital

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Typically a winning candidate would make a deal with the issues candidate to be in a position to make the policy. Obama tried doing that with Tom Daschile but taxes and an "antiquated" expectation of looking above and beyond squeaky clean did Tom in.

As president, maybe Yang could delegate his campaign promise while juggling twelve other things.

I'm just sick of reading 20 years worth of people coming into Washington thinking they could just do their common sense or grandiose ideas only to look like they're a deer caught in headlights.

dmoneybangbang and snowconeman22 like this.