1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Adam Silver: China requested Daryl Morey's firing; We said "No Chance"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shut up troll

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure if one cant handle focusing on all problems around the world, then dont get involved by attacking other who do. LeYuan James calling Morey uneducated is just him trying to protect his bottomline = hypocrite.

malakas and napalm06 like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Thats fked up. I disagree with this statement completely. Dont group the bad government with the people of that nationality. There are many great chinese people out there.

Theres nothing wrong being chinese.

We as American shouldnt b too prideful in fake patriotism. We look down on russians and chinese for governments we view bad. But in our country we have one of the most corrupt official ever in politics literally ignoring everything in the constitution while enriching himself. Every scandal somehow bounces off him and he even got away with backstabbing our allies the kurds without any repercussions.

Mb this post should b in the d&d. I just dislike your attitude towards normal chinese people.

#144 DatRocketFan, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    rockbox and Jontro like this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Comparing the problems in the US to the problems in China as if they are even remotely similar is hilarious.

Also, nobody said they didn’t like Chinese people. You said that. Without question, we are very lucky to not be born Chinese, simply because they have to fight bias AND the national government. It’s objectively harder to be informed in a country like China, and a lot of people don’t even realize they are uniformed in the first place!

There’s no point in moving to the DnD. Chinese supporters will just drag you down to their level of stupidity and beat you with experience.

randerson likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I misinterpret it i guess. Theres nothing wrong being chinese and embracing chinese culture/history, but yea i rather not b a chinese citizen. As much as a fk up here in the US at least we have freedom granted to us by our forefather. Just sucks that theres 2 different set of rules, but then again thats basically everywhere.

randerson and MorningZippo like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Racism is not the same as supporting democracy.

get that through your brainwashed Chinese brain.

your culture needs to catch up to the 21st century and stop stealing and manipulating your way up the global food chain. We will smack you back down and take away the things you enjoy because of OUR innovation and talent

randerson and Plowman like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'm not defending Lebron because he's a idiot. But when has Morey ever spoke out against injustices in America? Police killings? Immigration? Take your pick

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can b passionate about anything and will irk the opposing side but what u cant do is sht on a praise worthy cause. Understand that not everyone is a saint and can care about every single cause or the things u r passionate about, just dont sht on others for fighting the good cause.

malakas likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This sounds weirdly like an argument that a Trumpublican would make. I just find it really ironic.

"I'm not listening to whatever you say because America First! Lalalalalala"

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

not saying the chinese people are bad breh. the context is being a chinese citizen.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea i got u. I overract mb.

Jontro likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Uh, it should sound like common sense. If injustices are going in your own backyard, why would you walk down the street to solve someone else's issue? Before addressing your own

14. napalm06

Because that's a fallacy called "false dilemma". We don't only have two options. No one of us can fix all of America's problems this moment, so that should not prevent us from commenting on other things. It's an emotional argument trying to appear as logical.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Nobody's asking Morey to fix America's problems. But him asking us to support Hong Kong, while America's crumbling in on itself is backwards logic. The country is in a CRISIS

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is bias, it is not that hard to inform yourself. Sure, US outlets are forbidden online but there are several Euro sources that are not.

I also find papers like the South China morning post with their foreign reporters pretty informative.

Folks chose to trust the government and to be patriotic.

They either work hard overtime, have little time to properly inform themselves, or are ignorant toward information sources from Western countries.

Or both.

#156 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

False Equivalency is actually a staple of the DNC’s debating strategy. Although, I’m sure the dumber Trump supporters do it as well, to your point.

18. napalm06

It's politics in general. I despise both "sides" for it.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2nd attack in 3 days

malakas likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe Chinese companies were not playing ball with us anymore so we fired the first public shot.