1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Max: Lebron a sellout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 18, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It just shows how insecure their government is
    One dude who had an opinion and zero power to bring this issue to the world

it’s China who made his tweet so powerful

like if I called some of the fake fans idiots
    Nothing would happen unless they start acting like idiots after I shove the truth in their face then Clutchfans would delete their accounts

Nook, Rochut and clutchdabear like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'Bron was uneducated.'

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Max is right first of all... but notice... the first thing sell outs do is point the finger when they are called out. Max Kellerman knows and understands he is sellout but Lebron doesn't.

Nook, Entropy and D-rock like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why did Stephen A Smith bust out a race card at the end? "White executive" was used several times.. not sure where he was trying to go with that. Anybody?

To me Morey's race plays no part in this dilemma. Seems so odd that SAS brought it up. Maybe he was just grasping at straws.

Nook, malakas, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u r a hooper, just stick to hooping. See harden all he really cares are strippers, the ring, legacy at the game and his fans. If u r consistent with your desires u wont b called a hypocrite.

Here we have LeYuan James making a stand for human rights in America, but then have the nerve for attacking Morey on supporting Hong Kong fight for democracy since it hurt his paycheck. It sends the wrong message.
    1. Im black so i only care about the politics that effect them (blm ftw)
    2. I only care about money when it really comes down to it all.

LeYuan James should have just kept his mouth shut and said no comment. Laughable he tried spinning it that the timing of the moreys tweet was bad for him and others.

U cant put a timer on when to fight the good fight.

#27 DatRocketFan, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    malakas, clutchdabear and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

leYuan James is a good one
    I like Les James but this is really only funny for those who watched our former owner Les Alexander who pioneered pandering to China

I mean nobody panders to China like he did

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He is a sellout. I find it strange that people that are trying to back Lebron do it by saying, "uh...uh...what he meant was that he was concerned about the well being about the NBA players over there!" Riiiight, because China was going to hold them hostage if Morey tweeted something controversial. Do people really expect us to believe that ****? Lebron and his jock riders are just trying to make up an excuse to say Morey was in the wrong while deflecting from actual statement of HK fighting for their freedom...because of the millions/billions they'll lose. It's sad that Lebron and all his activism is really just a b**** to China when it comes to losing money. I guess freedom and standing up for freedom ain't that easy when you stand to lose a lot of money, is it Lebron? I guess anyone can be bought...

Nook, Patience, malakas and 8 others like this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I hate to break it to people, but he--like a lot of other athletes--sold out a long time ago. McDonald's... Nike... Gatorade... all that stuff is trash. And it's all marketed at the young people he claims to care so much about.

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hes the worst. Sell out and a hypocrite.

U see harden? He just wants to hoop, make dem fans happy. Strive for greatness and hit the strip clubs.

If lbj just said no comment instead of attacking morey who was standing up for democracy then he wouldnt have gotten that big of a backlash. Cant b social justice warrior and then attack a fellow warrior to protect your paycheck.

malakas and clutchdabear like this.
  12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wait a minute.

LeBron, Harden, Steven A...

Morey, Max, Silver...

:eek::eek:

Lovemachine2000 and Jontro like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The good people of China being oppressed by their government. Can’t forget that part. It’s really the only part that should matter. The other six are fine financially and otherwise.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thise other people dont pretend to champion causes like Lebron did, thats what makes Lebron a sellout. He is all about rights except when it concerns his nike money.

malakas likes this.
  15. curbur

curbur Member

Stephen A Smith playing up the race card? How absurd....

16. JW86

JW86 Member

SAS used the race card with MDA’s hiring by the Rockets since Woodson had a better record in NYK and was out of a job. The guy is a joke.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron really means nothing to me. He never did. Is he a whiney little b****?
    Absolutely. I don't respect him for crying about his competitor's GM, but I never respected him before.

I don't know if he is any dumber than the fools who pay 5 times what a shoe is worth just because it has an NBA player's name on it though. I also doubt many people on either side ever cared much about the people working in sweatshops for peanuts making the overpriced NBA gear and shoes they profit from or purchase.

The NBA and NFL should have all their uniforms made in the USA in the first place. At this point they might as well change the name to The "Nike" Basketball Association or "Nike" Football League.

topfive and daywalker02 like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tell us something we didn't know. LeBron has always been a sell out

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Already rich.... sells out to get more rich on the pain and suffering of others...

Screw Lebron and his support of the Chinese Govt.

Man Stephen A Smith is a shill. Saying it would endanger others. Nope. Lebron was mad they would get tough questions and then lose sponsorships. They were never going to arrest the NBA players because that would in turn mean Trump going harder on them when they're already feeling the pain of it. They don't want it.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

As he shouldn't. What LeBron does or says may be your main problem, but it's not his. LeBron's main issue is that Morey decided to tweet that WHILE PLAYERS WERE IN CHINA. IN A COUNTRY WHERE THEY ALREADY CANT STAND OUR BLACK ASS. Just LIKE HERE IN THE USA. Lets not pretend as if LeBron speaking out on certain issues hasn't been warranted. The truth is most of us don't know what's really going in Hong Kong and we can always flip this around and ask the question; why has Morey never taken a stand for what has happened and continues to happen right here in the United States?

Why risk millions, your safety etc over Hong Kong? If he wants to be an advocate for injustice by all means, do that. But let's start with the injustice in our own country first. Let's take the plank out of our own eye. U.S Senators and lawmakers etc publicly supported Morey. No black person has ever had that support exercising their free speech. Besides the people who were financially affected by this, Morey has been praised and protected.

People had the nerve to say Morey was "attacked" for being called out in a meeting when Morey wasn't present. ATTACKED? LOL. Some of you have lost your damn minds. Now if somebody slapped the **** out of Morey for costing them millions, that is an attack. According to reports, LeBron raised his hand in the meeting before asking what he asked. No reports of anyone being loud or angry. And players had legitimate concerns. But black people, men especially, can't do **** without coming off as "overly aggressive."

If this were the other way around and LeBron tweeted that, costing the NBA billions, all hell would have broken loose, and y'all know it.