1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey’s Successor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 13BeardsIN1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just imagine the interview after Morey get's fired:

Tills to new GM: So, we are currently on course to a repeater tax, and have no rebuild plans, how are you going to weather the storm?
    new GM: Light the whole thing on fire and claim the insurance money?

Like, Tils turned the ship down this way, a path that only a great GM can navigate out of. Getting WB, like it/love it/hate it was costly. Those picks that would help are gone. I'm not saying Morey will make it painless, but rather other possible GMs will make it much much more painful. If Tils is stupid enough to go that way, then so be it.

malakas and topfive like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The irony of *cheap Tilman* being a key component to NOT firing Morey because of eating his contract is rather tasty.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ehind-the-Rockets-14058856.php#photo-17772609

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen will be a beacon of peace and bring the 2 countries back together by hiring jack ma

5. rockets13champs

If Morey was gone, I’d hire hinkie in an instant.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hinkie is the only guy i'd love to have if Daryl will ever leave, but i don't see it happening for different reasons.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

give me hinkie or give me death

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I hope its Darrell Morley, who looks just like Daryl Morey but has glasses and a mustache.

malakas likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pay attention to what's happening. Aside from Daryl being the best GM in the League, the confluence of events have assured that there is "no chance" of him being fired or forced to step down.

Take this thread along with DD's... toss them in the dumpster, pour the gasoline, and light a match.

gogispade, Slimfa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares whether Morey is liked by the rest of the NBA gms? I bet Billy King's "approval rating" from NBA GMs was sky high...because he was dumb as **** and other gms robbed his ass.

Secondly Morey just recently got extended so that alone should stop this convo. Like he just got extended this offseason. How many "Tillman is cheap" threads have we had already?

Third, Tillman already lost the China money. Firing Morey wont bring it back, in fact it would lead to even more loss as we have seen with Blizzard whose stock dropped when it capitulated to China. Tillman is risking boycott by NBA viewers if he bends the knee so obviously. The China money might actually be on the way back anyway, China is gonna host the Olympics it aint gonna go ti war over a tweet.

Fourth, sending a tweet on your own free time isnt grounds for firing. Morey can actually file a case with the department of labor if he gets fired cuz that isnt a lawful reason for getting fired. The US has a thing called "Bill of Rights" and that includes the right to free speech. If he gets fired because of a tweet he can sue the Rockets and the entire NBA and cause an "Unpatriotic" scandal. The lawyers and senators are gonna have a field day with that esp since Trump loves China so much.

Finally, Morey is one of the best GMs. If Tillman is already paying his ass makes 0 sense to replace him with a total unknown.

jordnnnn and topfive like this.
  11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

China about to copy and clone their own Morey and torture Morey2.0 just to make themselves feel better.

12. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This is bigger than Tilman now. Even if Tilman is happy with him, I can't imagine him firing Morey at this point in time, and if Morey resigns for whatever reason, it would come across as forced resignation and people would automatically relate the cause to China-Morey situation. In either case, Tilman Silver and the NBA will look bad. China wins.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Here's the easiest option: Keep Daryl Morey.

Reasons:
    1. He's a great GM
    2. He puts his money where his mouth is
    3. We don't let China think they run the Rockets
    4. Freedom of Speech
    5. **** LeBron James in his greedy hypocritical *******
    6. LBJ doesn't run the Rockets
    7. Adam Silver is on Morey's side.. don't underestimate what that means

malakas, Jayzers_100 and topfive like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Adam Silver sends the call to officials to screw the Rockets.

Rockets fire Morey because of "poor performance".

Adam Silver and the owners both get what they want. Silver maintains his good standing or for not backing down with China, while still getting rid of Morey.

Chess not checkers. :)

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Merry gonna open up that obgyn practice he always wanted.

16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

What in the world? The way you are reacting to this thread is strange.

Bad relationships, unhappy owner and it’s not a possible for him to step down?

This has nothing to do with China telling the NBA to fire Morey.

Tilman wants a Finals appearance without paying tax and Morey has to deliver without many assets to trade.

Its weird how fired up people get because I want to know who is behind Morey just in case.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So you want China to run the NBA, but like using a super tricky 2-step chess move?

Mr. Space City's step 1:
    Rig the NBA to favor whatever the hell China wants
    Mr. Space City's step 2:
    Fire Morey so that China is happy

Result: party with the communist regime and ignore that they're oppressive.

Great.

Your idea has all the nuance of the Chinese governments reaction to a friggin tweet. And the result leads to all the same problems as before. Brilliant.

18. Mr. Space City

it's not about what I want, but what Qing James and the owners wants.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That would be a train wreck. Please no.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Conflict of interest doe.... Jack trying to pump out these fake jerseys by the truckload on alibaba and shillman mad he aint getting a cut of that.

Jontro likes this.