1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL...

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

I did get him in one league last week. But trying to trade for either Waller or Hunter Henry in another... would you trade Royce Freeman and (choose one): Marvin Jones Jr/Tyrell Williams/John Brown for Darren Waller?

#222 NewRoxFan, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  3. NewRoxFan

Wow... in my 16 team league there is a team that is 5-0. Keeps making trades, just asked if a team would trade him a "backup" QB. Sure enough... someone is trading him Aaron Rogers for Robby Anderson. o_O

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If you need a TE I would give up Freeman and Jones. Waller is solid.

5. NewRoxFan

@BaselineFade thanks! I have a new one... On my 10 team standard team I just added Hunter Henry (amazed no one else made the claim, including the Dissly owner with Howard as his backup). I also have Engram. Here's the challenge, I have AJ Green on IR and Yahoo upgraded him to Q. At some point I will need to move him to a roster spot. Would you think a package of Henry and Sony Michel would be a fair offer for Conner? Or Hunter and Ridley for Keenan Allen or Amari Cooper? These target that Dissly owner.

I also targeted the owner with Graham as his TE. I offered Henry and Michel or Aaron Jones, and Henry and Ridley for TY Hilton. He rejected the Jones trade (his other RB is Kamara who may be hurt) but didn't reject the TY Hilton idea. Would a Henry+Ridley for TY Hilton make sense?

My roster: Ryan, Cook, Fournette, Hopkins, Lockett, Engram, Flex: Ridley bench: Godwin, Michel, Ridley, Mattison, Singletary, AJ Green on IR, Henry.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My only reservations about the Hilton deal are health related. I had Engram last season and he drove me crazy because he just couldn't stay healthy. I would hate for you to lose Henry, if Engram goes down again. Ridley has been fairly disappointing so you definitely upgrade that position by trading for Hilton.

I would pull the trigger on the Conner deal. Keenan has been slipping a little lately, and Cooper is dealing with injuries. Allen's value will take a slight hit since Henry is back in the lineup, and Rivers targets him a ton. That deal is a little more risky, but i think it would worth the gamble.

Health is going to play huge role entering the second half of this fantasy season. I lost Dissly on 4 teams. I didn't know that Henry was due back until i read your post. Thanks to you i was able to get Henry on 3 of those teams but that was a close call. Akins would have been my best option off of the waiver wire. I'm taking injury history into consideration this year before i make any future moves.

7. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Dissly was on my team (10 team PPR). I’m so desperate for a tight end, I picked up OJ Howard purely out of hope he gets traded to New England or Seattle. If neither happens, I’ll probably have to give up a RB for a TE.

My receivers are Golladay, Chark, Gallup, and Robby Anderson. Not much to give up there.
    My RBs are Cook, Kerryon, Jacobs, Tevin Coleman, Damien Williams (BUST), and Malcom Brown.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Only my second year of playing fantasy.

I can start two of the following:

Kenny Stills (@ Indy)
    Duke Williams (vs. Miami... And I'm starting Josh Allen)
    DK Metcalf (vs. Balt)
    Jamison Crowder (vs NE)

Go!

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone decent on the waiver wire?

Chris Herndon may be back next week. He's still available in quite a few leauges. He is off of suspension, and is one of Darnold's favorite targets. He is still nursing his hamstring so he may be out this week.

Dawson Knox may be worth a look this week. Bills play the Dolphins.

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Williams is boom or bust. Stills targets have dropped since Fells and Akins have gotten more involved in Texans offense. I think Metcalf should see more targets with Dissly out. Crowder may avoid Gilmore. If Gilmore matches up with Anderson, Crowder could be a decent play.

Metcalf and Crowder by default unless you feel like gambling imo.

#230 BaselineFade, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

I agree... I suspect Gilmore covers Anderson. And NYJ will likely need to pass a lot, so I suspect Crowder will get lots of passes underneath coverage (especially since Herndon is still out). And Metcalf should have a big game in SEA.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

I am in a 16 team league, so while its not SuperFlex QBs are still highly valued commodities (only playing QB on waivers is Matt Moore). The Mahomes owner (whose backup is Mariota) already sent me a trade offer for my backup (to Kyler Murray)... his Jaylen Samuels for my Trubisky.

Gee... tempting... a starting QB for a RB on IR who is a handcuff to a RB I don't own. Tempting...

13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Everett got dropped, I picked him up to start vs ATL. I also dropped Malcolm Brown for Cohen.

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Mahomes, Kelce and Hill owners hoping for the best
    If you have Everett, i would hold off on trading a RB for another tight end unless he is is top 5 or 6 TE at this point. If Herndon is available i would consider stashing him if you have room for it on your roster. Cohen for Brown looks like a solid move.

Von Rafer likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

While I like being in a league where trades happen, I just got this offer... my Brandin Cooks for his Mike Williams. o_O

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

Trade question:

i have Brady and Deshaun as my QBs and a really crappy TE thanks to injury to Dissley in a 6 pts per passing TD league. Someone is offering me Hooper for Deshaun (doesn’t want Brady). Would you take this trade?

Thanks!

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was offered the following in a 12 team PPR:

Send Leveon Bell

Receive. Matt Breida, Carlos Hyde, and Alshon Jefferey

19. NewRoxFan

Nope, I'd stream TEs, like Johnnu Smith or Cameron Brate.

mulletman likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Nope, I'd never give up the best player in the trade. You'd have to cut two off your roster.