1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max: Lebron a sellout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Keep it coming Max!

I like this quote posted on there, it's from Dave Chappelle:

"That's why I don't have a sneaker deal. 'Cause if you say something people don't like they take your ****in' shoes off. If Martin Luther King had a sneaker deal, we'd still be on the back of the bus. It's true, the Nike execs would come up like "Hi, Martin. Uh...we need you to tone down the civil rights talk and the stuff about black people being humans. It's upsetting our Southern distributors." [Chappelle, speaking as Martin Luther King, Jr.] "But I don't understand. I thought that's why I had a sneaker deal in the first place!" [Chappelle, speaking as a Nike executive] "Not quite. Really it's a walking shoe and we like the marching, but the...try to understand." **** that ****.

Mazulis, JuNx, Hippieloser and 29 others like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

**** LeBron James. Go play for the Sharks.

arabrocket, Mazulis, JuNx and 25 others like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

In Max We Trust

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Like he said, it’s easy to take a stand when there isn’t risk money of losing money. That goes for opinion jockies on TV, too.

Nook and roslolian like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kellerman is correct

malakas, roslolian, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Max Kellerman: "It's very easy to take a stand when there is low to no cost."
    He should know.

DCkid, D-rock, Cstyle42 and 4 others like this.
  7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Same goes for posters here, and the e-warriors all over internet.

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Maybe it's my unfavorable view of Max, but if he was in Lebron's "shoe", he would have done the same. Just a feeling...

These talking heads working for ESPN are sellouts, opportunists, sensationalists, to begin with. They support big markets that profit them and bring them greater coverage, all else, to hell with them.

D-rock likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

One has been a vocal advocate for speaking out and has been one of the most vocal NBA guys with regards to politics and now asks the sheriff to punish a man for being vocal, the other is just a TV w****. It’s about people calling Lebron on his bullshit, don’t care who that is. Now all we wait is for Lebron to own up to it and apologise to Morey or stay petty and deny this is even an issue anymore.

D-rock likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There are a lot players in Lebron’s shoes, yet not a single one has publicly criticized Morey. What makes you think Kellerman would have?

Nook and roslolian like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

To any people defending LeBron

It's one thing the stay quiet, OK not your job to comment on everything. If LeBron had stayed silent on the issue and let SIlver handle it, my opinion of him honestly wouldn't have changed much.

It's another thing to call out, attempt to discredit, and request punishment for a guy taking an ethical stance. He basically took a page straight out of the communist playbook because he was inconvenienced and it's completely f**king unacceptable.

Mazulis, Nook, malakas and 12 others like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Right on point. Lebron comes across as a ****ing piece of **** worried about his millions right now. Watch him play the victim and using the colour card if he feels like it, as in if it were a black athlete speaking out he’d be in trouble bla...

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

Max literally said in the segment that he’d probably do the exact same for much less than a billion but by if going by pure definition it’s technically selling out by choosing money over past principles you’ve taken hard stances on

As he said if you’re going by definition

D-rock likes this.
  14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

You're right, he would probably stay quiet like most in the league. I'm thinking that Lebron has the added pressure due to his stature, of saying something. Anyone else in his shoes would also have the same pressure. At the same time, regardless of Lebron's stance on any given political issue, he's not known to hold back.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

His main problem is he has no reservations about ripping American politics and firing back at his "shut up and dribble" critics.

Blatz, Nook, malakas and 3 others like this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The main pro-Lebron reason is we all use phones, made in China, wear clothes, made in China...etc.

But we don't represent them with sponsorship contracts. Not sure if that makes us better than LeBron...

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes China doesn’t watch first take

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I've always thought pretty highly of Lebron James, until now. The problem is that he's so revered as a basketball player that people give him a pass on anything he says, as if somehow being great at basketball makes him a better or smarter human. He's out of his league on the issue of China -- he doesn't understand the bigger picture, only China as it relates to money -- and he made the really galling choice of criticizing a person who does understand the bigger picture, Morey. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing a dumb guy criticizing a smart guy over something the dumb guy doesn't get.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, the Smart guy is stuck.....he can't publicly say a word now.

I am sure he is asking himself if his timing was right.

We all want to believe in the bigger Ideal but truth is you have to get thru your day first!

D-rock and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  20. WNBA

WNBA Member

No wonder Americans just cannot stop sticking their noses to someone else's backyard. no cost sellouts