1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't get complaining about the media coverage. The yankees are the most popular and recognized sports brand in the entire world. Of course they're going to get more coverage. Why not just embrace it? It makes it so much more fun to beat them.

I also don't see any disrespect coming from the post-game crew. As others have said, they've been very complimentary of the Astros. I've actually really enjoyed all 4 of them this postseason. Certainly miles ahead of the silly NBA on TNT crew. A-Rod is actually a very good commentator - always has an interesting prospective after games. And Big Papi adds the comedy relief without trying too hard to be a character (like Barkley).

I think we worry too much about how the national media perceives us. Just forget about it and enjoy this amazing team!

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yeah, just be chill like the Astros

[​IMG]

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Took a game for the Astros to get going but everyone get on the choo chooooooooooooooooo........next stop: The World Series.

They probably partied a little too hard after the Rays win while NY was sitting around waiting for us.

Uprising and whiskeyred like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't another title, plus first team ever to have rookie of the year, cy young, and MVP in one year be something!!!

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't get over the two huge outs from Pressly. That was a huge for him and hopefully it builds more confidence for him. I feel for the guy though. He isn't healthy and he still has fluid in his knee.

Fyreball, alethios, crose and 12 others like this.
  6. CinematicFusion

Huge for Hinch to call his number there and he delivered. That moment was the key to winning the game last night.

eric.81, plates300, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

An idiot Yankees fan.

Yankees fans are trash.
    Greinke thing
    Throwing **** on the field
    Cheering when Springer (and Altuve?) was nearly hit.
    TRASH!

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

9. SuraGotMadHops

My sentiments exactly! I did attend Game 2 last Sunday for the Correa walkoff, surprisingly, being on the scene actually calmed my nerves a bit. But at home I am pacing, spinning, expletives, shouts of joy, shouts of pain, I must be in solitude for these kinds of things.

plates300 likes this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

The guy at the very top with the yankee hat and green jacket is priceless.

whiskeyred likes this.
  11. AstrosRockets1818

Yup. These clutch Astros make Bagwell and Biggio led playoff teams look even more pathetic. An embarrassment actually.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

dude what freaking balls by hinch when everyone else said it was a questionable move

13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea this was a great shot. I believe that was on a check swing called strike. Hilarious how much he encompasses our fan emotions watching the games

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrd this was big time, especially for pressly. Huge spot, hostile environment, critical situation. moving forward i hope this is what were getting from him like we've seen before. the continued trust hinch has in his guys has paid dividends. its awesome to see

15. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Meant to post last night, but wanted to say congrats folks! And good luck tonight!!!!

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Yeah that was absolutely huge - as I said in this thread when it happened I was opposed to the move and would have personally used Harris or Joe Smith there as I felt it was a pivotal moment in the game as I think it NY ties it up or go ahead there the momentum would have shifted and their crowd would be back into it.

That being said given how it worked out I think it could potentially be one of the best moves/decisions Hinch has made this year and really even last year for that matter. If he ends up getting back to his old self for the WS we could have ourselves a very good bullpen (our pen was already going to be a huge advantage over the Nats). I would really like to get Pressly in the game tonight if we’re up 2+ runs and let him have a chance to build some confidence against a team that might lay down if JV shuts them down early.

eric.81 and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  17. dejamike

dejamike Member

Sorry bud.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I don’t care what anyone on this board thinks - Hinch is one of the best, if not the best, managers in the game today. Sure there are times that trust has backfired on him (e.g. Ken Giles) but overall if you look at how similar decisions he has made planned out he’s definitely come out well ahead.

From keeping Springer at lead off during our WS run in the 2017 playoffs to moving Bregman up in the lineup his rookie season even though he was like 2-30, it’s pretty clear he’s made the right moves that nearly all of the other managers or anyone on this board would have made. Keeping Alvarez in the 5 hole may end up being another one of those moves when we look back on these playoffs - it was great to see him finally get a hit last night as well. We’re going to need his bat to wake up so we have a true left handed masher going against Scherzer and Strasburg (I wouldn’t be surprised if AJ sits him against Corbin in WAS and only plays 2 out of 3 potential games there).

YOLO, Pipe, eric.81 and 3 others like this.
  19. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Been up since 4am, not even tired!!!!! Let’s gooooooo!!!!!!! Sweep the leg!!!!!!

20. ima_drummer2k

Man, getting that home field throughout is proving to be so valuable.

The 2-3-2 format REALLY favors the home team IMO. Much more so than the 2-2-1-1-1 format. I mean, the team without the advantage has to either 1) sweep or b) win 4-1 or else they are faced with the prospect of having to clinch on the road.

Let's be real - it saved us against the yankees in 2017. And it could be argued that the Rockets might not have won their 1st championship without it.