1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Protesting in Hong Kong is like trying to talk to a wall, China does whatever it wants.

Nook and Sajan like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No. But let me ask you a similar question and you know why your question is irrelevant: Can you unequivocally say that everything the Hong Kong and PRC governments do is bad for the people of Hong Kong?

Morey is wrong as you are wrong in seeing the Hong Kong situation in black and white. You see, everything has to be "unequivocal" and "definitive" to you. My point is, the world is not that simple. A lot of conflicts have more than two sides. When Morey said "stand with Hong Kong" which side was he referring to? I am pretty sure he did not know that there were more sides than he thought.

Oh, what makes you think that I am on LeBron's side?

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  3. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

4. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Normally, I don’t like to respond more than once on Clutch but I like your passion so I will try to merely point out one thing in your argument that makes no sense so that in the future your posts can be on point.

what is the purpose of bringing up the great famine of 1960? 1) how does that link to how CP is handling hk? Are there starving hk we don’t know about?2) even if there is a link how can you attribute something that happened 60 years ago to the current regime? Should we also bring up that millions died to build the Great Wall and attribute to this current government? Or should I not vote for Democrats because they were the party the favored slavery? 3) how does poor agriculture and economic management in 1960s have to do the current events?

I advise for you to channel that hate to something productive. Also don’t join cults. Last post on this I am out. Mic drop.

Nook likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

This is such mainland propaganda.

First off, Hong Kong is less racists or bigoted than mainland China. The people of Hong Kong are not in a hurry to force Muslims into no longer being Muslims. Hong Kong has no desire to burn down churches or control the naming of th future Dalai Lama so that he can be a figurehead for the CCP. Those are all bigoted beliefs held by the controlling government of mainland China. Second, I have lived in China. I like many Chinese people but mainland China is extremely racist towards Japanese and many other groups.

So lets not play like Hong Kong is this bastion of racial intolerance and mainland China is this commendable utopia free of racism and bigotry.

Second, beating up people? I would hope you are aware that there is violence on both sides. A lot of the pro democracy leaders have been stabbed, hit by cars, are missing or assaulted in the streets. Whenever you have conflict over something as important as democracy; there will be violence. Further......... I hope to God that you are not equating the actions of the pro democracy protesters to the CCP......... The CCP is one of the most brutal and barbaric organizations to ever exist. They were responsible for the death of 45 million of their own people. In my lifetime they sent 200,000 troops and in the middle of the night killed and turned into mincemeat 10,000 of their own people. They currently have 2,000,000 of their own people in concentration camps. They currently are not following UN regulations in Africa leading to the unnecessary death of many Africans because it is cheaper to harvest gold without precautions.

When you have hundreds of thousands, and in this case millions of people involved in issues you can always find some person that has done something wrong. It is not an excuse to say "see we cant take a side".

In some cases things are black and white....... Rwanda for example, the Khmer Rouge..... Josef Stalin...... Nazi Germany and the Chinese Communist Party......... all authoritarian and sadly many communist.

China is wrong is this conflict and everyone that isn't brainwashed from the CCP knows it.

If you want to know how bad it is, go look at the list of countries that support China and concentration camps....... it is all the nations that have the worst human rights records.... from North Korea to Saudi Arabia, to Iran and Syria and Sudan.

payaso, D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

What is the point of bringing up the great famine? Why did nearly 60,000,000 people in China die? They died because of the CCP.

Who currently controls everything in mainland China? The CCP does..... Who controlled the government of China in 1989 when 200,000 soldiers attacked their own peaceful people in the middle of the night? The CCP.....

Who currently has decided to put 2,000,000 Chinese in concentration camps?...... the CCP.

It is all relevant.... In the last 60 years the CCP has been responsible for horrendous atrocities against it's own people and has gotten away with it by censorship, by imprisoning or killing anyone that points out the problems, by controlling exactly what is taught to the Chinese in the mainland and through fear........ and it is STILL going on in China and the invasion of rights is even getting worst.

The CCP has a track record and is still committing atrocities. The values, beliefs and actions of the party all matter......

How does it relate to Hong Kong? How would you feel if you had freedoms, democracy, privacy and basic civil rights and the CCP started encroaching on your rights.

We are NOT just talking about what the CCP did 60 years ago, but what they have consistently done and continue to do.

You are not being honest if you cannot see how it is relevant.

Cult? What do you think the CCP is? They have actually brainwashed Chinese people to think a criticism of the CCP is a criticism of Chinese people, it isn't. It is like a battered wife defending her husband saying he only beats me because I make him mad... don't call his an abuser.

It is interesting that you used "mic drop"..... because the whole idea behind the concept is to be free to express your opinion...... something you cannot do in China unless it is pro CCP.

payaso and D-rock like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

How can you negotiate with a government that has killed 60,000,000 of its own people over the last 60 years, sent 200,000 soldiers to bayonet and kill 10,000 of their own people in the middle of the night and then run over them in tanks and currently has 2,000,000 of their own people in concentration camps?

You cannot negotiate with a government like that....

payaso, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Over a few more Yuan, some people will show their true color. LeYuan James is one of them.

10. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

For you first question no I cannot, nor have I ever said that I did. But what I will say is China is communist, China exerts economic/financial influence to silence those who oppose it, whereas Hong Kong wants more freedoms and has had somewhat autonomous rule from China but not entirely. The US is a democratic country that supports values more in line with what Hong Kong does so if I am going to side with anyone I know who it is.

Please reread what I wrote, I never said the situation was black and white nor have I made any unequivocal or definitive statements, rather I pointed out several times that you did. Case in point "violence = bad" to which I said not always, whose statement there is definitive or unequivocal? Yours not mine!

Also, sorry to burst your bubble but point #3 was violence = bad not whether or not violence was happening, go read the post! (I put it down for you just in case).

Resorting to calling me simple minded does not help your arguments and some may say has the opposite effect.

11. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I can tell you don’t like CCP which is fine but don’t mixed the two issues into one single matter. I am not even going to argue with you on the history which if you care you can google them on your own.

You are using a blanket statement to support your ongoing fuel of Hong Kong issue. The two aren’t the same matter and if you truly suppose of your belief then you wouldn’t be siding with the rioters.

you said there are violence in both sides, which both sides are you referring? The police, rioters or those citizens who standup against the violence?

I see no problem with police having to use force to keep peace. Any countries around the world has used the same tactic as HK police. You don’t have to go far and just look at the couple of weeks on how Europeans are dealing with protestors to compare.

12. tonyj1965

tonyj1965 Member

"I don't think a lot of the people was educated" That sentence shows Lebron's lack of intelligence or grasp of grammar.
    It's "were educated", not "was". How can we take his views seriously?

13. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

This shows how ignorance you are to the facts.

that happened in 1989, this happened in 2019. So you telling me protestors just woke up one morning and decide to protest against the government of HK which is under one country two systems. It has nothing to do with US China trade war and why so many protesters waving the US flag but shouting they want to go back to British.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron doesn’t understand Morey
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

This is ironic, during MLK time majority of the people weren’t siding with him, that movement didn’t come into full fruition until after his death.

See the irony in that? Majority of people against Lebron. Soon we will know the truth.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lebron is far from perfect and he was wrong about HK.

But he is right about social injustice.

Is he a hypocrite? Absolutely.

But that does not minimize the systemic racism that exists in our country.

SC1211, BigMaloe, tycoonchip and 3 others like this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly all this will do is bring light to if black people don't fight for others the same way they are now fighting for themselves they are now ridiculed. Goes back to Doc Rivers interviews. Love others to be hated by others and the one time Lebron doesn't show ultimate love to help Hong Kong now he's a coward and a hypocrite... doesn't America itself operate the same way in regards to protecting white america and saying F everyone else. The drama goes on...

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Lebron was wrong on HK. But it is okay, just own up to it and do better next time.

linvetb6 and Cstyle42 like this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course he was. It wasn't consistent with standing for equality for all. I'm assuming he believes in equality because everyone doesn't. Personally I don't see equality as a possibility... one way or the other someone will always be favored in a situation. It's like saying you could be in a 50/50 relationship vs understanding someone is the head and the other is the tail. With that you accept that fact that some people are just looking out for themselves and are only concerned with themselves. I'm seeing among black culture right now that's what's being valued strongly now due to the injustices and historical lies that has kept so many blacks behind the eight ball in various ways.

Lebron definitely dogged out Hong Kong because he was thinking about himself and his fortunes vs the pure social issue. I know if he could go back he wouldn't have said that merely for political reasons.

D-rock and JumpMan like this.