1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deveney] Danuel House Debunks James Harden’s Selfish Label, Excited for Big Role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excerpt:

Harden spoke highly of House after he was sent back to the G-League, and eventually, House got his new contract. That has stuck with House, especially as he has seen those outside the organization label Harden selfish.

“He is a teammate guy,” House said. “He looks out for the team. He does a lot of stuff for the team. A lot of people think he has got this persona that he’s all about self. You know how people tweet at you, DM you on social media sites when you sometimes check it, it’s like, ‘Wow.’ People think he’s selfish, he is not a selfish guy at all.

“The guy makes sure he looks out for his teammates and all and that things are going smooth. If you feel like you are unhappy about something, you go to him and he will reach out to whoever he needs to reach out to, to make sure you’re happy because he cares about his teammates’ happiness.”

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He should be excited because GG’s season is done...

j/k

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Love it. And I like that House is being treated like part of the team's core this offseason. I'm expecting good things from him.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets hope 2019 playoff house doesn't show up in bunches again

Highlyrated likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Anyone who thinks that Harden is selfish is ignorant and a fool.

alethios, Elephant810, saleem and 4 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This reminds me that I'll need to turn on some candles to send positive vibes his way.

Deckard likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even when House's star was rising last year he made sure everyone knew about Harden's good defense in interviews. Harden needs to hire House to intern with his PR team.

8. fattz

fattz Member

The Rockets seem tight and that is needed to trust one another on the court. The part about going to Harden with issues —> is he like the bearded godfather?

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

More Clemons please.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We should ALL be excited about that - because it makes the Rockets better with House on the floor over GG.

DD

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Don't be ignorant! Don't be a fool!

"I will call you."

--- Donald J. Trump

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Anyone surprised this is a 1 page thread?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Me. Thought that was a good article.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Just when I thought I couldn't love James anymore, this article happened. Will probably be ignored by ESPN.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't like Deveany.

But the article was good and quote heavy. Almost like he was actually reporting.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I am not claiming that Harden is selfish or isn't selfish. But what answer did you expect House to give? You think he's going to burn bridges with the superstar on his team when he finally got his shot to play a significant role on a team with said superstar who has immense pull on team decisions?