1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Impression of Harden and Westbrook Sharing the Court Together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Team chemistry =/= star chemistry. "You ISO, now I ISO, now you ISO." You could see when Chris Paul couldn't ISO anymore, the lack of chemistry became clearer.

subtomic, GermanRoxFan and CometsWin like this.
  2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Way too early

Lets talk about it in January..

D-rock likes this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is gonna be -- how can I put it nicely -- an extremely difficult adjustment. At best, we'll be pretty messed up to start the season. And the question is how long it will take to figure out how to make it work, sort of.

Enjoy the Astros.

4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

And the Texans. Bill O'Brien has the squad believing.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta and Air Yordan like this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

except for the fact that Melo didn't have the acceleration westbrook does, the drive that westbrook does or the passing ability

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Should have kept Paul.

DD

Blatz and theimpossibles1 like this.
  8. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

THATS MY COACH!!!

9. Nook

Nook Member

Paul and Harden had excellent chemistry.

Dwight Howard hasn’t had good chemistry with anyone.

Time will tell with Westbrook, but if it fails it won’t be chemistry, it will be a fit issue.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I understand trading paul but for westbrick? Watching him play today made me want to throw up. Was it Morey who wanted Westbrook or Fertitta? Who ever it was... sucks!

malakas likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't have an impression of the two. It's crowded out by my impression of Fertitta's gigantic ego.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

sure. Westbrook is definitely better than Melo. But I question him being better than Chris Paul. Time will tell.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

The issue isn't just meshing those two with each other, its playing those two with capela that will be a problem. The russ pick and roll is not always going to work out well with capela since they are both poor shooters. Capela can't even finish some of those five foot shots because he doesn't have a good fade away and doesn't have huge lanes to roll down that harden gives him.

I am all for trading capela away when the time is right. He looks like he's lost a step even in transition, and doesn't guard the perimter as well on switches anymore....I am hoping this is truly the "dead leg" that dantoni is speaking of.

We really need a stretch five who can play great defense. but the problem is ….. those are very rare. we look to be in trouble.

Or perhaps just play russ with Anderson off the bench, and then play russ and harden in the fourth with capela sitting. Russ needs to be surrounded by four shooters. We definitely need to be looking for more talent in trades, waiver wire, buyouts....

I'd even consider starting clemons in place of russ.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure, he was terrible with Chris Paul - they only combined to form the best team in basketball, with the #5 and #13 best team offensive performances of all time, and had 2 MVP seasons.

If only he had sacrificed some more, maybe that team could have jelled and done something!

Nook, D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Harden plays too slow. You can tell he doesn’t want to play at a faster temp/pace. This happened with cp3. They started off playing fast and then soon as cp3 missed games, harden took that opportunity to change the identity of the team and slow things down. Westbrook needs faster pace to be effective

bj3175 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

The team will probably be ok when Harden and Westbrook are on the floor together because I expect Harden to take the lead like he usually does. I want to see how the team does when Harden sits and Westbrook is running the offense. We need Westbrook and the Rockets second unit to dominate when Harden sits.

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Adding to my stress this year - Watching WB jack up bricks after bricks. I'll have to up my medication game in hopes to counter this new stress.

gogispade likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great call and very true. I remember having a bunch of uh-oh moments watching that, even once they got to the playoffs. It was so often: Please please do not put your head down. D'oh! There you go. Okay, whew.

IBTL likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Too early to tell. I think defense will end up being the bigger issue but they'll figure it out on offense

D-rock, B-Bob and BaselineFade like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Westbrook is a poor defender and can't shoot the ball - once we get into the playoffs, they will leave him wide open and we will get destroyed.

He is a bad pickup.....Melo part 2.

DD