1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans legend announces his retirement

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No... He didn’t. Why do u think he won the power play with Smith?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why did he win the power play with gaine? He just wanted full control. All reporting said he wanted Brock then changed his mind after he came on the team like he has with multiple players

Nook likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And that was the BS the Texans feed McClain when they signed him. The truth came out after the traded him.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because it wasn’t O’Brien who fired Gaine. It was the Pats Chaplain( thru Cal McNair).

5. Mr. Clutch

Exact opposite. There has never been a report or a quote from O'Brien that he didn't want him. Only speculation and opinion pieces.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

That's even more ridiculous

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah. You are not biased..lol.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He chooses to believe an opinionated article over direct quotes and McClain. I dont think any more hard evidence will change him. BoB defender to the very end.

Not saying mr scarface is a trump defender. But its eerily similar to how republicans refuse to denounce their chosen one even after trump himself release transcripts that collaborate with the whistleblower story.

If u r just gonna outright ignore direct quotes from the source itself and words from an insider/writer like McClain, and stick to your belief that haters are all around its pointless.

#29 DatRocketFan, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  10. Mr. Clutch

It's interesting to me they can't just say "O'Brien screwed up and learned." Instead it's some wild story that absolves him (the head coach) of any responsibility

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

They spin it in the way everything before GM BoB was gm smith's fault, and through an incompetent front office we got division titles through the great leadership of BoB. Our decaying oline? It was gm smiths fault. The sht qbs we had beside watson, gm smith fault. Got sht on in playoffs? We had sht qb and watson was out. Sht clowney trade? It was clowney himself that tanked his value.

Idk how some people can defend this coach to the very end. His only redeeming factor is hes competent enough to win in this division, who some claims to b at the top in terms of quality teams.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

What is scary is he's allowed to trade so many future picks to survive. Thats not good long term imo

DatRocketFan likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I agree, but ima wait until the offseason to see how these BoB defenders spin the offseason signing with all this "cap space" from the sht clowney trade.

Short term = Texans probably will do well enough to get into playoffs to get blasted in the ass due to coaching limitations (i could be wrong, massive improvement during chiefs game)

Long term = unknown, but if u point this out BoB defenders will call u out as a hater for being worried about the future.

I think in general..... GM and Coach should not be the same person, there's a conflict of interest. This season is a prime reason why one person can't do 2 jobs. BoB's job security isn't as safe as one would believe and he literally traded away our future to prolong his coaching career.

Some defenders will claim that picks are overrated, but i rather have some high potential assets rather than no assets.

red5rocket and Mr. Clutch like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Picks are overrated if you fill an essential need. The picks for Tunsil (and Stills) filled a need that MAY change the direction of the franchise (by protecting Protecting Waston). Combine it with Howard and Scharping, you could have your offensive line for the next 4 years or longer.
    Hit rate on 1st round picks is less than 50 percent (Yes, Texans have been way above that). No sure things. Texans have improved the last 2 drafts in picks in rounds 2-5, so not having #1s can be overcome.

You don’t know what happened with Brock, the interaction with O’Brien tells you he was never O’Brien’s choice. The power struggle behind the scenes and the winner tells you alot, whether you choose to believe or not.

O’Brien haters want things to crater, instead of waiting to see. What’s troubling for them, is the Rams just made a similar gamble. The NFL is becoming more like the NBA. Using draft picks to get proven players for faster fixes. It is trending in the right direction for the Texans and the HATERS can’t STAND that BoB may have been right.

15. Mr. Clutch

The Rams did make a similar gamble. As did the bears with Mack. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Retiring as a backup QB at age 28 with a net worth of $20 million - good work if you can get it!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Fking pointless talking to u. If u honestly believe that BoB never wanted Osweiler at all, despite direct quotes and Writer McClain reporting the news, nothings gonna change your mind.

Picks arent overrated, we still have many holes in our team to address, but apparently u think BoB already built the perfect team. Our kicker is spotty our pass defense is iffy also. Injuries can happen in the future and picks are safety nets. Nfl team cant rely on trades for quick fix because theres way too many holes to fill.

Theres been direct quote that from BoB himself that he has been involved with every transactions in the front office during his tenure. But speaking to u is like trying to convince trump is corrupt to trump fans. If u like to believe your own delusional belief, u do u.

All i know is BoB pushed out a team consisting of hoyer, mallet, osweiler, fitzpatrick and savage. His qb talent evaluation is dogsht. Chose savage over watson, hell i bet he didnt even wanted watson, but gm smith "shoved" it down his throat also huh.

With sht talent evaluation u expect this man to overcome lack of first round picks by drafting perfectly in 2-5 round, lol u are more of a BoB fan than i thought.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You keep hating. I’ll just wait to see what happens. LOL

It’s the GM responsibility to get the QB. Rick Smith never did until he traded one of those Precious #1 picks to move up to get Watson.
    Something he finally figured out that you had to do to get that Elite QB prospect. O’Brien got everything he could from **** QBs like Hoyer and Fitzpatrick, but they were not going to win in the playoffs. Savage over Watson...Um, Rumor has it was Rick Smith who wanted to sit Watson to star the season. Not too rush him. Look what happened when he did unless Watson: Mahomes stats before Mahomes.

1st round Picks are overrated if you FIX THE BIGGEST PROBLEM ON YOUR TEAM. The Pats have made am Art of doing it without 1st round picks.

Nobody is relying on 1 thing alone. Everything in the organization (draft, player evaluation and coaching , Free Agents, and trades) is important to win.

Please don’t post anything positive about the Texans since everything that O’Brien touches is ****, according to you. Comeback at the end of the season and gloat you were right...since you can see the future.

Otherwise, this is waste of time.

Keep Hatin’, I’ll wait and see....

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I can do whatever i want. As long as we have watson, i believe we can overcome the sht hc.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Obrien and Brock have a lot in common. BOB has ties with the Patriots, got a coaching job and holds it by saying he can make the new patriots.
    Brock best the patriots and got a mega contract from a team who needs to be the patriots....