1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Syria] US Troop Withdraw

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is some reductive ass debating.

Troops in a foreign region means "war". Your entire argument is hinging on that premise. There is no nuance in your argument. You have very simple and quite frankly naive approach where you have a genuine cause which is "less war" but then transplant that into a child like manner where you cannot comprehend that a non-combat American troop element prevents Waring factions in the case from lobbing ordinance.

AleksandarN likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

If you were "anti-war" you would be in favor of having American personnel in this region not as a combat element but rather as a show of force that prevents Turkey and Assad's regime from lobbing ordinance into said region.

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

War is Peace.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. dmoneybangbang

Lol! We went from how can we “judge a leader” to “well its their civil war”

Oooooooh. I get it. Because you support/live in an authoritarian country that only let’s you see what they want you too.... you don’t understand having the freedom to say or judge things...

You don’t understand freedom. And might is right. The US doesn’t want an adversarial Russia getting more strategic advantage in the region.

Tell me about Taiwan.... what’s their rights? Does China judge them. Whoops.

Lol. It’s for the exact same reason China is insecure about Morey tweet (Twitter is banned in China!).

Superpowers or wannabe superpowers like China have to influence events beyond its border.

#565 dmoneybangbang, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  6. dmoneybangbang

And yet you spew Trump talking points on this issue ... and yet you don’t even understand the events...

Knowledge is ignorance.

7. dmoneybangbang

Or or or... we don’t just pull out a bunch of peace keeping troops, fighting escalates, and then pretend that this is the only way to achieve a goal....

Take a look at yourself where we can only have endless wars or let allies get rolled over and give Iran/Russia a win.

8. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile... this is the letter trump (or someone in his admin) wrote... the world must laugh at us daily...

Big MAK and justtxyank like this.
  9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Nice retort - "you're dumb and like Trump". Try again. I have been against these wars all along, and am fairly knowledgeable on the subject.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/america-handed-iraq-to-iran.99760/#post-1939552
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/weapon-of-mass-disinformation.200767/#post-5953283
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/nyt-from-gook-to-raghead.95670/#post-1839510
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ighters-todays-terrorists.99614/#post-1935207

10. Agent94

Agent94 Member

A civil war is a war. Adding US troops does not change that. Premise intact.

11. fchowd0311

It absolutely ****ing does as our presence put fear into Turkey and Syria in not wanting to accidentally kill US troops which prevented them from causing further destruction in the region.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

What you said is anti-all-war. You use your army as meat shield to stop someone else's war... their Allah could not stop Muslims' war. It is unrealistic, unnecessary and very costly. Trump does not even want to help foreign children at the border. You want him to spend trillions to be a meat shield to help Muslims?

What Trump did is anti-Americans-in-war but pro-war in that region by selling weapons... it is making sense.

13. fchowd0311

The contingent of troops in Syria does not cost trillions of dollars. Most of the absurd DOD money is thrown at defense contractors who charge absurd prices towards the DOD for their tech and equipment because politicians are bribed by these defense contractors through either campaign donations or promises of executive positions at these companies after they leave office.

14. dmoneybangbang

I've already said enough to other people to not have to constantly reply and repeat myself. Let's see if you reply to my other post where you essentially turned this into an absolute....

You're essentially arguing that this is the ONLY way to achieve whatever goal it is you want. That's just absurd.

15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How did that work out in Iraq and Afghanistan?

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Syria is in a state of civil war and putting US troop in the region does not change that fact. We could be there 5 years and it wouldn't change the root cause of Syria's civil war.The temporary effect of US troops on the ground doesn't change a thing in the long run.

You can try to put words in my mouth, but I never said US troops on the ground meant it was a war. I said US troop were in a war which is both factually correct and my intended meaning. I even insinuated they were like military advisors in Vietnam which was a similar scenario where we placed troops into the middle of a civil war.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Russian ambassador yesterday :

He critisized why Athens signed a defense deal with Washington recently.
    They already control FYROM and have huge influence in Bulgaria.
    For the past 3 years they have increased their efforts to undermine our links with NATO.

They found a golden opportunity for propaganda.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol sounds like a very desperate used car salesman at the end of the month

"Let's work out a good a deal... I'll call you later"

19. NewRoxFan

trump is a continual embarrassment...

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine