1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans, here's your new cornerback!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sooty, Sep 16, 2019.

1. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

They were killing BoB in media for awhile after the trade so i don't get your whole texans spinning it to make him look good. They wouldn't be talking about its a bad trade on 610 if the Texans were trying to make it look better than it was. At the end of the day they diddn't want to pay him and a better trade wasn't out there otherwise they would have taken it. At worst they got back a pick better than the compensation pick they would have gotten if he left as FA, and they got a young LB in Jacob Martin who has had several impressive and impactful pass rushes so far this season. Not to mention they slid Whitney back into his natural pass rush position and he has been lights out so far. Like i said i don't particularly like the trade but it's not as bad as you guys make it seem.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

bad is bad. U cant spin trading a competent first rounder for next to nothing plus cash to be a good trade or even a solid trade. We mishandled the clowney situation.

The media fleece BoB as a loser in this trade. Texans media and talking head put out some bs that no one is offering anything better than a 3rd rounder which is bs.

No one = competing team, not sht noncompetitive team that clowney doesnt want to join. Reason y situation was mishandled was cause we waited too long to address the clowney situation due to an incompetent front office.
    This gives clowney leverage, if u didnt want to extend his ass trade him. Not wait until the very last second.

Think logically, in what world is it a good trade to give a pro bowler to an opposing competitive team plus paying off the player's contract while getting lower value draft picks? Already getting screwed in a sht trade, why pay them?

#182 DatRocketFan, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

shouldn’t be worrying if they got better offers or not. They did. But the dumbest thing they did was the timing. They could have traded Clowney and a first for Tunsil but Clowney said he wouldn’t sign the tag. We gave Clowney too much power. THAT was the biggest mistake.

Nimo and DatRocketFan like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ramsey would not be a Free Agent til 2021.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one offered a 1st or a 2nd for Clowney.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I bet you they would now

7. CrazyJoeDavola

I am suggesting it's possible that they declined better offers before 7/15 hoping for a better one before they were compromised by the 7/15 deadline and Clowney only wanting to be traded to Seattle.

Otherwise, yes, we obviously got the best trade we could get because Seattle was the only trading partner available. We had no other option other than to take it or leave it.

8. CrazyJoeDavola

Again, link?

Otherwise, your are just guessing.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Who? Clowney’s numbers are not special. Remember...it is about the contract. Tunsil and Ramsey had 2 years of control (including the current one). That is huge. Clowney wants closer to Donald or Mack money than Clark money. Could someone offer a 2nd now because of need? Possibly. I think it was worth the Texans to free up other players by getting rid of Clowney when they did. I still say as Jacob Martin learns the D, he will make the trade look better.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We have to make a move even with Jospeh coming back.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Are there even any elite CB's left on the market?

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Maybe Chris Harris Jr? Broncos kinda suck.. Xavien Howard would be nice lol. Just trying to think of crappy teams with good corners. I know they said no to trading PP, but so did the jags about Ramsey.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Xavier Rhodes