1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Syria] US Troop Withdraw

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's a dumbass. He is essentially what a @dachuda86 presidency would look like.

AleksandarN, superfob and CometsWin like this.
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Its not that complex. The U.S. can not be the world police. Our presence in the Middle East has made everything worse. Your reasoning leads to endless war. WWI and WWII combined was 10 years. We have been in the Middle East wars for 16. Its the type of reasoning that led to our extended presence in Vietnam, all of which did nothing. Did war grow after we left? 40 years from now this will all be seen as a quagmire that cost trillions of dollars, and accomplished nothing except to enrich war racketeers.

Okay Mr. easily offended. I don't listen to Trump, he is a moron, but a broken clock is right twice a day. Apparently the Trump reality distortion field prevents you from seeing anything he does as good. The fact that you quote Bill Kristol is telling. You would probably disagree with everything he believes in, but he bashed Trump, so its worth posting.

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

So you can judge the leader of foreign country being loved or not loved by their people? Did you do the survey? and you have the rights to invade that country, kill their people and execute their leader? How is this not a war crime?

Get out of there, warmongers, if you still have some human elements left in you.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We have 39 military bases in Germany.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

I am not offended by you at all. I was suggesting a way for you to avoid my posts. Nothing more or less.

I quoted Bill Kristol. I do a lot. I also quote George Will, Max Boot, Stephen Hayes, Jonah Goldberg, David From, and David French. I also quote numerous centrist and liberal commentators too. So how is that "telling"?

I have also started the one thread titled "kudos to trump". Posted in it a number of times.

btw, you reduce America's foreign affairs to being "the world's police". That is an incredibly simplistic view.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

And Guantanamo is a military base left over from the Spanish-American war. I don't think we should have military bases in Germany. What's does this have to do with Syria? Do you think we need more military bases around the world or not? Maybe we are going for a base in every country in the Middle East. A real world game of Risk.

8. NewRoxFan

The number of trump lies has escalated...

9. NewRoxFan

At some point graham, romney and others might get together and create a body of elected officials that might stand up to an executive branch run a muck. They may even give it a name... the United States Senate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Exactly. When the people revolt against an authoritarian leader, that’s a pretty good clue. I realize being a tool of China, it’s hard to see that.

Why do you support Assad killing his own people and using chemical weapons against them? Do you support Tiananamin Square?

It’s a Hobbesian World. How is executing your own people and using chemical weapons against them not a war crime?

You must be supporting the Turkish actions against the Kurds Mr War Monger. Where’s your humanity for the Kurds? Why are you letting them be executed by the Turkish army?

Where’s the outage for Chinese re education camp? Where’s the human element? Whoops!

11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I don't know your politics, but I assumed the Trump hate came from the left. If so, agreeing with neocons would be telling because you would only be agreeing with them because they disagree with Trump, not because you believe in their principles. But maybe your hate Trump because you are a neocon and/or believe in their stupid Pax Americana. I don't know. Either way, I disagree with you because the endless regime change wars are costly for America both morally and financially and are making the world more unstable.

There are a lot of ways to handle foreign affairs. War is the immoral, expensive and stupid way to do it.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

US troops in the region were not fighting a war. US troops in the region were not going out in combat patrols as victor battalion units like we were in Afghanistan and Iraq. They were there as a show of force to PREVENT a war from happening. You keep on ignoring that point. Their entire presence there was to be a shield against Turkey and Assad bombing the region along with training Kurd forces and making sure the ISIS detainees that were captured by Kurd forces were being properly detained and secured. That was their mission there. It wasn't to fight a war. Your view on this is very child like and binary.

13. dmoneybangbang

We have more troops near Saudi and Kuwait...are they being removed?

Leaving a small contingent of troops to prevent an escalation seems prudent.... The fact that Trump did this without the knowledge of his staff says a lot about the thoughtfulness of this move.

It’s okay to think for yourself and not think whatever Trump tells you to think....

#553 dmoneybangbang, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

The Trump supporters are presenting this as an absolute statement.... like if we don’t let Turkey roll over the Kurds then we will be stuck there forever...

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. WNBA

WNBA Member

Assad killing or not can only be judged by Syrian people. It is a civil war. It is their war.

Not me, not Trump, not you or anyone else has the rights to judge or to go in to kill their people for the your 'presence'. Syria is not your business. Syria people will decide Syria, Assad's fate. Not the country who is seeking 'presence' on their land.

Again why do I support or not support Turk's war??? Not my business. The war was there for 50 years. it is too late to pretend you care.

I totally support and applaud for the re-education camp. It saved hundreds of lives. No terrorist attacks for 3 years in China. No innocent people were killed, even no extreme Muslims were killed in 3 years! I like the idea. Muslims like the idea. Even their most vocal relative Turks did not complain. I hope it could happen 50 years earlier. The peace hating fuss made by Western Muslim killers is funny.

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I'm not a Republican and definitely not a Trump supporter. Go ahead and continue your circle jerk and assume everyone who disagrees with you is a member of the other tribe. Calling trump a moron and the neocons asshats might have clued you in on that. You telling me to think for myself is ironic.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why would anyone think you support Trump?

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Syria is a war. You can call our troops military advisors if you like (that sounds familiar), but it doesn't change the fact that we have troops in a war. How long are we going to keep troops in Syria? As soon as we leave a **** storm will inevitably ensue. Trump ****ed up like he usually does, but the result will be the same 2, 5 or 10 years down the road. Might as well rip the band-aide.

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

No clue. If anti-war is now pro Trump then you guys are really in a ****ed up state of mind and need to take a look at yourselves.

HTM likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is just so pathetic
    People listened to this guy

Rocket River