1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would u give up 15% of your income to support HK protest?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingLeoric, Oct 16, 2019.

?

Would u give up 15% of your income to support HK protest?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    76.8%
  1. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Hell 'll freeze over before I spent my money on HK. Don't care about them as much you all here want to pretend you do. If you can't donate money, take a day off work and make signs and find a significant place in your city that will notice how much you care about HK and spend some of your time, which is money, to support HK.

Lovemachine2000 and sirbaihu like this.
  2. Sanity2disChaos

Agreed...We need to tend to our own yard.

Racist are the most ignorant people in the world.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Americans do give tons of tipping money.

Europeans usually just give 5% or 10%. So probably maximum 3% for me.

Also I am thinking he meant 15% of your income but only for 1 month. And not recurring.

4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Clutchfans for the most part are sticking up more for Morey than for Hong Kong protestors. The most we'd give is some internet outrage points directed at China - and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. For 15 full minutes, we all posted and tweeted about government oppression in China, we complained about LeBron's response to Morey.

But give it a few weeks, all the players will shut up and dribble, Morey (after deleting his tweet) will shut up and manage. And we as formerly outraged fans, will shut up and watch with Hong Kong democracy being the furthest from our minds.

5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

This is silly. LBJ did not have to say anything about China or Hong Kong or Daryl. China is not going to ban the entire NBA because 1 GM tweeted something. They may be contributing 30% revenues for the NBA but they are not giving it for free. They themselves are generating revenues through the NBA. China is just bullying with threats and league and players threw up the white flag rather than standing up for their own for taking a moral stand or merely just expressing his opinion.

And to answer your question, if I am making $37 mil just from NBA salary alone, then yeah i wouldn't mind giving up 15% to have a moral opinion.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think so.

If you go to any other NBA forum, like the reddit, the sentiments are the same and people there usually hate the Rockets, Morey, and Harden.

Even the Lakers fan places were sticking up for Morey over Lebron...

Will people still watch the games in the USA? Yeah, sure, and they should. I don't think it would make sense to boycott the NBA, that still does nothing for Hong Kong.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

that would’ve been the case by next week if Lebron didn’t say anything...the situation was already dying down after barely 1 week...we were already seeing reports that China was backing down

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

You are cherry-picking comments made by few idiots. You will find similar idiots even in America too so you are going to paint the entire country with the same brush?

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I love all the people saying "Of course I'll be moral if I'm rich!"
    So it's a money question for the "moral" people too then. . . .

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"But the next year, in 2008, James spoke out about Darfur on ESPN: "At the end of the day we're talking about human rights. And people should understand that human rights and people's lives are in jeopardy. We're not talking about contracts here. We're not talking about money. We're talking about people's lives being lost and that means a lot more to me than some money or a contract."

As you add zeros it means less.

LeBron is far from alone in having a price, but obviously, he has one.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ah, the Chinese moving target continues. First Morey had no right to discuss HK, then he was misinformed about the violence and looting, now we see posters asking other posters would you put your money where your mouth is. It's cute really. Let's keep moving that goal post until it somehow becomes, "so if you had to choose to support Hitler or Xi who would you support?"

The NBA season is 6 days away, hopefully by then this gets the GARM somewhat back to normal.

heypartner likes this.
  12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

No, you are twisting this. Having morals and expressing your moral opinions about certain issues are two different things. Someone making millions compared to someone earning to survive and put food on a plate for their family may refrain from expressing consequential moral opinions, but can still have moral values end of the day.

#52 Magicsaint, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I see your choice, good for u.

I do believe different people may choose differently tho, even in the $37M case. 5.5M is a lot of money.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did Morey stand for "these kind of comments" or you just have NO CLUES what he stands for?

When Yuli Gurriel made a racist gesture towards an Asian player, did you call for people to boycott the Astros?

Do you dare to post the similar or even worse comments of the China NBA fans on NBA black players on their fan site?

Stop being a brainwashed moron and learn how to be a normal human being.

#54 Texanasiafan, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Of course he never saw any videos of those Heat and Cavalier fans burning LBJ jerseys.

16. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

Good thing i dont get paid a lot!

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know the exact number,

but I think Les Alexander gave up 99% of the Rockets identity to China and forgot about Houston
    That's why we are in this situation today

Proof?

City uniforms

[​IMG]

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Many are still missing the point.

Kerr is a coward and a hypocrite.

LeBron is taking it to a completely different level. He is demanding retribution because another individual used their right to freedom of speech, thus causing him loss in revenue. LeBron deserves to be locked up in a concentration camp and his freedom of speech revoked.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Does Morey support and stand for only because these people will wear and wave the America flags and putting up a sign to thank Rubio and even Trump?

Or he actually stand for something else?

what does it matter most in these pictures? the American flag? the signs?

Or actually could be the number of people that wiling to come out and keep fighting for what they deserved?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't donate 15% of my income regardless of how rich I was towards the HK situation personally. Like someone said earlier, I am sympathetic to the situation the innocent civilians have found themselves pulled into, but I simply don't care enough about the overall political situation do speak or act out in protest. I rather continue with my existing donations to local and national charities as well as the occasional natural disaster relief.