1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just watched it. Good, but not great. Kinda like getting an extra 2 BB episodes explaining other stuff.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

I watched it on the way back from a work trip.

I wouldn't call it a movie...more of an extended after the credits scene that shows what happened.
    And once you are done watching it, you are like oh cool. what was the point of that again?
    But hey at the end of the day, any breaking bad stuff is as addictive to the viewers as the blue meth.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is a lot of fun.

K mf G likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was enjoyable, but completely unnecessary addition to Breaking Bad. Purely made for money, which is disappointing.

At the very least...it didn’t ruin Breaking Bad or anything.

VanityHalfBlack and Sajan like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I liked it. It was good to see Jessie have a good ending after all the **** he endured. The flashbacks were cool. If I was rating it as a bb episode I’d give it 7/10.

Uprising likes this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

My only question is...how did he keep his teeth so white?

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I expected a bit more to it and came away disappointed. I also don’t buy what Jesse did at the welding company although it made for an intense moment. Could have been better imo. But, it’s Vince’s story so whatever.

Sajan and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I feel like only die hard Breaking Bad fans would enjoy this film. It was probably made for them and it give them some closure with Jesse

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This was more like a two-episodes continuation of a long arc than a movie. I enjoyed it, still.
    Gilligan might not be suited for the 2-hr movie genre, but boy can he make any scene interesting and work full seasons.

for the three sequel movies of TV shows this yr, ranked against Firefly:

Serenity/Firefly
    Downton Abbey
    Deadwood
    El Camino/BB

#69 heypartner, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    peleincubus likes this.
  10. body slam

body slam Member

it was good not great, but it did give closure to Jesse's story.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Big fan of BB (although it's very vague in my mind now). Fan of BCS. Thought this was enjoyable but also completely unnecessary and not great. Glad to have it though. But I'll never watch it again.

Uprising likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Same exact thing I feel. I don’t see a reason to watch that again. Maybe 10+ years from now if I watch the series again.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Anyone else notice Marla Gibbs from The Jeffersons being in this?

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed with everyone else. Pretty enjoyable, gives good closure for Jesse. Didn't add much other than that. Good tense moments. Gilligan tells a good story and frames scenes very well.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

That was a lot of Todd.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

And he never lost the weight from Fargo.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should have had some Jimmy McGill in it.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, it's been too long. I guess the feels from that last season compelled me to expect more from this movie.

I guess everything was accurate. He really wasn't the brains of the operation, so there wasn't room to turn things around in a clever way like his old partner.

Not enough WW. Heck, I wanted more time with Badger and Skinny Pete than Fatt Damon

The other thing that bothered me is that I half expected to see what Jesse chose to do with his new life, esp after that flashback. That was the buildup to all of this, or so I thought.

I haven't seen more than s2 of BCS, but I guess that opens things up for a tie in while giving Aaron Paul a nice paycheck from being out of sight since the finale....

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I thought it was kind of a distracting cameo - a famous maid buying a vacuum. Put her anywhere else in the movie and it's not an issue..but buying a vacuum? Really?

20. SuraGotMadHops

Me too, that is my only gripe with the movie. It's great that we see him be able to start a new life in Alaska with a big bag of money, but I would have liked just a couple of scenes of him getting set up with a peaceful life out there. Possibly carpentry and he can make crafts and furniture with the same care and attention that he did the small box he sold for drug money - but this time he enjoys the actual fruits of his creations. Also, it would be nice to see Jesse relaxed and at ease with his new life, to contrast with Saul who is living a paranoid and scared existence in Omaha.

#80 SuraGotMadHops, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Yung-T and Invisible Fan like this.