1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I agree. What Morey did was foolish. However **** hypocrite lbj

If you make yourself a keyboard warrior for human rights domestically then post that **** you are a fool

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What was foolish about?

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what would Lebron's reaction be to the situation if this happened in the United States and it were an African American Child. If Daryl Morey Stood up against that sort of injustice would he still be "uneducated" in the matter?

4. Miracle

Miracle Member

Being smart does not mean that he knows everything or cannot make a mistake. The ramification is likely much worse than he could have imagined. Had he known that, there would be better means to support HKers than posting a tweet and putting the entire league into trouble. However, it is your prerogative to believe whatever you want to believe since there is no way to prove or disprove what Morey was thinking anyway.

5. fchowd0311

I feel like LeBron is pretty tribal and dare I say it racist towards non inner city black folks. I remember a
    Maybe my hubris isn't as high as yours where i understand that I'm not as intelligent as Morey and if I can forsee the consequences, he could also.

dreamshakin, malakas and J-rizzle like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Please elaborate on LeBron being towards non inner city black folks. I'm not arguing it. You have just peeked my curiosity. I've never heard this criticism before.

7. fchowd0311

It's an assumption not based on much so you won't see me strongly defending it and now I regret posting it honestly. He did say before that he did feel uncomfortable around white majority areas but I can see where he is coming from in that regard. Then again, if a white person said they felt uncomfortable in black majority neighborhoods, they would be labeled racist.

He did tell a white crying kid that was exited to see him who was a Lebron fan to not cry in public when he saw him which I thought was kinda heartless but then again he might say that to any kid regardless of race.

#547 fchowd0311, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    BaselineFade likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's out of loop because he's living in a country with TONS of other stuff he can protest right now. Before we stand for Hong Kong, how about the injustice going on in America? How about the criminal activities currently going on in the WH? He's blinded by his privilege

9. WestendMassive

I find this statement really bizarre - do you honestly think that the USA has a monopoly on freedom? There are many, many, many countries in the world where citizens would consider themselves to be free. There's possibly even a lot of countries where citizens would enjoy a less oppressive or intrusive government than what's in place in the US.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

How much time does it take to invest in tweeting something? Are you even trying to make a serious argument here or are you trolling?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron will have Hong Kong protestors at Lakers games
    I hope they show up in droves
    Then the lakers are now China’s favorite team
    They’ll see the protesters all the time on tv
    Witness

tycoonchip likes this.
  12. Miracle

Miracle Member

Had he known the potential of costing the Rockets all their Chinese partners, he would be smart enough to find an alternative way to support HKers while still keep all the Chinese relationships.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just because Morey didn't tweet about stuff in America, doesn't mean he doesn't care about stuff in America.

In other news, @rocketchamp is Kendrick Perkins, confirmed.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So the Hong Kong rioters don't believe in free speech either? ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We have the most prisons in the world.

16. banzai

So now, Lebron is a communist!!!!

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. banzai

That Political Science degree is really coming in handy right about now... oh wait... did they have that in high school?

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Again, your statement is completely wrong. Both a 3 part (judicial, executive, and legislative) government and the concept of check and balance were not revolutionary ideas conceived by the US. Just ask any world history professor and they can verify this for you. The former was conceived by Ancient Rome and the latter by a French philosopher (try reading Montesquieu’s The Spirit of Laws). In fact, many countries already had their own checks and balances type system even before the US was a twinkle in the Earth's eye. Even the concept of impeachment existed before the US's creation. You keep trying to decry Athens and Ancient Rome, but guess what, that is where much of the framework of our government came from, that and individuals like Montesquieu, Locke, Hobbes, Rousseau, and Blackstone.

Best model? That's laughably arrogant considering we were purposely created to be a weak, inefficient government that accomplishes little by design. Coming off the American Revolution and the perceived tyranny from Britain, creating a strong government was most colonists' worst fear. Assuming there is no corruption, the best type of government is a completely centralized one that can keep constant internal communication and perform efficient decision making towards the betterment of its populace. The downside is that men exist and men of power or seeks power are typically corruptible and will eventually make decisions detrimental to the citizenship.

Now where America did have some ideas that could be called revolutionary was our implementation and heavy emphasis of popular sovereignty and what is known today as modern federalism. This was less a new concept and more an evolution of political philosophy molded by the unique environment that the new independent colonies found themselves in. Here we had basically provincial governments in an isolated country with abundant resources away from any other developed countries where the populace had a healthy dosage of fear of strong governments (taxation without representation). There is a reason why almost no governments have actually properly succeeded copying our exact government, because it is more than a government model that allowed the US to work, but rather right place, right time. While a lot of countries borrowed some of the pre-US conceptions that we developed and put into practice, the Parliament system has much greater global influence in terms of actual government model being implemented.

The US government is unique just like other governments are unique in that they evolved from the learned mistakes of their predecessors. The reason they were able to emphasize the 2 actually more unique aspects (popular sovereignty and modern federalism) is more due to our geographical location and general political atmosphere at the time however and less about some notion of revolutionary ideas. If this was taking place in a country within Europe or Asia that succeeded in declaring independence for example, it would have never worked.

By extension, the fact that the US was so isolated from the rest of the developed world is also why we were able to grow as rapidly and well as we did. The fact that we developed as well we did was far more influenced by that than anything else.

malakas likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

LOL Lebron knows so much with his MIT education... wait

Man, shut up and dribble.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I forgot how much i dislike this player. My hatred for KD's p***y move shadowed the sht Lebron pulled to get a ring.

I find it kinda stupid, he defends the kneeling protest during national anthem (righteous cause in my opinion), but sht's on Morey for his freedom of speech against a Communist regime?

How can u protest police brutality and defend China, a communist nation willing to use the police to inflict severe injuries or bodily harm to protestors? what is this hypocritical or ironic?

Tiananmen square, look it up before bashing on morey for being uneducated.

viertelasiat likes this.