1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have a bitter taste in my mouth [harden, lebron--all these guys]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Here’s some advice. Athletes are really only special on the court/field. You shouldn’t get that invested in them anywhere else because the reality is that most of them are basically pretty average everywhere else. Enjoy them during the games and forget about them the rest of the time. They are there to entertain you, not to guide you politically. Find someone else for that. There are way better options.

Mathloom and hvic like this.
  2. Possum

Possum Member

James stressed that he did not consider Morey to be "misinformed" about his understanding of the Hong Kong protests. Instead, James believed Morey remained "misinformed" on how China would react to his tweet. James reiterated that message in a pair of tweets shortly after speaking to reporters.

So he understands what’s going on in Hong Kong and he’s upset about how China would react? In other words his tweet
    Lebron James
    -Injustice Anywhere Is A Threat To Justice Everywhere- Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become Silent About Things That Matter- #ThankYouMLK50

Should of been followed by the hashtag #unlessiteffectsmymoney!
    Again he totally understands the situation but chooses to stay silent. Why? Everyone knows why. He’s a coward plain and simple.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I honestly would have had no real problem with LeBron keeping his mouth shut. It would have bothered me a little, but I tend to agree it's not their responsibility to comment on every social issue that crosses their path.

But to actively insult and demand punishment for somebody who did choose to speak up, that is not f**king OK. And anybody who thinks it is, well f**k em.

And I am starting to get pissed with people equating LeBron criticism with Trump supporters. Even those of us that hate Trump think this was a spineless sellout move.

BruceAndre likes this.
  4. Possum

Possum Member

Oh stop please lol I’m not wasting time and filling this board arguing with the likes of you. Your nothing more than another Todd full of hate and bad information. You go on and enjoy you’re hate filled life arguing with other people who are as miserable as you. I have better things to do. You obviously don’t.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Translation:

"I'm really an intellectual coward who really can't hold my own in a substantive debate. Please don't expose me."

Gotcha. I'll let you make it. Have a good night sir.

Reeko likes this.
  6. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

I thought he championed himself as someone who is sick and tired of unarmed black people being killed by police or wannabe police (in zimmerman's case).

i'm guessing no one is attacking you for caring more about hong kong than you do domestic issues like the above.

i guess we're all hypocrites.

#86 hashmander, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    BaselineFade likes this.
  7. hashmander

8. Possum

Possum Member

Translation:” I’m a miserable person who likes to argue with people online because my offline life is so crappy I have nothing better to do. Please trade meaningless barbs with me knowing full well neither of us will ever change the others mind so that my life will have some meaning.”

Sorry pal I’ve slummed there before and have no desire to go back. Maybe when you reach puberty And you mature you will see what I mean.

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. That's really funny. Remember that you came at me first with the personal insults. I personally don't choose to do that. I like sticking to the topic at hand. That's a sign of someone who is comfortable in their own skin. Generally a happy person. On the other hand you have the classic keyboard warriors like yourself. You enjoy taking cheap shots and lobbing insults at any and everyone that you even slightly disagree with.This is a true sign of misery.

Your of obsession with LBJ being a SJW, and his money, rather than the people of Hong Kong, or the folks being held in concentration camps reveals your true character.

Unfortunately I let you pull me down into the slums with you today. First time I've ever reacted like that to anyone on this forum.

Study social media personality types then get back to me. You may learn a little something about yourself. Nice try though. Good effort.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Oh please you aren’t even understanding the point. It’s a lot harder to back causes that might affect you personally and financially, vs popular causes that won’t. It’s hypocrisy at its finest

Possum likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Harden had said, "I'm not educated enough to comment on this," he'd be alright.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I teach rhetoric, and I haven't read this thread bc I'm busy with raising tiny humans to take advantage of freedom's bounty, but it is nice that Morey has united most principled Americans. For once, we're not discussing how morally/economically compromised our president is. Of course, if money is the only American ethos, then I guess I missed out on your hellbound pot luck. Good luck in hell. Cheers!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus man. I concede that LeBron didn't want to say anything that could cost him even more money. Yes he put his financial interests over the people of HK. I never said that he didn't. But to use this as an opportunity to try to erase what he's done in own community and for black youths is down right evil. Is it at all possible that he cares about the plight of the community that he grew up in, while having a disconnect when it comes to plight of people on the other side of the world? Isn't that how most folks are wired?

I'm not defending his stance on Morey, but I can kind of understand how potentially losing that much future income can make a man bitter. He is human. He was obviously still emotional when he spoke about Morey.

Hypocrites calling out hypocrites not because they care about the issue, but just to play some kind of twisted gotcha game is just a bit much for me. I know exactly who some of these critics really are based on their history.

But it's all good. I'm done with this madness. Feast on LBJ, Pop, Kerr or any SJW's until your heart is content. I'm ready to get back to basketball.

hashmander and Reeko like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree, shouldn’t take away from prior philanthropy. But can’t label yourself as “more than an athlete” etc. going to make an extreme analogy here. David duke only caring for white youth and in instances it would cement his claim as a supremacist shouldn’t warrant a guy that’s for “the people”. He’s for a “group” of people

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he just extended his chinese fans basic gratitude for the hospitality they extended him

16. Possum

Possum Member

Lol a, I'm rubber you’re glue rebuttals. Yeah your debating skills are top notch hahaha.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. hashmander

any bitter taste about these?

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Can't really be that upset at guys not being too worried about the country that loves their culture but despises their race.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There are some people on this board that think the sky is green and the grass is blue. It is not worth one's time arguing with them.

BaselineFade likes this.