1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Uhh, "so many layers of hypocritical presumption" yet you don't name any of them. Just because the posters on this board may not know what the situation is like, means you automatically assume Daryl Morey doesn't know of the situation? That only makes sense if Morey is a poster on this board.

All Morey tweeted was "fight for freedom. stand with Hong Kong." How in the world does this mean he's speaking against the will of the people of Hong Kong? Yet another assumption by you.

How am I criticizing LeBron for exercising his freedom of speech? Yet ANOTHER assumption by you. You're 0/3 at this point, if you're keeping track at home. And I'm purely talking about the poster randomly bashing Kanter for no reason, something you don't even address.

Lastly, "bitterly satirical?" Take a step back from the thesaurus, friend, and focus on actually reading your fellow posters' posts, because I have no idea why you quoted me, as nothing in your post seems to make sense.

The reason why everyone is up in arms over LeBron isn't that he said things, but it's what he said.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

this moron really doubled down

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess the point is, when they wrote "all men are created equal," pretty sure they meant "all white straight male are created equal." Context is everything.

But you can't really blame them. We are all shaped by the culture we were born into. In a sense, that is a kind of "brainwashing" by our environment.

Remlap likes this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Fk LeBron and LeLakers

MIT education vs a high school degree. Ok

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Quite the assumption for you to believe I'm not aware of this

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

If anyone here believes Morey didn't know exactly what he was doing with that tweet, including the timing of it, then you are the bigger fool.
    He dropped a bomb just before the NBA was about to kick off preseason and activities in China.

I would even say he probably did it to spite the NBA for the way the league has handled officiating and contracts for the Rockets..latest blow being the Nene contract.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I had this same thought and I really hope he did it on purpose. F”&* the rigged NBA. They get what they deserve!!

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wouldn’t this imply that Morey’s primary motivation is simply using the situation in HK as a means of getting back at the NBA?

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

What does Nba union leader, Chris Paul, have to say about this???

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Smart like a Fox, Morey is.

He knew what he was doing.

Sajan likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

I would say he knew the side effect of it but didn't get a f.

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

She's hot. I believe her

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why Morey should be praised if his main reason for tweeting about HK was because he knew it would make China upset with the NBA and wanted to get back at Adam Silver

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Welcome to the wild world of 6D Yahtzee.

Richie_Rich and RudyTBag like this.
  15. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

clutchdabear and BigShasta like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Most ordinary slaves after a while found it acceptable too. Except those who didn't and got shot.
    If you only know slavery all your life what do you know?

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Thank God he didn't consider us in free agency. I honestly hope he blows out every tendon in both legs in the first game.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Kindest interpretation of what LBJ was trying to say is that it's unprofessional to say things that offend customers and do significant financial damage to your coworkers and employer. That argument has merit.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well looks like LeBron is finally going to just shut up and dribble.

It's kinda sad really. Never cared for him but respected him for speaking out on social issues. But I can't believe he threw all that way for some extra Space Jam revenue and shoe sales.

20. malakas

malakas Member

According to Lebron , America should have first become heaven on earth with no problems whatsoever before they intervened and helped stopping the Holocaust.

clutchdabear likes this.