1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald possibly out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Oct 15, 2019.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This just all but guaranteed that Chris Clemmons is making the 15 man roster

Russ/Rivers/Clemmons
    Beard/Mclemore
    Gordon/House
    Tucker/Thabo/Anderson/Clark
    CC/Chandler/Nene/Hart

2 way: Ponds/Blossomgame or Spalding

Anyone think this isn't the case?

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Sorry Harden, Keith Jones is the only untouchable on the rockets

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

The saddest part is that at Gerald's age missing a year and having a major injury to rehab from might just mean the end of his career. Maybe we give him a loyalty contract to stay on next year (I do kind of hope so), but I can't imagine any other team lining up to take a gamble on a 34 year old chucker with a fragile foot who was already just about out of the league before we reclaimed him.

#43 CDrex, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    BasketMAD, malakas and RudyTBag like this.
  4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No - DPE is for the lesser of half the player's salary or the MLE. Since Gerald's a min contract, we're "eligible" for "half a min contract", but of course everyone already has unlimited cap exceptions for signing min contracts.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

why in the world would you want Corey Brewer?

IvanLCPM, Smacktle, malakas and 3 others like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i believe my only post in the raptors game thread was inquiring about GG's injury status. i had a bad feeling from the beginning, the way he just left the court straight to the lockerroom. feel really sad for this guy, he said he had worked all summer on his shot and conditioning to be part of a title run. the thing i feel good about is whether his shot or his brain were working, he always gave everything on the court with passion for the game and the city. so i'm sure he has no regrets right now if this ends up being the end of his run.

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

hopefully not they should be able to get this thing nailed down

8. Mr. Space City

Rockets will be fine but this really sucks for Gerald. I hope this isn't the end of his career.

jcf and RudyTBag like this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This might be it for Gerald :(

10. ACL1

ACL1 Member

as someone who treats and repairs Lisfranc fractures in my practice, i can tell you he is definitely done for the season. now if its just a Lisfranc's sprain he maybe able to comeback next year, if its a Lisfranc's fracture with dislocation ( there are different types), his career may be over .
    do definitely feel bad for him, one my favorite all time Rockets for his loyalty to the team and the city .

11. jcf

jcf Member

Huh?

12. Chamillionaire

Very unfortunate. Glad he got to finish his career here though.

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Seeing him still get his head near the rim at his age this off season I thought maybe he had some insane genetics, I had never seen him get injured, he seemed fearless going up I am assuming because he never had a major injury.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

thabo is not a power forward

15. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

dangit, I really feel bad for Gerald. He definitely always had Houston's back

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No use arguing. D'Antoni has been using him at the 4, and fully plans to ... at the beginning of season, at least.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-James-Harden-getting-in-playing-14493907.php

Power plan for Sefolosha

Most of Thabo Sefolosha’s playing time in the Rockets’ second preseason game came at power forward. This was not an experiment. It is the plan.

A 6-foot-7 small forward through most of his 13-year career, Sefolosha will likely work as a backup power forward behind P.J. Tucker and possibly Danuel House Jr., depending on House’s playing time at small forward.

He’ll play a four,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said. “If he plays, it will be (as) a four. We’ll have Danuel House and Gerald (Green). Three is pretty loaded with Eric (Gordon) and everybody else. That (power forward spot) will be Sefolosha’s spot.
    “Thabo looked good. Just his energy and smartness, he played really well.”

Sefolosha, who made 40.7 percent of his 3-pointers the past two seasons with the Utah Jazz, took just one shot, a 3 that he missed. But he had four rebounds and a pair assists, including one on a nice pass to set up a Tyson Chandler dunk when he attacked a closeout.

Sefolosha’s shooting range is no longer the novelty at the power forward spot it once was with the Rockets in particular keeping a shooter at the position at all times. But if that takes away some of the advantage that once came when power forwards had to defend at the 3-point line, it does make the transition easier.

“It’s just a matter of learning to play a different position,” Sefolosha said. “As the camp is going along, I’m feeling more and more comfortable with everything we’re trying to do offensively and defensively. I’m pretty comfortable at this spot.

“It seems like everybody knows that people can shoot. It’s four guys outside and one closer to the paint. I think I’m moving enough. I know teams like to switch. I’m picking my spots to offensive rebound, just take advantage of what the defense gives us.”

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He looks like he stitches up different body parts together and calls it a success.

18. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

I would like to bring back Luc. But didn't he refuse an invitation from us over the summer?

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I like Gerald just like everyone else. But, lets face it. He shoots 35% from three and is a poor defender. We can overcome this.

jcmoon and CRJ713 like this.
  20. Sanity2disChaos

hate to see it.

bulkatron likes this.