1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wife has the 3A. It's great; the camera is great. You will like it.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ve decided to go back to rotary

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and Roc Paint like this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Anyone else snag a Pixel 4/xl? Was able to get a orange 128 before it sold out. Sucks the Pixel buds won't be available until spring. Pre-ordered the Jabra 75t instead.

No complaints with this Samsung S10+ I've been using. Performance had been the best if any Android phone I've used. Apps stayed in memory for days. Pretty incredible.

5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Bummed out at no more photo storage at original quality. Also going to wait for Black Friday specials; got burned last year on the Pixel 3.

6. OmegaSupreme

Yeah... the original storage thing sucks. I'm gonna have to do some rearranging there already to recoup some space and I already pay for extra storage.

Black Friday deals are almost guaranteed.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Same here. Fighting hard to wait for black Friday deals.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  8. BiGGieStuFF

You didn't go for the ROG 2 PHone? that thing is feature packed!! =P

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  9. OmegaSupreme

Nah. It's a super nice phone though. At the end of the day, for my usage anyway, camera was most important. Just want a "get out the way and let me use my phone” phone.

May be back on a Galaxy come March if Google doesn't shape up 3rd party launcher support for Android 10. No new gestures and no new assistant.

10. BiGGieStuFF

I just read about that to. Pretty crappy since I liked Nova so much but recently went back to pixel launcher because the animations in nova aren't as smooth. I"m wondering if 3rd party launchers will even be able to support 90mhz .

11. OmegaSupreme

Looks like the third party launcher is already resolved for the new Pixel and will supposedly truck down to the rest of the A10 devices.

12. KingCheetah

I have to get a phone asap I like the Galaxy S10+ or LG V60 Q(5g) for TMobile/Sprint... Recommendations between the two? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Baller.

14. KingCheetah

*Balla

Not getting the S20 Ultra tho.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did not like the hard R?

Why not, I like my A20 I got free but it is a little buggy and I am looking to upgrade with a samsung.

I Like the overall package and functions.

16. OmegaSupreme

So the Pixel 4a was announced today at $350...$50 less than the iPhone SE. Got a super high review from engadget here: https://www.engadget.com/google-pixel-4a-review-price-specs-availability-150050960.html

iPhone SE has two more years of updates and better processor. Pixel has better camera, screen, updated design. Processor on Pixel won't mean much with Google's optimizations.

I'll likely wait for the Pixel 5 which is supposed to launch anywhere from 599 to 699 and trade in my S20 Ultra. Google's going for upper mid-range these days now that no one wants to pay for a $1000 phone anymore.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Too late to start the 2022 thread...

Galaxy S22 vs. Pixel 7. Thoughts?

19. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love my Pixel 7 Pro. I'm all-in on team Pixel. I love the way it knows me from Google and seamlessly integrates across the default apps. No bloatware. Great photos. Telephoto is useful for me in Real Estate. The phone is always improving itself. Google pay is great ...tapping through on the subway or on the tube or in Japan or other contactless overseas is a breeze. I'll also carry a Pixel 7 as a spare or dedicated hotspot on a separate line.

My daughter loves her Samsung S22 Ultra. She is team Samsung. She loves that it is widely supported and uses Samsung pay.

We pair both with an Anker Gan 7 series fast charger, and cable. Topping up is relatively painless. I also carry a small back-up battery in my backpack.

We use both on Google Fi and bought them direct there. Best carrier for world travel. Seamless switching between countries, unlimited data, hotspot and tethering for laptop on the go.

Max out on phones and plan. That's a basic tool for business and life. You'll get a lot of pleasure and less headaches. No regrets.
    Best wishes to you.

Invisible Fan, DonnyMost and ElPigto like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Anybody got a foldable phone?

Is it just a gimmick, or is it a functional everyday phone?

What's good about it or bad about it?