1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have a bitter taste in my mouth [harden, lebron--all these guys]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 14, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Before anybody calls me out, I am one of the most vocal morley critics on this board. But what he did was harmless...he LIKED a ****ing tweet asking for basic human rights. At worst just ignore what he said.

I'm wearing my fear the beard shirt and can't help but feel like James (both of them) and the rest of these "woke" athletes are hypocritical sellouts. Maybe this is why basketball should just be about basketball. Harden is a cool ass dude ...but I would think after making so much money you would let your convictions dictate your actions.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My advice would be just focus on the sport itself

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wouldn’t really call harden a “woke” athlete.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him say anything about politics or the president.

He does his charity work gives money and scholarships and that’s pretty much it.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden never tried to be “woke”...he never tried to speak up on political issues like a Lebron, Kerr, and others...he’s not that dude, and he’s never tried to be

Harden just wants to hoop, win a title for the city, and enjoy life

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yea that's true, I respect harden for all his booty stripper ways because normally hes just being himself and not trying to project some sort of image. This is clearly his wallet talking. How about these guys think about the 99% of fans that fund them

6. jowman

jowman Member

China overreacted no doubt but I have no issues about the athletes reservations to speak out on this.

They are athletes that like to put a ball in a hoop what makes you think they would want to educate themselves on what’s going on 10000 miles away and then risk losing money speaking out on it.

Has anyone here done any research on what’s actually going on or is this a case of let’s follow the powerful masses whatever they say on here must be right. If not who cares **** those commies!

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

What Harden said was idiotic and disrespectful to Morey.
    But what the others been saying exposes them as greedy hypocrites.

The cake goes to Lebron of course who even attacked freedom of speech.

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Well maybe now everyone will get their wish. Anyone who tries to speak up about human rights abuses in America will be immediately dismissed because of their silence on HK. So finally we no longer have to hear about innocent people being gunned down in our streets from these so called "woke" athletes.

I have to give credit to the real puppet masters here. This was a brilliant way to strike a blow against or silence so called SJW's in the US. Very well played by the conservative media.

Yeah LeBron James and Harden are hypocritical sellouts. When you have time look up how much time and money they have given toward helping the less fortunate. Then ask yourself are these guys really hypocrites and sellouts or are you buying into a narrative created for specific political impact.

randerson, SF3isBack!!, jdhi and 4 others like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Most of these guys know as little about China's human rights record in recent years as most of the rest of us do.

That's because businesses here have long been content to overlook such things if there's a buck to be made. The more money involved, the easier it is for businesses to look the other way.

These athletes are reacting no differently than the CEOs of huge corporations who learn that some political dust-up might affect the big money that the Chinese population represents. Their first impulse is to stop the hemorrhaging of the money they've gotten used to receiving.

Richie_Rich and BaselineFade like this.
  10. jowman

jowman Member

It’s a business. Our own government has done business with far worse governments if it’s in their interests.
    Or we just gonna act like Saudi Arabia got their **** together

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think the rockets and Tilman maybe even Morey himself told harden to say that.

Harden doesn’t like to offend anyone that’s been pretty clear his whirl career.

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Except you can be a sellout and also help some people in need that gives you free publicity.

Does Lebron funding a HS make him any less of a hypocrite?

He obviously doesn't give a damn if other human beings are in concetration camps as long as it doesn't happen in his neighbourhood. But goes and makes money portraying himself as a social warrior.

13. malakas

malakas Member

If Morey wanted to say something he would have had with his own mouth. He only had made his apology a few hours before.

It was thoughtless, idiotic and disrespectful. But at least it showed mostly ignorance it didn't show naked greed and hypocrisy like Lebron.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't believe that. I think that was Harden going off the cuff trying to help. He didn't, but he never said another word after that.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden also gives to charity with little fanfare. Harden was the first to give a million dollars to help Harvey victims.

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He just wants booty. A true hero. If I was rich, I would be harden ,all about booty big and round

Jontro likes this.
  17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m not so sure about that.

Morey wants to keep his job and his millions in salary a year, he’s got a wife and kids to feed too also.

Pretty sure Tilman and Adam silver have told Morey to be quite for a while.

But you could be right.

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You might be right it’s just not Hardens character.

He’s never spoken out on any social or political issue at all. He just give money to charity and does his scholarship stuff. Basically he’s rich and he knows it so he give money away cause he can which is cool. I’m with that.

Richie_Rich, DreamShook and malakas like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That’s
    That’s a woke athlete. Doesn’t mess with drama and ego sheat... looking good. Does what he does. Task at hand and doesn’t meddle in stuff that detracts him from his game. LeBron on the other hand is already trying to play diplomat, General Manager, activist, and commentator. Concentrate on making a good product (basketball). Something so good, these Chinese folks would rather forget the crap and watch the games. Bring it every night. Make the game worth watching. Eff the politics.

Corrosion and Possum like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think so.
    As Bill Simmons said Morey is the only GM in the league that could be doing a hundred other jobs in many fields with his qualifications and talent.

SF3isBack!! likes this.