1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shooting In Fort Worth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I question how officers are being trained in this country, I don't believe they are being trained the right way.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

mdrowe00 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Edited body cam.

Do you think the footage absolves him?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You continue to make zero sense.

Police are public employees just like teachers they are under scrutiny from the public.

6. amaru

amaru Member

I know the neighbor meant well but black people really need to stop and think if the situation they are calling law enforcement for needs firearms to be present for a successful resolution. That is apparently the default problem-solving method for some police departments working in black communities.

Edit:

I really hope we don't see any ******* hugging by the family or the judge this time around.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I posted my opinion on the video earlier.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't have any problem with a social media scrub, just so long as the courts have access to whatever was once there. The public character assassinations that result don't really advance the course of justice. If, in their careful process a judge decides its admissible for a jury to hear, that's a fair use. Where the fairness issue comes in though is that a regular perp who does not get the kid gloves treatment from the PD doesn't have any opportunity to do a social media scrub. Whether no one can or everyone can, it just needs to be equal.

My outlook has changed because of the police shootings. I remember I made a couple noise complaints before about parties in the apartment building across the street when I was younger (and had a baby with terrible sleep habits). I wouldn't do that today.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I agree with this. But, this is what comes with so many people owning guns. Guns are everywhere. Guns in homes, guns in cars, guns in purses, guns in pockets. Guns guns guns.

Cops are afraid of getting shot just like anyone else. Yes, I know cops probably shouldn't take a job if they are afraid of getting shot. And yes, cops should be trained in a way that prevents innocent people from getting killed. But, we live in a gun culture that makes everyone quick to pull the trigger.

Just to be clear. The officer was completely wrong in this situation. The person killed did nothing wrong. But, the world we live in means things like this will probably happen again.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Welfare check...

BANG!

There appears to be a dead person with a gunshot wound...

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So the guy resigned before the police dept had a chance to fire him... he’s considered dishonorably discharged as far as the dept is concerned. The dept has basically cut ties with him. This is dude will be convicted and spend time in jail. He was only a cop for 18 month? Wow...a trigger happy white dude that shot a kids aunt while they played Halo together. What a POS...
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nephew-8-room-fort-worth-135607059.html

#53 Severe Rockets Fan, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It just serves to assassinate character in the media.

It serves no purpose on judging what happened

Thats not what they signed up for.

Public in public employee doesn't mean subject to having life details on public display

It means public service

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The secrecy is standard police procedure. The victim of the murder gets drug tested and his house searched for weapons and drugs. The assasin does not get drug tested, gets two days to lawyer up, cleans up all his racist commentary and gets his name withheld from the public until he's charged with a crime often after a six month to two year's long investigation by the very same police department that employs the officer.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Things are not looking very good for the legal defense of this officer so far.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.

Rocket River

Rashmon likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude could you at least wait till we learn about the guy. You're doing the same you accuse people of

So far it just looks like a guy with an itchy trigger finger. He didn't ask for this call to hunt down a black woman.

Law enforcement isn't backing him just like they didn't back Guyger

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sorry to break this to you but yeah that's exactly what they signed up for.

I guarantee you there is something pertaining to social media in the training manual and from HR.

You really don't have a clue.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They signed up to have people looking at their Facebook?

Show me where that is written since i have no clue

I thought they signed up to be police officers
    Show me the Facebook part in an official job description

TIA

Edit: Show me the official job description section that says if you use your weapon your action will be reviewed by internal affairs and your entire personal life is up for review by everyone else in the world

#60 pgabriel, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019