1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Any fan footage of the Correa homer? Love those videos.

dannah likes this.
  2. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

So why is there such thing as a non reviewable play in the playoffs? Literally the most important time of the year to get it right. Luckily we got the make up call but with our luck most of the playoffs that could have been a play that turned the whole series against us. Like the Altuve/Betts fan interface crap last year.

3. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Amazing Amazing game
    CC..CC..CC..CC
    Springer finally hit a HR.
    The air was sucking out of windows for every patch.
    I can't breathe.
    Go Astros Go GC

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

MMP was loud.

Russy Westbrook was there. He did not stay past the 8th.

I agree with moving Correa up and Alvarez down in the lineup. After that terrible strikeout he had with the ball way outside, he smashed his bat and broke then in the dugout he threw a shard back out on the field in frustration.

Great win.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. dannah

dannah Member

For all the talk about tipping pitches, implying it is cheating, i wonder if anyone will stop and discuss how Gardner could pretend to have fouled off the pitch. To me this is really openly cheating. Is it common for baseball players to lie and cheat during games? I don't have any other examples that come to mind...Sometimes they may think they got hit if their jersey was slightly grazed, but this ?

DaDakota likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been fighting some illness and had to go to sleep after 10. I'm so glad to be waking up to a Stros win rather than a loss!

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It is asinine that they're allowed to review a possible HBP or fan interference.... but they're not allowed to review whether or not a ball was foul-tipped or completely whiffed on.

I guess because that's not that far away from "reviewing" balls and strikes, but when its a play that can be missed that easily... and we're not talking about millimeters here like we do with the strike zone... AND there was irrefutable evidence that the swing didn't touch the ball... they have to find a way to get that call right.

Nook and whiskeyred like this.
  8. BonziWellsGOAT

I know I'm outing myself as dirty Cowboys fan but uhhh it made my day appreciably worse thank u lol The Astros really salvaged the day for me

HatsForBats likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I fell asleep!!!!! I have a good feeling about the rest of the series. A loss last night would have been hard to overcome.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Hopefully that will help jumpstart the offense, there were some encouraging signs but still leaving guys on base too often.

If we had lost I was going to have a really hard time getting over that Brantley/Sabathia at-bat. Sabathia seemed to have no control, and Brantley swung and a marginal 3-1 pitch for the ground out. That to me seemed like he should have made him throw three strikes and tried to foul a couple off if need be until he got a good pitch.

Nook and BigShasta like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

If Hinch does shake the lineup, I'd be ok with it, Correa's career justifies it, and Alvarez has looked like a rookie this series....but....up until the start of this series Alvarez was one of our best hitters in the playoffs and the regular season. Two bad games don't deserve a demotion, and the rest of the team has been just as bad. Think we are strong either way.

#2451 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

if you have snapchat, you can go and view fan made videos from Minute Maid

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Pimped my homerun. New Series, literally.

14. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

He’s a rookie take his ass down a notch and bring cc up in the order.

15. Handles

Handles Member

It was Sanchez right? As soon as the pitch was thrown I yelled “call it!” to my TV. I was definitely expecting a make-up call. Pissed me off that Sanchez was complaining. Like dude you got four strikes to play with and you already struck out. Go sit down you big baby.

desihooper and jcee15 like this.
  16. jcee15

Yes it was

17. dannah

dannah Member

yeah sorry, it was 7 am for me...anyway, the guy plain and simple cheated. he deserved to get that 3rd strike bogus call

18. jcee15

So what happened to that security guard?

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Should Alvarez lose his DH spot?

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

To who?

He's a rookie and he's having to deal with the adjustments everybody is making. Not to mention possible run of the mill slumps everybody has to contend with and the longest season he's ever had to play

Maybe he should be dropped a little in the lineup but he's still easily our best option. Gotta let him fight through it, can't pull him out of the fire.

mikol13 likes this.